for The Scarecrow

12/11/2018 c1 nicetaralezh
This is so beautiful, tender and passionate! Ooh, thank you for that.
10/16/2017 c8 Adreamermusing
I'm pretty surprised this doesn't have more reviews and favourites. If it did, I'm sure I would have found it sooner.

First off, your premise is brilliant. Most Snape/Lily fanfics are time-travel based (understandable, because that is one of the few plausible ways to get them together), but yours is completely unique and even more heart-breaking. The fact that they managed to live happy lives before the war tore them apart is tragic, and you do well in foreshadowing that sadness because I was dreading it throughout the story. I adore the fact that you didn't just make Snape give up the dark arts, that he does struggle with his choices. I also love that you didn't dumb down Lily and make her some airhead whose claim to fame was through Snape, which is unfortunately a trope some stories use. She's just as gifted and experimental as him and the idea that they both play their talents off of each other is lovely.

I love the plot and story direction. This is well above and beyond most Snape/Lily stories on this site, including the popular ones and I wish it was more popular because it's beautiful. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

I'm not sure if you're looking for constructive criticism so just ignore this if you aren't. I think your prose could do with some work. Some descriptions tend to go a bit overboard like:

"There was no blue sky that afternoon, of course, no sun to cast the land below into a cheerful gold; instead, the sun petulantly hung behind a barrier of cloud, so that the fields were a dull dun, the color of mud-the color of his mood right then, actually."

While I imagine Snape to be a bit poetic, this is a bit much in my opinion. I think it would work just as well without the adjectives.
8/27/2017 c7 288thweasleykid
i liked this until you made severus become a spy and go back to Hogwarts
6/3/2017 c8 Tra8erse
Oh this is heartbreaking. But beautiful. Thanks for this lovely story.
12/22/2016 c8 HatakeQR
This is really a fantastic story. You are an amazing writer and I can't wait to read more stories written by you.
The ending totally breaks my heart. So much feeling..
I'm going to pretend that the ending is just a bad dream for Severus, a bad dream that he will wake up soon, and in Lily's arms. And they will have a fantastic life ahead of them, with Lily giving birth to a wonderful boy/girl, inheriting the best qualities from both parents.
And they will grow old together, never fearing for their lives.
12/10/2016 c8 Amanthya
Considering she died anyway in canon he might as well have had his time with her. I'm going to pretend Dumbledore let Severus go back in time and save her.
10/29/2016 c8 Kacey Read
OMG my heart is broken. Damn you. Good story but OH THE FEELS!
8/13/2016 c1 Fenris Jin
I wonder.. Harry Potter has the dumbest luck ever.. Was he conceived during a little experiment with the Felix Felicis? XD

This sounds like a fun read! :D
6/23/2016 c8 6Rook of Eight
One of the best stories I've ever read, truly fantastic!
1/6/2016 c8 14No.311
Dammit! You made me cry, it was that good! I can't tell whether I hate you for that ending or not, well done! In fact, I logged on just to review this. That apothecary idea is awesome, by the way, do you know a story where something like that (Lily & Snape making potions) is fully implemented?

Anyway, well done once again. Good tragedy you have here!
11/25/2015 c4 13Pseudoavatar
Hi, just wanted to drop a line and tell I'm enjoying the story so far. Keep up the good work!
8/7/2015 c1 Guest
Dunderhead
3/15/2015 c8 Aki02
... Duele
Realmente Duele...
es como despertar de un sueño maravilloso...
Odias regresar a la realidad
espero mas historias como esta (menos trágica) pero aun extraordinaria.
Sigue adelante...
2/20/2015 c8 1Lackadaisical.Lover
kudos on writing such a beautifully tragic fanfic. I thought I was getting some delicious smut. I didnt expect to have my heart broken as well. :(
2/18/2015 c8 Emilia.c