for Spitfire

7/17/2017 c1 Guest
Yeah this sucks so far sorry but it's just not juicy enough there's so little hostilty and there not much spitfire by Artemis so you can't really call this spitfire
4/18/2016 c3 Raphsbea
11/9/2012 c3 Guest
OMG So much aster!

(Fangirl feels)

:) :) :) :) :)

Writing was amazing... YAY!
11/2/2012 c1 Mark in orlando
This is really great don't sell yourself short . Starting over with a clean slate was a great idea for them . And I love Artemis and Wally together more than any other couple . I hope if we ever get to see the end of this season on the show , that Artemis will get back home to Wally safe and sound aftrr this secret mission is over . I think we all want a happy ending for these two . And then Wally needs to punch Nightwing in the face ...HARD , I'm just saying he has it coming for a couple of reasons . Being secretly in love with Artemis being # 1 .
8/4/2012 c2 Gen
Oh my geez they are assholes in "Skinny love" JFC. This is so great .
8/4/2012 c1 Gen
This is precious. I'm kind of excited to read this .
8/3/2012 c1 35EowynAhsokaLover
That was hilarious and quite good.
12/5/2011 c3 i-Spit-on-Fire
I think you did an amazing job! I LOVED it!
11/28/2011 c3 38mahlia
Ha. I just realized I ticked the "alert" box to this fic, thinking it was a WIP. After the first two chapters being so amazing, you can't blame a girl for trying, huh? :)

I absolutely *loved* this chapter. The argument, the stare-downs, the stuttering, the blatant lying, all of it. Not to mention the dialogue was fantastic, as usual. Wow.

This was a great way to wrap up this story, to have them argue so much and decide it wouldn't work between them if they changed. (And they certainly wouldn't be Spitfire, either!) You let the dialogue control this scene, and I think that was a great way to go. And to keep it from getting too overbearing, though, you once again did what you do so well: showed us what Artemis was thinking, not just telling us.

I *love* the way you write Spitfire, and I'm glad you wanted me to take a look at your work. Thank you. :)
11/28/2011 c2 mahlia
Oh, these two adorably awkward teenagers.

Considering this is a scene that hasn't happened on the show, it certainly feels like it could. It's incredibly natural, it flows really well, and the way you describe how Artemis finally snaps and has enough with Wally's flattery?

Snark at its finest!

I was secretly hoping you would write her getting to that point, because the way you kept alluding to her being so annoyed was subtle and gradual. And after she calls him out, the discussion dissolves into an argument and ends with a stalemate, both of them unwilling to compromise. It's so perfectly *them*. You have such a gift for writing these two, and I'm envious of that. :)

Structurally, this is smooth and to the point, and you spend just the right amount of time in Artemis's head without it being too much. The talent you have with the little details: the watered-down soda, the ketchup-coated fries and the old vinyl seat. Lovely details that help show where they are and what they're doing, but they don't take away from the conversation at all.

Lovely job, as always!
11/28/2011 c1 mahlia
Nope, my dear, this doesn't suck. Not even a little bit!

While I never would have expected Wally to suggest the two of them start over and go back to the beginning? It was an entirely realistic thing for him to say, and it seems very much like him to do that. I can't imagine him wanting to have that kind of a competitive and unhealthy relationship. He doesn't seem like the type to want that, nor would he be able to sustain it.

Your dialogue in this chapter is simply amazing. It's a very natural banter and it's something I've always enjoyed, listening to the two of them talk/argue/flirt/etc. And I also thought the way you scattered some of Artemis's thoughts was unique, too. It added a lot of insight to her dialogue that otherwise would have been lost.

The part where he's trying to apologize and she flat-out won't let him was brilliant. I *loved* that. I look forward to reading the next chapter in a minute, here, and commenting some more. :)
11/24/2011 c3 9Jillian of Lore
I've said this before, and I'll say it again; I LOVE your writing!

You keep them in character and are able to put them in foreign surroundings!
40 Page 1 .. Last Next »