for Midsummer

10/5/2011 c1 8Strandstorken
I started reading it, and then I just couldn't stop again. I really hope you will update soon.

I especially like the way it's written, for one it's another great job on the descriptive writing, And I like the atmosphere you've built.

I'll definitely be reading the rest of this. :)
10/4/2011 c1 9Vanidot
Bummer that I'm not the first reviewer but I loved it nonetheless. I'm just extremely jealous, next to this story Daddy Long-legs CSI: Ny Style seems like a child wrote it. Oh well maybe after I can come out of hiding again I'll give you a more in-depth critique (not that it needs one).
10/4/2011 c1 6Lost in New York
I'm glad to see this posted!:) I really enjoyed reading this wonderful piece! The descriptions of summer are beautifully written. Martha is so lovely character, I like her! Hers and Don's interaction was written very well. I smiled while reading the scenes:) I like the idea of the friends spending the weekend together. I liked Don's thoughts about being an uncle. His thoughts about Mac and Stella are so true, and I loved how nicely he thought about them. Very lovely. I can't wait for more!:)
10/4/2011 c1 Brinchen86
Like I told you already, this is a really great idea for a story. You're good at writing team stories. I'm glad you had so many people who supported you with writing this. The plot is very interesting and so is the start to this fic. I love the idea of Danny and Lindsay being married and with Lucy. I love the closeness between them; it's what I love about them in the show and I'm always happy to see that you're capturing that so well in your stories. It's one big reason why I fell in love with your fics like ages ago. ;) I'm happy to see my ship so close. And I also love the way you're writing everyone else. You keep us entertained with good plots and with lovely character interaction. I already know a lot about the fic but still: more please. :) This was awesome!
10/3/2011 c1 14Ballettmaus
As expected, I liked your choice for solving the Rosie situation :-) I like Martha's comment in general and as you know, I am a fan of Martha. It's so nice to have her in your stories, a character without any kind of restrictions, getting away with everything because of her good heart :-)
10/3/2011 c1 116ChibiDawn23
I like! A thousand and one million percent I like. I love this time frame and anything Flack-centric is pretty much perfect. Makes me want to go to the antebellum South like...right now. Pity I'm stuck up here! Guess I'll have to live vicariously.
10/3/2011 c1 conche
Lily: I honestly don't see how one could not be completely taken by your writing. What a wonderful start to another story. I hope you had an enjoyable time in Chicago and Dora is a lucky person.
10/3/2011 c1 36webdlfan
First of all, I know its cold in February or at least think it is, so that must be inside. :p Otherwise, that could be why you were sick last February. Just kidding. I don't have that long of a memory. :p

I love your description of Mrs. H, and Don's relationship with her, how she effects him, and how the years just melt away... now are you writing yourself into this story too, as poor Rosie Hudson? :p I also like how she's more of a character than sid, and ... well, in repeating myself, I like that. In a real way, Flack and Sid don't have that much of a relationship anyway. :p

What a fun contrast for Stella ... Stella was a little more lackadaisical about timekeeping and took a mischievous delight on occasion in stretching punctuality to its limit. However, she cared for her husband's idiosyncrasies and had never yet made him late.

The whole set up of the weekend is interesting. offering the Messer's a vacation, the Taylors, and thanking them for helping him when he was sick. Love how thinking of Lucy leads to a longing.

And I think my eyes absolutely must deceive me. Is there no cliffe? No one's maimed or lying at death's door? :p Unless you count Flack being sick ... how sick is he?

LOL just kidding. This is a great beginning. I can't wait for more. So excited that its done (unless its done the way I have things done which means more chapters are added). Anyway, love love love. Very intrigued. Can't wait to see the friends as the come around and interact in this new world.p So very very good to see you writing and posting again!
263 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18