for Letters

8/4/2013 c1 Webb360
This piece is beautiful. Truly great.
7/14/2013 c1 Cilone
I need to read more of the books but I love this!
6/17/2013 c1 1vXVIKINGXv
i enjoyed reading it especially because it had Camicazi in it
6/8/2013 c1 Boredom Z
Can I just say that I love you writing, it's just so natural and flowing and fantastic to read. I'm actually a bit curious if you write any independent works outside of fan fiction?
6/6/2013 c1 1Inevitably Insane
AHHHH so much happiness here. I love your Camicazi, and this is just the icing on the cake :)
5/3/2013 c1 12Azul Ocean
You just love breaking my heart with every installment, don't you? Excellent as usual!
3/28/2013 c1 9AlexJohnD
OMGOMGOMGOMG THAT WAS AMAZING I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT AHHHHHHHHHHH *takes deep breath*! I can't believe it took me two readings of Hitchups before I went to your profile page and found this! I love everything about this; the deceit, the anger, the forgiveness, and the love. And I REALLY like the connection you made between Hiccup and his mom. I think he'll be the most awesome dad ever! And since he is forced to be on Midgard until Ragnarok, at least he will always be there for her...And actually this kind of helps me make sense of some of how Hiccup feels in the first chapter of Without a Hitch. He would have watched both Camacazi and Alivia die...sad...but you're amazing!
3/25/2013 c1 18Harm Marie
Very sweet.
1/6/2013 c1 1Misa3000
Real cute. Loved Alivia. Very cute.
11/29/2012 c1 Guest
so his daughter is going to be the same age as her father at some point that will be weird and akward when the meet others I mean what will it be like when someone ask if she's his sister, cousin or wife and he tells them he's her father imagine when she gets a boyfriend i mourn for him he will make a dirty joke about her to him and get lighting in the face
11/27/2012 c1 1Crystale no otaku
Wow. Wasn’t expecting THAT. Stormfly, huh ? Well, we missed that name anyway. And about the other one, let’s not dwell on that (really, your naming is way too funny ). And if it’s a boy he’d be raising it ? Not in a million years ! Well, the alternative’d be his father. Hey, that could be good for Stoick. Having a new baby, he’d be able to get over Hiccup a little better and I’m sure this time he’d not make as many mistakes. Not to say he wouldn’t make any though, just less.

Well, at least Cami regretted something now. She probably never knew shame, now she does.

Lol Greek woman !

Oh, Deceitful Beast this time ? Well, better than nothing like last time. Victim at the end ? LOL.

Meathead ? Probably just a political thing again. As a way to gain more influence since the fiasco of the island ? I doubt it’d just be as an apology. Dunno why I think so, though. Snotlout, well, true to himself.

Her name this time. Forgiveness on its way ? Knew he’d be happy about the grandchildren. Hiccup probably won’t have any other. After all, he didn’t want any in the beginning and I can easily get why. Apart from the reasons he told, of course. Of course he’d be afraid of being a bad father, look at his childhood ! I’m still glad he ‘talked’ to her. Civilly. Tried to get her to understand his reasons.

Knock her- Cami, really. She’s hopeless.

I agree with Hiccup. C’mon Cami, be rebellious !

Troll of your seed. Heh. That one is worth remembering _ YOU wanted this, even if it was a spur of the moment thing. Deal with it Of course I feel for her too. Never been pregnant, but doesn’t look easy. And hormones aren’t to be underestimated. See ? She takes it all on him. I exploded in laugh at the end, when he told Toothless to burn it. Right now. What, too many crude words ? For someone who has lost his virginity, he can really behave child-like sometimes (sorry, can’t think of better word)

Cami again. I really thought it’d be a boy. Good for her, and him too, I guess. I agree with Hiccup, that Terror really can find him. Worse than a pigeon. As usual, she changes opinion as easily as a cloth. You should read your last letter, gee . As for Hiccup, probably not the best way (another letter) to wake up to when you’re drunk. Your fault :P

Awww. Can I see her. Cute. Her feeling afterwards too. Well, fear.

« She still half-expected him not to show. Not to care—even when she should have known better. » Expecting otherwise is a way to protect oneself, after all. If he really hadn’t shown up, it would’ve hurt less than if she were expecting him. LOL. Women half to jump him, half to kill him. Poor, poor him. « She could only imagine what other scars she may find on his body—provided he ever allowed her to touch him again.» Tough luck. Well, he may. Hormones ARE difficult to control. « His command over his features had advanced since their last encounter. » Oh boy. He was already difficult to deal with. :P Mom-body. Yeah, I know one of my friends too. She had big breasts, now they’re huge. Cami’s beginning to be more self-aware. Love (can it be love?) do that. Omg, I can SO hear Toothless’ teasing of his nervousness. As if he already wasn’t almost unbearable. This has the potential to be worse than when Hiccup did IT for the first time. Anyway. I remembered Stormfly spoke a little. Apparently Hiccup didn’t Toothless jealous ? Brat, indeed. Hiccup don’t know how to act upon seeing his daughter. Alivia. Well, it’s cute. Dunno what a cat-o-nine is, but it sure looks dreadful. And now he’s all possessive. Cute. The gall, sure. He didn’t want it, after all. Ah, the charm a baby can do without even trying ! Of course he’d forgive her after seeing his daughter. Toothless is so gonna be on his case after this one ! Cami’s sorry for how she did things, but I’m sure she’s not sorry for actually doing them. It’s Cami.

Ha ! They made love again. Hormones. I’m surprised he let her, considering how she tricked him the last time. Although Camicazi can’t be ready for another one just yet. That couple is a weird one. Cute nonetheless. Something shiny she says, he can’t have forgotten the last time. Gee, that woman...

The play of not-signature, then name-calling, then name, then future title, then again with the name-calling, added a great touch into the story. After that, it was just cute. I love it. Complementary to the main story. Real good. The last paragraph was fantastic. A good feeling left at the end. I love stories that you can get a glimpse of the future too. Feels more realistic. Anyway, it’s good. Can’t see what I can say more. Except I GOT MY BOOKS ! Can’t get that silly grin out of my face. Geez, sorry. Couldn’t help myself.
10/19/2012 c1 6anhedral
I really liked this when I first read it a while ago, so thought I'd try it again to see if my impressions were the same at the distance of several months. I needn't have worried; this beautifully structured one-shot is just as good as I remembered.

Everything about this just... works. The letters to begin with: brilliantly funny, but poignant with it. The way you really get into the heads of Hiccup and Cami, keeping all their words and actions consistent with their characters. Each is so well crafted; given everything they've been through which is not in the canon, I almost prefer to think of them as your OCs at this point. But above all I think it's the flow, the way you blend dialogue with description, long sentences with short... it's just so damned easy and enjoyable to read, and the style is uniquely your own.

I have been reading a fair bit of published sci-fi and fantasy recently, and I'm struck by how well your work compares, particularly in terms of believable characters with some emotional depth that the reader can really latch onto. I've read all sorts of advice on forums on how to write this stuff effectively - for heaven's sake, you can even buy books on it! - but somehow I suspect you never needed any lessons of that sort. I hope you will consider writing your own original story soon; if you were to illustrate it yourself too, that really would be an interesting proposition.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful writing. It's still the gold standard as far as I can see.
9/13/2012 c1 1Ferdoos
Awesome sort of sequel to hitchups
6/13/2012 c1 4Aronim
Impressive. And nice to see a reaction different from "OH SHIT I'M GONNA BE A FATHER". Hiccup's sense of betrayal seems very realistic and he isn't painted as a bad guy for being upset. Nice.
2/26/2012 c1 4thepapergirl
This is

So.

Good.

The detail is spot-on, to be honest, the detailed bits at the end are what won me over :D it's described perfectly, and CamiCazi is definitely in character! The idea of CamiCazi and Hiccup writing letters to each other in such an awkward situation was played off incredibly light and much more innocent than what you would think. I love it!

Cheers! LadyM