for Letters

10/5/2011 c1 1CrossroadxOFxVesper
I remember when Hitchups was first posted. It seems like so long ago, yet only yesterday. I was so...entranced by your depiction of that initial scenario that I had no option but to see it through to the finish.

It's been little more than a year now. In that year, few things have made me as happy as when I saw that you had updated.

Rather than babble on about nothing, I suppose I should just get straight to the point. Hitchups was easily one of my favorite stories of all time. I'm sure you have heard that from countless people, but I wished to throw that out there for your consideration regardless. You write so well, and how you went about designing this story was absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately, like all good things, Hitchups had to end. Much to my despair, I might add. I was elated when I saw you post this oneshot; it gives me great joy to see that the story lives on outside my memories of Hitchups. After reading this, I realized that I never actually reviewed. At the urging of one of my friends, I have decided to do so.

Other than "excellent work," I don't have much to say about Hitchups. I never noticed any grammatical issues, and I never had any problems with what occurred in the story. I feel foolish for only commending you, rather than having something to analyze, but it is what it is.

As for Letters, I shall actually be more extensive.

I like how you threw a monkey wrench into the story; a child is sure to screw up the quaint but childish "happy-go-lucky" attitude from the movie.

In spite of how serious the situation was, I was amused at how you managed to portray Hiccups humor. I laughed loudly(probably obnoxiously so) when I read the "Deceitful Beast" and "victim" letter. It was perfect.

Hiccup's growth between letters was interesting as well. He wasn't too happy, but he accepted it. I liked how you regulated the slow transition from acceptance to being happy about it.

Cami's hormonal rage letter amused me as well. Luckily for me, I haven't had to experience the wrath of a pregnant woman, so I can't comment on the accuracy of Cami's reaction. I can merely laugh at Hiccup's reaction, and move along.

I'm sure Hiccup will make a great father, so long as he isn't foolish enough to make an unwise decision that could cost him. I'm interested to see if you do anything more with this.

Yet again, I'm saddened that it ends. I look forward to more oneshots, since I know(much to my chagrin, I might add) that you are not intending to write a sequel to Hitchups.

I think I've prattled on long enough.

I wish you well in the future, and hope to see more awesomeness.

Very Respectfully,

Vesper
10/5/2011 c1 8Stella-Muse
This. THIS. I have told you I love you, haven't I? Well, just in case, allow me to reiterate- I FREAKING ADORE YOU! 3

This was absolutely amazing, and I couldn't stop giggling the entire time. The little detail about how Cami named the yellow terror "Periwinkle" was adorable, and the whole premise was something I didn't see coming EVEN THOUGH I SHOULD HAVE! Hindsight is a wonderful, terrible thing.

Might I be allowed to request more one-shots featuring Alivia as she grows up? Perhaps the trip with her father that was mentioned? Please? Or maybe one from Toothless' or Stormfly's POV, about the happy little family...?

MOAR PLZKTHNX! (I'm sorry. I know, I know- LOLspeak? REALLY? I just couldn't resist...)
10/5/2011 c1 1ITman496
Ha... (*is this baby supposed to be this fat?*) Thats classic.. nice work! XD
10/5/2011 c1 Kiomori
I loved this on deviantart, and I was hoping it was "Hitchups canon" for real. I'm glad it is! The letters, and the titles in them, were still funny, and seeing the little family together was adorable. I hope we'll get to see Alivia again!
10/5/2011 c1 2Imperial Dragon
The exchanging of letters between Hiccup and Camicazi was a great idea. I loved how Hiccup made the age old mistake of saying a girl looks fat.
10/5/2011 c1 15Bardess of Avon
I LOVE THIS-but you already knew that. Favoriting here as well :)
10/5/2011 c1 1Xynth
That was an excellent oneshot, though I'm kinda hoping to see scenes along this line in the future. Personally, I really like the idea of your Hiccup woth this Camicazi. I'm usually a fan of childhood-friend romances when the characters are seperated for long periods of time. Not a fan when they're together all of the time for some reason, though.

Anyways...I can't speak from personal experience here, but from everything I've seen/read/watched/heard, few things have as drastic effect on maturity as fatherhood (sudden and unexpected or planned and prepared for). Hiccup's feelings on the matter are perfectly reasonable and understandable, but I knew that he'd come to accept his new status and all that comes with it. It's definitely a good thing for him to have a roost to return to with people that love him. Too much freedom can be q bad thing, afterall...especially when time isn't a really significant limitation.

Alivia's story itself could be an extremely interesting one, too. A beautiful young woman with a love for and the freedom of the endless seas and boundless skies? Excellent character concept.

I'll leave off here, since I've got a class in a little. Loved the story, looking forward to your next!
10/5/2011 c1 SilverFoxQueen
Nice very nice. I like how you did that. Now I almost want to see what happens with Aliva when she gets older. Good job.
10/5/2011 c1 4BlueIrish
yowza, That good. Caught me up in the emotion you did. had a similar feeling when getting to really LOOK at my niece for the first time. And that was a couple years after she was born. Didn't really seem real to me when i was 13.

In other words. Good job capturing the moment. :) Made a wonderful morning on my part in rememberance.
10/5/2011 c1 2Prieva
You know, I seriously thought of this while you were still writing Hitchups. After that whole encounter between the two, there was an inkling in the back of my mind that said 'hey, Cami's gonna get preggo and then won't marry Snotlout'.

It just about killed me (from laughter, which is ok) when I started reading this. I love it when I'm right.

Aside from that, I just have to say that this was (obviously) adorable, precious, awesome, lovely...and a variety of other positive adjectives. I wasn't expecting a one-shot from you so quickly.
10/5/2011 c1 1Winged Golden Tiger
Frankly, I had been afraid of the "they slept one night together and *poof* a baby!" trope when they had sex in Hitchups and was wary when I saw the feared "I'm pregnant" from Cami...

But Hiccup was *not* happy and Cami didn't demand him to be with her so I kept reading.

I'm glad I did.

That Hiccup has now someone to come to, that he isn't grounded but will come for his daughter... But what about him aging so much slower? Still, he'll be able to explore with his daughter all her adult life so it's good I guess.

I'm glad that you wrote this and gave Hiccup a family.

(the bit with his mother was true and harsh: poor Hiccup! *hugs him*)

Thank you!

Winged Golden Tiger
10/5/2011 c1 LadyLore3
*sigh* I'm in love. You write so beautifully and effortlessly, it just amazes me. I definitely recall laughing at least half a dozen times. I don't remember every mentioning that during Hitchups - but you have such a good sense of humor. The letters were so entertaining and Hiccup's reaction to seeing Alivia is so precious. Love love loved it!
10/4/2011 c1 2Razzika
I'll admit that I was not expecting this, but I really loved it! Hiccup (your Hiccup especially) would make a great Daddy.
103 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7