FanFiction.Net
for Vidia: Lost Cause?

7/1/2012 c1 Guest
you are a very good writer. please continue to write. i especially liked the 17 part story about vidia & tinker bell. but the ending was depressing
6/6/2012 c1 Scorpy
Hi, Bjpboy, please allow some critique from one Russian reader (me). The idea of free will intervention is weak, implausible and sounds like pathetic justification or rationalization. I see two main possibilities: either Mother Dove did not care about cruelty that was occurring for centuries or she was powerless.

Let’s find an example from our universe. Nuclear weapons do exist and they are too powerful to be used freely but they are used to achieve political goals—mostly as constraint.

Let’s come back to the free will intervention. I’m not sure if I use the correct English term for that but in Russian it called “criminal omission”. Inaction can be considered as a crime if a person could have helped but did not make anything.

Let’s summarize:

1. Mother Dove exists in the story.

2. The deity did know everything about suffering of innocent fairies.

3. She could have stopped it at once or at least influence in some way, so the conflict could have been resolved with less amount of deaths and destruction.

4. Mother Dove did not make anything.

In my opinion this “divine” character is either insane or evil.

Last option, which is plausible but unpleasant: poor Vidia could not stand the burden of horrors and she finally lost her mind. The fastest fairy is lying in hospital while the most talented healers are trying to cure her delusion.

Hm… Your stories inspire me! Thanks and good luck!
5/28/2012 c1 40Juliet Knighly
This was a very moving story. I've read many of the fairy books, so I know (unlike many) who mother dove is, and you portrayed her and Vidia perfectly. I'll be sure to read your other story!
2/24/2012 c1 admirer
Beautifully written. You have skill beyond what most fanfic writers have. Please write more!
1/28/2012 c1 2Anarri2012
Finally read the preview omg ur very good at writing this good job! Pls hurry to update ur other story!
11/24/2011 c1 2VeeAmAy
I love the way you portrayed Vidia and Mother Dove. You made only one typo, I believe (I forgot what it was; sorry).

Oh, and I laughed to myself when Vidia called Mother Dove "bird", although that is kinda true...
10/8/2011 c1 22Mollyscribbles
It's great to see other authors writing about Vidia; I'm working on a Vidia fic, myself (despite a case of writer's block). She seems to be fairly popular among the older Disney Fairies fans.

This is an interesting start; different from my approach (but then, everyone has their own take on Vidia - even some of the official authors) and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.