for It's Green

7/11/2012 c32 2patricia.pc
Harry is so cute! I love him :) makes me want to hug him to death
7/11/2012 c33 katenkapotter
excellent chapter well worth the wait
7/10/2012 c31 Guest
This is a great story - unusually realistic. More, please?
6/26/2012 c31 8MaireadInish
I've really been enjoying this story. You have a really unique voice that has created a lovely blend of imagery and plot. I really enjoy the passiveness of your world; huge things aren't happening all the time, so that the things that are happening are all the more important.

As for the house I would put Harry in, I'm really not sure. Mostly I would look at it from a storytelling perspective, rather than where you would actually like Harry. Because in the end, no matter where he goes, you won't just be writing about him anymore. Do you really want to write about Harry's interactions with Goyle and Zabini, or would you rather write about him talking to Hannah Abbott and Ernie MacMillan? Of course you can justify placing Harry anywhere, but who would you most enjoy writing in the periphery? Do you want to create an entirely new school? Do you want to work with established relationships? Something in between?

Personally, I think I would choose to put him in Gryffindor, simply because we know everyone else's canon motivations for doing things, and the focus can be completely on Harry. And, much as I love stories about Harry in different houses, I really enjoy seeing the growth of him as a gardener and a person too much to care about everyone else's issues.

Also, I dislike non-sortings and dual sortings and think that they're often a cheap way out. After a thousand years, I'm pretty sure the rules aren't going to change just for Harry, extraordinary though he is.
6/18/2012 c31 EtherealSiren
I haven't read HP fics in a while, but when I ran across this over at Archive of Own, I just had to come here to see if you had more chapters up and I was delighted to get three more chapters! I really like how you've done this story. from the start, this story has seemed like one where Harry goes into Slytherin. I think any house could fit him at this point, but, Slytherin fits the rest of the story best (including the title). Harry's actions show cunning and drive to meet his ambitions. The non-family type of people he has had contact with regularly have very strong Slytherin traits. That being said, I think this Harry would be much better served to be in Ravenclaw because of the Slytherin reputation and how that would affect Harry. I'm not sure if Harry's good tolerance to being a social outcast will carry over. Now that I think of it, Harry's social situation could very well stay the same in Ravenclaw, or even be worse, considering the Luna example. Anyhoo, I am eager to see what you come up with! :D
6/16/2012 c31 softmouse
I love this story! I fell in love with it after the first chapter and can't wait for the next update.

I would like to vote for Hufflepuff. I have always thought that once you put house cliches away Hufflepuff is a house of quiet strength. They don't flaunt their abilities like other houses so they get a poor reputation however

"...Hufflepuff

Where they are just and loyal

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil..."

- A true Hufflepuff would be the most loyal of friends.

- They are willing to put in the effort to accomplish their goals what ever they may be.

- They are willing to learn about others and treat them fairly and when they make judgements it is about the indvidual and not race, creature or species as a whole. (insted of trying to free house elves they would focus on treatment of house evles seeing as most house elves would be highly upset with freedom and it probably goes against their culture or something).

- They are honest and keep promises that they make.

- They are Brave in the defence of their friends.

- They are Wise in their understanding of how people and the world react to eachother.

This is why I can see them in various leadership and politial roles they will work to understand their subordinates, enemies, and any and all side of an issue they may come accross. With their understanding they would be able to prodict how another party may react and may be able to reach a fair conculsion for all parties involved.

(Oh, look there is some cunning woot woot for tieing the other house traits into hufflepuff!)

(Good thing there is no such thing as perfect because that is a scarry thought)

Anyways I see your Harry having many of my ideal Hufflepuff traits. So vote for Hufflepuff!

P.S. sorry for the length.
6/16/2012 c31 2Fire Storm Weaver
I have to say that this has to be one of my favorite Harry Potter fan-fiction that I've read so far. I can't really think of anything important to say other than I think it's amazing and endearing and I'm looking forward to reading more.

As for what house Harry should be in I think I'm rather neutral. I think all the arguments are good and plausible. Slytherin has long been a big favorite and it would make me happy personally if Harry where to be sorted there but I'm also open to new things. I'm rambling, sorry.

So this is just me declaring my full support and love for this story!

-Weaver
6/10/2012 c31 2Lusalma
Like the story, love the Green, more please! wondering what will happen with foreign schools or the advancement of the classes or even what the Malfoys saw! More please!
6/8/2012 c31 Hettiezstar
I really, really, really loved the section with Harry drawing the Malfoys.

It seemed like foreshadowing to me ;)

I also adored the hug thing- IT TUGGED ON MY HEART STRINGS JUST RIGHT.

In regards to houses, I think: definitely not Gryffindor.

With the little Severus insert in this chapter it gave a little hint to there being some Severus/Harry interaction later on (not romantically) in that shop.

I can see any of the three remaining houses, really...it's up to you! Haha.

Which ever way you choose to go, I'd think it'd be cool if you veered off the books quite a bit. Your Harry is very different, and there's a lot of stories out there already that just have Harry going through his Hogwarts years, with only a tiny touch of difference in events to show he's different to cannon!Harry. This Harry seems a lot more perceptive and has a more individual perspective about authority- just use your creativity like you have been doing so well with all the plants and moulding of young Harry's character to create your own Hogwarts years. I'm definitely going to be reading year one! [if you post it as a sequel, it'd be good if you posted a chapter at the end of this letting us know when the sequel has been posted].

Anywhosey, thanks for the update! Please update real soon ;)

Thanks for all the work you've put into this so far- it's definitely paid off (:
5/29/2012 c31 Zana20
Great story!
5/21/2012 c25 1Thefallism
NO! NO RESTRAINTS! I WILL NOT SHOW ANY RESTRAINT WHILE READING THIS STORY, IT'S THAT GOOD! XD
5/20/2012 c2 3Mari92
This is perhaps the first time I read from a kids perspective, I had almost forgotten how easy everything was then.

Love your story by the way, it's nice!
5/13/2012 c31 3Satsukifujin
Love the story! I've read it over twice so far. :) Keep it up!
5/11/2012 c31 2dopey4dobby
A great story, I've really enjoyed it.

But maybe try to shorten the AU's or send PM's instead. Because I think most people don't really want to hear what you have to say about every single persons comment...

d4d
5/9/2012 c31 Hayden Elrics
Hey Doodle :)

Lovely chappy, quite meaty too! (length)

Really wish Harry would hurry and get to Hogwarts tho :D I see him as a Hufflepuff though.. If only coz of the bumble-bee coloring :)

Cheers!