for Ghost in the Graveyard

8/17/2020 c2 mightymutant17
Continue this
It is so good. I need 2 know more
8/5/2019 c2 Guest
I'm pretty sure Halt is just tormenting his apprentice and came to sneak around lol
8/17/2017 c2 WillTreaty532
Wow that escalated quickly. Well can't wait for the next one!
9/15/2016 c2 30WisperRanger26
Please hurry and write! :D
12/14/2014 c2 59Ghanaperu
Oh my word! This is hilarious, except I think now he has actually hurt himself and that isn't so funny. I be Halt will feel bad, though he probably won't let Gilan know. :)

Thanks for writing this!
12/14/2014 c1 Ghanaperu
Oh boy. This IS going to be a whole lot of fun! Moving on to chapter two. :)
4/27/2014 c1 Maddie
I've read a story just like this, only with a girl, a knife and a party.
1/14/2014 c2 Phoenix
Come on you can't end like that
10/16/2013 c2 jenny
a round of appluse for your story it made me laugh non stop my family think am insane laughing at my laptop its a shame it aint finished tho love to know what happens next
8/20/2013 c2 Callie Newman
I know this story! I read it in sixth grade! XD
8/20/2013 c2 62Sauron Gorthaur
Poor Gilan! Either he’s in a lot of trouble or Halt is going to be in a lot of trouble in the near future if Gilan finds out that his mentor has been pulling his leg. Hmm, I’m not sure which way the story is going to go yet, as I can’t imagine Halt going so far as strangling him… are there really ghosts after all then, I wonder…? Hopefully, you will be able to write the final chapter of the three-shot soon and satisfy my curiosity.

Again, Halt and Gilan were quite in character for this chapter. Halt would find all of this amusing – he’s just got a sadistic sense of humor like that :) I can completely believe that Halt would have no qualms about scaring the living daylights out of one of his apprentices, especially if the apprentice was getting on his nerves. Also, quite in character, Halt really knows how to play Gilan, bringing Gilan’s pride into it and forcing Gilan into a corner where there’s no way he can back out without looking foolish and afraid. Halt’s sarcasm was also spot-on, especially his line about Gilan not knowing any better. And Gilan was very believable as a young boy who wants to keep his pride intact and refuses to look scared or foolish in front of his elders or peers – isn’t that the way all dares work? But I can also totally see him plotting to get back at his tormentor – perhaps this is why Gilan continues to try to prank Halt all the way up until the RA series, eh? He does have spunk though, as his grown self does in the books, and I’ve got to admit that he did better than I thought he was going to, especially with the spooky voice calling his name and the white figure floating around him.

It also looks like this exercise could have some practical Ranger uses, too. As he creeps into the graveyard, in particular I noticed the sentence about him being all attuned to his surroundings, listening to every little noise, and aware of everything around him as he creeps as silently as possible – sounds like a real Ranger. And being out in the bad weather, and also facing your fears, have some very practical Ranger skill applications, so maybe this prank of Halt’s is completely “just for fun” but is a way for Gilan to learn some practical skills, while Halt gets a good laugh out of it… Unless Gilan’s captured by ghost, that is :)

It was great to see that you’d updated this story, and I hope you’ll have time in the next few weeks, or at least next few months, to get the last chapter posted. Don’t keep me in suspense for another year, radha! I know I for one want to see what happens to Gilan and if Halt really is behind the ghosts. Keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur
8/16/2013 c2 1Dreaming Isolde
2 years. Update soon plz! Really good and creepy!
8/15/2013 c2 3Kaekoa
You know what, everybody thinks that this is gonna be a prank from Halt. Now, since everybody thinks that. I would do the complete opposite, and make it a prank from his dad.(Or somebody else...).
8/15/2013 c2 2Book Soldier
Oooooo Halt's prank gone bad. Please keep writing!
8/8/2013 c1 20TundrainAfrica