for Let Go

6/15/2021 c13 Guest
I fear for my son’s life, too
But his recovery has to come from him
11/13/2019 c13 sue1zide
Thank you for an honest glimpse into reality.
11/13/2019 c2 sue1zide
This is breaking my heart.
11/14/2017 c13 26Sunshine1220
This rec popped up in my FB newsfeed today... Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it with us.
7/17/2016 c13 CSG
How terribly sad. Thanks for sharing it.
5/11/2016 c13 Guest
Maybe this story did not provide a HEA but drugs don't, do they ? I can relate to this story, and I know a lot of people who should read this. Thank you for telling it like it is and not sugar coating.!
3/18/2015 c13 rimalem
Hey! Just finished reading this.. must say, u may have started it as an outline of sorts, but it still read as a story.. so yay you! And me.. heehhehe
11/27/2014 c13 30Mumofpicklegirls
Wow
You really captured the hopelessness and nightmare that every parent hopes they'll never have to deal with
Brilliantly done
3/6/2014 c13 magmom4
As much as I hated the ending, I knew it was coming. I just had to keep reading. That is unfortunately the way with too many of our kids.
2/6/2014 c13 uytfdkuyfi.i
I think you ended the story very realistically. Of course it was sad, but I knew it would end that way, even though they did try to get help. It's always that last hit, the "just one more and then we'll get clean" hit that does it.
Carlisle and Esme's distress broke my heart. My heart breaks for all the parents and family members, especially my own, who have to deal with their loved ones' addictions. I thank you for the realness of the interactions between Edward and Carlisle because people who are strung out/on drugs can/do get mean and sometimes physically violent, some do steal, manipulate you and play on your guilt until you give them what they want. Carlisle's choice to use tough love sometimes work, and sometimes it doesn't - but he is not to blame.
This subject isn't pretty and you told this story wonderfully and simply, while never going over the top. You just kept it... real. Real is the word lol.
Thank you for your words.

xoxo Sammi/samitdamn
2/6/2014 c2 uytfdkuyfi.i
That's the hardest thing for a parent to do. You want to help, but you can't do anything until they're willing to change. I've watched my mom kick my brother out a few times over the last 11/12 years. But kicking them out doesn't always work either apparently.
I'm wondering how Edward and Bella got involved in hardcore drugs and why.
It's sad, but real, and I'm enjoying the read so far!

xoxo Sammi/samitdamn
1/16/2014 c13 fanfictionalcolic
This story still moved me hours after reading. This so awfully right and powerfully wrong. Just like life.
11/26/2013 c13 Nrbl1
That's the truth...unfortunately it is what it is for the majority of addicts
9/18/2013 c13 Guest
You need more details of how they died
8/16/2013 c13 meelee72
That hurt.
But, ur right. Some people succeed in recovery & some don't, because, YES, it only takes one slip.
A dear friend of mine was clean for 4 yrs, & both his parents died within 4 months of each other, & he relapsed... He's no longer on Earth because he started using again for a while, & one night he didn't wake up.
There are happy endings, but there are many sad endings also.

U did an amazing job capturing the torture of addiction. The way it affects everyone, not just the people using.
This leaves me sad, but u did an amazing job.
Great story, mama. - U are beyond talented.

[I am in love w/ ur story "An Angry Man" but took a (short) break from it to chk out some of ur other work. Glad I did]
263 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »