for Apples to Oranges

12/8/2011 c1 sb4ever
I noticed that, too, in episode, was it 5 when Kono was back with the team? I thought who the heck did the make up because Grace Park looked absolutely gorgeous! No wonder Danny is saying things like that!

It's a very cute story. You brought up some good points, too, when you compared the two female characters. If there's a fight, I was Kono watching my back!
11/27/2011 c1 54sammie28
"So now you're saying they're produce?"

Oh, Steve. Some days you're suave, and some days your ineptness in person-to-person relationships is just hilarious.
11/26/2011 c1 ilh50
Has anyone noticed that most of what Lori seems to be doing in the show was what Kono has already done throughout the Series! by the way, jst for the record,, Kono is wayyyy hotter than Lori;)
11/20/2011 c1 123anon3gz
definitely both reasons! :)) btw,, great story!;)
11/18/2011 c1 2EnterSomethingWittyHere
Your AN's crack me up. This one especially, almost as entertaining as the story itself!

Apples to mouldy oranges, more like it. ;) Also, feel free to tell your muse to continue coming up with as much Lori bashing stories as it likes. Not that this was 'bashing' per se, just hitting home that she really is a liason, not part of the team. ;)
11/15/2011 c1 30Merl Laurence
@lazyloginer - duly noted. Apologies to anyone else I may have offended.
11/15/2011 c1 4Ghostrider
Cute little ditty here ;-)

Let me begin by stating that I'm not really into blondes, so for a blonde to be 'hot' in my eyes, she has to be exceptional. Like Tracey Needham, for instance. I tend to go for the darker haired or exotic side of the equation.

As such, Lori is totally not my style. Her behavior too, is making me wary. The fact that she's been assigned to 5-0 by the new governor, too, makes me wary.

Kono on the other hand, has indeed gotten 'hotter'. The actress herself has always been someone I've found gorgeous since I saw her the first time in Stargate SG-1. This week's episode upped her hotness factor a thousand-fold. First, dressed in coveralls, working on a classic Camaro. Then a few other instances, where she smiled *dreamy look* and finally, the scene where she took out one of the bad guys with a sniper rifle. Damn, this girl ticks all the boxes!

I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but in the previous episodes, Kono/Grace looked very tired. Either that was deliberate, because of the stress of being undercover or the actress herself being tired. Last night, though, she looked fresh, back to the old Kono, easy smiles. So yes, she does look hotter :-)
11/15/2011 c1 4cytpotter
:) I really liked this little comparision by the guys! I don't like Lori and while I never really thought about who was "hotter" I always thought that Lori always dresses... how should I put this... sleezier. Or should I say in clothes that are not approperate for the work that she has to do with 5-0(undercover work not counting in this) Maybe I'm way off base and really dating myself and the fact that I'm rather old fashioned but something about Lori just isn't... right. Great job on the story! Very much enjoyed! ;)
11/14/2011 c1 JesskaLovesYou
LOL. This definitely made me laugh. I've been thinking the same thing about Kono, but I do think it's mostly the fact that she is standing next to Lori. I miss Kono interacting with Steve and Danny. It never happens anymore.
11/14/2011 c1 1Denese25
Cops can be sexist, especially East Coast cops (just talking from experience, folks) Servicemen can be even worse (again, just speaking from experience).

As for Kono getting prettier, it's one of two things...1) they are trying to project a more mature, sophisticated Kono (as previously said - no longer the rookie), or 2) the make-up and wardrobe department just ain't 'feeling' the new character like everyone else and has decided to 'blow up' Kono in protest ;)

Either way, she is getting hotter!
11/14/2011 c1 lazyloginer
150% honesty, here, speaking as a femenist (and a woman), please don't objectify women with words like "hot". It's rude. But, because your fic is good & funny, I'll relax a bit.
11/14/2011 c1 walk74
LMAO! The only thing that would have made it better would have been for Kono to give them 'The Look' even if she didn't know what they said.

Bravo! Lovely story :)
11/14/2011 c1 Kim
Cute. I can't stand Lori. I wish they would kick her off of the show. The only reason I still watch is because of Alec and Scott.
11/14/2011 c1 11nivea342
hey there! :) nice to see another new fic from you cause i so love your work. you're one of my favorite steve/kono writers i've admired for ages now so thanks for all your work! :)

this was great. :D i love the boys checking them out (although lol, i'm sure kono knew they were spying or something hehe) and you had danny's dialogue perfectly to balance steve.

(Steve couldn't help but shrug. "She was in a bikini, Danny," Steve said, attempting to defend himself.)

LOL :D this had me laughing hehe. exactly steve, exactly ;)

("What? So now you're saying they're produce?")

hehehe. again, had me laughing

i love everything steve listed about kono, you said it perfectly. she's awesome, she's talented, she kicks butt, and she's so fiercely loyal to her boys. like steve said, that's the sort of loyalty they see in her. and um, yes, hot too ;)

as for lori, she's around because the governor says she hast to be. sure, they'll be nice to her and work with her, but that bond is different than the bond of the core 4 that they've been building for a year now.

i do agree though, grace park has just been looking SO gorgeous this season! i don't know if it's her longer hair or if the camera is giving her great close up shots (WHEN they do give her screentime), but i've been stunned by her onscreen too!

great piece, thanks for it :) enjoy the new ep, can't wait for more fic from you!
11/14/2011 c1 34Tiana-P
Haha, I loved that! The whole concept was hilarious but the ending just made me giggle like crazy. Awesome! Hope you write more random oneshots. They're really good.
18 Page 1 2 Next »