for Genma's Daughter

9/12 c14 Samarth Katageri
It's a masterpiece. I like it. This will be my inspiration to my new story.
4/24 c14 4Escritor solamente
incredible story, Ranma and Ryōga argue and fight, but inside throughout the manga they developed a good friendship. Who does not understand it simply will not be able to enjoy this couple.
4/5 c6 chrysalismetamorphosis
"Who you are attracted to doesn't have to follow from who you are. You have to be who you are comfortable being, and let your other feelings sort out over time. Don't try to rush things."
"If… if I'm not comfortable with myself, how can I have a relationship with anyone?"

I feel this so much. Attraction was there, but I was never able to even entertain the idea of relationships until I figured out I was trans. Before that, it just didn't feel right.

"You… you were always a girl, inside, and once that girl escaped into the real world, she couldn't go back to being locked up." Transfem mood right here.
3/25 c14 2Himegoto-chan
A Very good story overall, Ranko coming to terms with who she is and having the support of her family the entire way, its very heartwarming and reminds me that even back in the day people just wanted their loved ones to be happy!

Speaking of loved ones, the only complaint i have with the story is the relationship between Ranko and Ryouga, it quite literally was shoved in the middle of the story just for the sake of a romance, going from "I am going to kill you" to "I love you" as you said, in just a single encounter is just... bad? i will admit i am very biased since i don't much enjoy the ranmaxryouga ship in general but i've seen it pulled off very well before, but this was just sub-par, Ryouga mentioned how he got to know her much better in the span of a few months, but we didn't see that interaction at all! just a few moments where they ran into eachother for a few minutes before parting ways.

Continuing on with my complaints, i don't think Ranko should have been in a relationship at all, this story was (from my point of view) about her learning to love herself, and overcoming the shortcomings from both her upraising and her own beliefs that she learned from said upraising, i quite enjoyed the first half of the story but as things continued on it all became about "get a boyfriend, get married, have a kid" which fits the timeframe the story happens in, and yes IS something a lot of women want, i just found it uncomfortable how often it was brought up, which is really my own fault because you did include a lot of "You don't have to do any of this if you don't want to", actually why am i even talking about this anymore? MOVING ON!

Sorry for my rant, i get heated over the silliest things, overall the story was incredibly written and i enjoyed reading it despite my personal gripes over how the relationship was handled, thanks for the read!
10/11/2020 c1 20Dunedain ranger of the north
I just have to say this: this story is one of my most favorite Ranma-Chan stories.
6/26/2020 c14 Guest
Absolutely love your story I wish it could have been more but I'm thanking you for writing this
5/30/2020 c14 SonkaD
Well, the Ranma-verse is truly something awesome... Just when I thought I've read all combinations that could be, including, in particular, all variations of Ranma being locked a girl, willingly or not, enjoying it or not, and here you go and surprise me again with Ranma being born as a girl! Admittedly, the idea is far-fetched, but then, what isn't in the Ranma-verse? And you wrote it damn well. Your story lacks (at least up to the last chapters) all three pillars of Ranma 1/2: adventure (aka fight), humour and romance. And nonetheless, it never got boring, never felt like I was not reading a Ranma-fic and never made me want to drop it. You got me hooked from the beginning.
I appreciated your writing and in particular:
-all the little hints at the one or other peculiarity of the various characters (for instance Kasumi hinting about her never ever beginning relationship with Tofu - there were several others all along which I don't remember now, but made the reading enjoyable)
- your very knowledgable depiction of Japanese customs: all loan words and honorifics were well used and I think it's the first time I saw an author tell about the differences in speech or body language between men and women, although this is definitely of importance
- thank you for writing a very realistic Miki-chan! I am currently the mother of a 6-month-old and, although I try to ignore it when the story's good, it bugs me when so many authors out there write such unrealistic pregnancy, birth or nursing scenes that make no sense at all. If you know nothing about it, just write something else! My home is just the same as Noriko's, so I could sympathize :p
- I really liked the scene from Keisuke's POV, that was probably the only one that really reminded me on the original Ranma 1/2 on the humour side. You did really well with it, it could have been fun if you had trusted yourself to add more such scenes.

My only complaint would be the ending: the last few paragraphs are good, but they could have been fitted in a bit earlier, and I think it would have been really good to end it with "...as Ranko's family burst into laughter."

Anyway, you have my thanks for writing such a beautiful story.
8/31/2018 c1 5Kian Xki
the reading was hard and overdramatic, you keep ranma acting far too emotional and irrational with "i am a guy" while everyoen else simply keeep repeating "she is your mother you must be a girl" over and over again

it reminded me of a shouting match were no one wanted to sit 1 minute and explain, one that would end when someone finally chose to use violence to win the dicusion

on the other hand it is somewhat hypnotic, i feel the confusion while reading... or it might be my lack of sleep

but the worst mistake wasn't Ranma being too out of Character, an OoC protagonist is expected from FF when using diferent authors and arguments for a story

it was placing an OC as Ranma, his initial behavior was already too diferent, he IS a boy, it does not matter what he was born as, what matter is as what he was raised.

the argument of your story would have been better if his curse was to turn in a boy when drenched with cold water to get him to accept the true and move on.
8/12/2018 c1 3Tamha
Oh my god, this is a fantastic first chapter, and I'm so glad I stumbled across a recommendation for this, it seems like it's going to be an awesome story!
6/28/2018 c14 Amy Daemon
I like this story, but it was hard for me to read it, because I can sympathize with Ranko a lot. Especially the anguish she felt in the first several chapters.

I am a transgender woman. There was an incident where I was told when I was about 5 that I wasn't a girl, couldn't be a girl, and mustn't act like a girl. And because of where and when I grew up, I didn't even know until I was in my 30s that there were other people like me, or that there was in fact something I could do to be a girl.

However, I couldn't do anything at that time, because my father had already had a minor stroke at one point. I was afraid that if I did do anything to become myself, it would literally kill him.

In fact it wasn't until some months after he died in 2001 that I even allowed myself to do research on transgenderism at all. I didn't start transitioning with taking HRT until just 2 months and 2 days before my 49th birthday.
5/20/2018 c2 Anonymously Amus
Read until ch2 and i already feel the chill
This is quite got me hooked
So hooked that i want to keep reading until end

*tear up* and touching mah heart
4/10/2018 c2 King of fans
Great chapter.

Well ranma's gender identity has been officially shattered into 8 billion pieces, and major damage to the psyches of everyone around him has also been done.
No wonder Genma is no were to be foun he is a dead man if they find him.

Lastly I agree ranma needs to remove his sexist thouts about girl. Even if he 100% man thouse thoughs would need him in a world of heart, especially considering his girl side and his mental stability by extension.
4/10/2018 c1 King of fans
Good chapter.

Really cute seen with the video.

I also see ranma's world had been thrown upside down, and his worst nightmare has been realized.
Ranma is a girl, and her room is girly and field with cats.
4/11/2018 c6 4King of Fans
Good chapter.

I like the thing with akanas cooking.

It also appears that ranma is going to stay as a girl and she is happly about that.

German can now add in missing with and stealing feels to his long list of criminal acts.

It appeares that shampo will be staying and ranko is getting a new classmate.

Lastly Ranko my have a further in public speaking after that, but only if she gains her confidence back 100%.
4/11/2018 c5 King of Fans
Good chapter

I have been wondering what ryoga's reaction would be.

As for akana and p-chan I like the idea that ranma is trying to convenes him to show akana. However, if he dose akana will be devastated, and they will probably be serving pig after words if he confesses. Not to mention there is a chance that even if internally lost boy does show akana he is the pig, she might still not Connect the two together. Look at the anime and manga and you understand that she is almost as bad as kuno when it comes to The pig.

I like the fact that ranma will be getting into martial arts again. It would be a shame if ranma decides to get rid of it, considering how good she is and how much time/ detection was put into it. Not to mention it's better for safety considering all the rivals and situations that befall them.
However, I did like the fact that her result for the arts was shaken after the events, and that ranma would spread out her interest a little. It's good character development.
147 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »