for Genma's Daughter

1/12/2013 c14 anthony883
What a great story had me in tears with the recidal. I'v always been a fan of the violin
1/6/2013 c4 2arcsin
Sorry, one more thing.
No martial arts?
1/6/2013 c3 arcsin
Gahh! Made me cry.

Nice story. Didn't like it at first, because I kinda like the 'boy' Ranma, but... Ranko grew on me.
Who is she going to pair up with?
12/16/2012 c14 1Zhor
Great story! A complete, well-done piece overall. There were parts that could be improved, but nicely written.
12/14/2012 c6 Zhor
That went much better then it could have. Good thing the principle wasn't around, I'd say.
12/14/2012 c5 Zhor
Hmm, I sense a potential Ryouga/Ranko pairing! Onward I read...
12/13/2012 c2 Zhor
Oh, this is 'deep'! I'm only a little ways in, but it already seems solidly written and emotional. I'd think Ranma would have been more worried about the amazons when visiting them though, seeing as Cologne 'could' have chosen to enforce the kiss of death. Onward I read...
11/4/2012 c7 The destroyer of fate
i finaly thought id post a review on your story so far .. so far your story has been wonderful. your grama and that stuff seems to be alright from what little i know abotu it ;p. the plot is really good and has alsorts of diffrent bits makeing it fun to read .. id say this would be in my top 10 ranma storys ive read so far .. not sure if you has seem it but the violin part reminded my of notes from jullivard . also a good story. but really good and i am hopeing the rest of it is just as good as it was so far .
7/26/2012 c14 YurigirlzCrush
well, now i'm finished, and i'm a little bit sad. but I see that there are other stories here about Ranko! I hope they're just as good as this was. because this was a beautiful story, and I loved every minute of it. I would highly recommend this to anyone who like a good drama story. brava!
7/26/2012 c10 YurigirlzCrush
suppressing a fangirl squee here! Ryouga and Ranko together? and I love the idea of Ranko playing the violin more and more as the chapters progress! I look forward to the rest of the story. i'm only sad that it's almost the end. i'll have to check out your other stories after this. I want more of this AU Ranko!
7/25/2012 c8 YurigirlzCrush
I love your chosen ending point here. I was planning to stop after this chapter, and I can't very well do that now, can I? )

still loving your story. can't wait to see where it goes from here!
7/24/2012 c5 YurigirlzCrush
you've put together an emotional roller-coaster! I love the way the story is developing. there is a real feel of someone who is finding herself for the first time that really hits home for me, and I would imagine it does for others as well. have spotted the random spelling or grammar error here or there, but for the most part this story reads very well and seems quite professional.

love the fact that Ryouga appeared in this chapter too. always one of my favorite characters, and his internal train of thought seems very much inline with his character in the series. I think you do quite well in taking the characters and giving them a twist of seriousness and realism that makes them feel at once familiar and entirely new.

looking forward to reading the rest when I have more time!
7/24/2012 c1 YurigirlzCrush
this story was recommended by a friend as something i'd like and I have to say she was right. I love the direction you've gone with this and look forward to reading more. something tells me this is a story I won't be able to put down until i've finished .
7/18/2012 c14 Guest
Awww, that was a nice heartwarming ending to this. The story itself was very good, had some great moments, and there was practically nothing wrong grammar-wise (brava instead of bravo being the only one I can think of off the top of my head). The story was a fun read, I went through the whole thing in less than a day, started reading it at work at 4:00 and just finished it now at 4:40 in the morning.

Despite how much I liked this though, there was just one flaw that I kept thinking back to the entire time, and that was how unrealistic Ranma's transformation into Ranko was. This is a person who has been male his entire life (except for a few years), and he accepts being female and wanting to stay that way within a WEEK of finding out? I know he angst a lot about it, but even then that just feels like it was way too fast, I was kind of surprised by it.

In addition, it felt like some characters changed their personalities too quickly for what was happening, Ranma especially changed drastically within the week mentioned above. Akane went from how she was in Canon, to being a very understanding and compassionate sister to Ranko.

Basically, everything just happened too quickly, and developed at a very accelerated rate.

Also, you kind of forgot about Ukyou at the end there, poor girl.

Like I said however, putting all that aside, the story was very good, and it held my attention the entire time. I especially liked how the relations between Ranko and Ryouga worked out, with Ranko slowly coming to learn her feelings for him throughout the chapters, and reaching its climax in probably one of the more heartwarming manners possible. It was just well written, I really enjoyed it.

Overall, great story, definitely adding this to my favorites.

Not sure if you care for my two cents however, considering this was written 12 years ago if the dates at the end of the chapters meant anything.
6/25/2012 c14 4Connor Elric
This was amazing and I loved the story, It captured me from paragraph one and I haven't been able to stop! Could you do a sequel? It was absolutely amazing and I am sad it's over.
148 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »