for Genma's Daughter

5/3/2012 c8 5TippyToe Zombie
I'm thinking it would be interesting if you did an AU of this fic where Soun did bring Akane but Genma wasn't able to bring Ranko.

I am the TippyToe Zombie

I like to Limbo

Often I fall on people's heads
4/27/2012 c14 5Shinkicker
Awesome story. I'm sure I could be picky about Ranko's development but I really don't want to be, and I can't remember what quirks I disagreed with. Anyways highly enjoyed the story.

/fav
4/25/2012 c1 Sharfan
Well, I stumble upon this story recently in my attempt to find a good story where Ranma chooses to remain female, and I have to say that this is definitely the best one I've ever read. I loved your writing, which was on a professional level, and the way you developed everyone was amazing.

I had another, larger reason why I really enjoyed it, though. I have just recently (well, within the last year) realized that I'm transgendered, and this story spoke to me in ways that I never expected when I clicked on it. Everything you described, everything about how Ranko felt, matches how I've felt all my life. I don't know if it was meant this way, but it definitely brought up some deep feelings within me while I was reading it.

Sadly, however, it's only fantasy. No matter how much I wish it were as easy as falling into a particular spring, real life is much more cruel. I understand that Ranko wasn't really a boy to start with, but, if you ask any transgendered person, they might say the same. For their younger years, they thought of themselves as the opposite gender and didn't really realize what their sex really was until they start getting older. This is very similar to the way you constructed your story, so I'm honestly led to believe that this was all on purpose, which would call for applause for being able to convey so many things without actually coming out and saying it.

Well, at least I can continue daydreaming that maybe one day I might find the spring of drowned girl, and life may be made just a little easier for me. I won't hold my breath on it, though. I mean, there's still some small part of me that's also still waiting for that Hogwarts letter to arrive. . .

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that you've definitely touched my heart with this story, and I feel like you might have even developed it far beyond the original Ranma story, enough to be considered completely separate in my mind. I'm only on chapter 9 due to college life, and the fact that I've never really been able to finish this kind of story. This may be because I really can only identify with the beginning and in-between part of things, as I'm definitely far away from the ending of my own journey.

Thank you for writing this amazing piece of fanfiction, and I wish you luck in all of your future ventures!
4/10/2012 c14 1harlequin320
great story, I liked it a lot, the ending very good, you wrapped it up nicely
3/22/2012 c1 32Chronos the Cat
This story has been one of my favorite fanfictions (heck, one of my favorite stories period) for years, and it's nice to finally be able to put it on my list of favorites at Fanfiction.net.

There are plenty of stories out there about Ranma living as a girl, but it's rare to see the subject handled with such respect and in such a realistic manner. In addition, the story is exceptionally well written.

Another thing I love about this story is how unlike most stories it doesn't have things getting worse and worse as things go on. Instead, most of the worst things happen early on in the story, and the rest of the story is about the recovery - and yet the conclusion is still satisfying.

All in all, a great story.
1/2/2012 c14 32Poetheather1
I love the ending. It has a very upbeat feel to it. Yay!
1/2/2012 c13 Poetheather1
Ryoga's parents really are terrifying. Way to scare the girlfriend off. Parents no baka! Ryoga is stuck with other people screwing up his relationship keeping things working at standard Nerima funtime levels. Poor Ranko, she is in such trouble.
1/1/2012 c12 Poetheather1
The stuff with Ryoga is really funny. And the bridal magazine bit is priceless. Excellent chapter.
1/1/2012 c11 Poetheather1
This is one of my favorite chapters as it has Nabiki beating down the last vestiges of the Panda's thinking. An incredible bit there. Absolutely motivational.

An Ryoga is still pigheaded despite trading up the food chain.
1/1/2012 c10 Poetheather1
The date was fun and plenty awkward. Sad Ranko in snow is pretty distressing however.
1/1/2012 c9 Poetheather1
Ah... the challenge to push herself harder in violin. Good stuff.
12/31/2011 c8 Poetheather1
The first period is hysterical, in all it's screwed up Ranma glory. Very fun chapter.
12/31/2011 c7 Poetheather1
There are a lot of lovely moments in this chapter. I love the way she deals with Kuno. I also really love the way you describe her first moments with the violin.
12/31/2011 c6 Poetheather1
The spells failure and her first day in school are both favorite moments of mine. Really great job.
12/31/2011 c5 Poetheather1
This was a fun chapter as all the beach stuff was awesome. Ryoga's reactions were priceless. Excellent!
148 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »