for Not A Chance

7/5/2015 c1 Skimball4
Enjoyed your addition to this awesome episode. I like how you included Kono. Great job!
3/7/2012 c1 17lovepride
Let me know about other stories you're writing because is very good what do you write.

if you ever decide to continue this story warns me.
12/11/2011 c1 Froggie2
Thank you for writing this...it was soooo much better than what we got on the show. Why can't the writers/producers know what we all know...seriously, they can't be that stupid...then again, who knows, they could. Anyways...I absolutely like your version more and will pretend that this is how it really happened! :-)
12/8/2011 c1 54sammie28
A great episode tag - just great! A nice tag about remembering Kono (since it's clear the writers didn't), and Steve focused on her rather than Lori .:snicker:.
12/8/2011 c1 sb4ever
I'm glad you did write this because it bothered me a LOT that Lori jumped out of the helicopter to give Steve a hug when they were in a hurry to get away-what's with that-endangering everyone for a girly hug? Steve and Kono would have just shared a look and he would know everything would be all right.

And it really, really bothered me that Kono wasn't part of the rescue group because Steve would have looked for her. Your little blurb that she was pivotal in pinpointing Steve's location makes sense but it would have been so much better in terms of the whole ohana concept if Lori had stayed back and Kono had gone. Your story emphasizes the closeness between Steve and Kono. He knew she wasn't there.

I liked the bit about him wanting her safe rather than coming after him in Korea. Again, it emphasizes the closeness of the relationship without the need for gratuitous hugging.

Thanks for writing this.
12/5/2011 c1 36francis2
This is great. Of course Steve would notice Kono missing on the helicopter, but her role was crucial to the whole rescue.
12/5/2011 c1 4Ghostrider
A great coda/offscreen snippet for the episode, something they should've done. Something another popular show *cough*Castle*cough* seems to do regularly. And both shows go head to head on Mondays. I don't care about the 'things happen offscreen' that the showrunners claim. The only way they will change their mind is when the ratings show up. In the meantime, we'll be off in our own little alternate universe with great writers like you.
12/5/2011 c1 29annaliesegrace
Great job and very similar to what I had going in my head. Thank you for writing it better than I could. I cannot figure out why they keep pushing Steve/Lori when there clearly isn't chemistry.
12/5/2011 c1 wotumba1
very nice

count on steve to notice the important details ;)
12/4/2011 c1 6badhairdays
Waking up to this was so great! I loved it and Peter is always saying there are things happening in Off-screenville so THIS IS CANON AND YOU CAN'T CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.
12/4/2011 c1 bushy4
that was great! see the writers need to read all these posts on how this episode should have been. i really hope they do not ruin the next episode.

please write more. I love your stories!
12/4/2011 c1 1Nilah
Nice little scene that I would have liked to see.
12/4/2011 c1 10elliotbennet
Thanks for the reimagining of that last episode. I'm glad in your world anyway Steve noticed and cared! Well written.
12/4/2011 c1 11nivea342
("You weren't in the chopper," Steve blurted suddenly, surprising himself. He blearily eyed Kono.)

*sobs* aw, steve, you remembered. :( even if the show forgot about her, at least you remembered. *sigh* :(

("Oh. But, then you found me," he said, sounding impressed. He reached up and touched her cheek before the strain of having his arms suspended over his head for hours got to him again. He dropped his arm and Kono reached out to hold onto his hand with both of hers. He squeezed back, finding that he needed her touch.)

lovely touch. i love the idea that he thanks her because she DID have a very important part, even if sadly, it felt like she had been left behind. :( i love that he thanks her though, and that his gestures are almost unconscious because he's sort of in a half conscious state so it's more real, does that make sense?

i feel your confusion about how in the world to even write anything about 2x10 considering how they pushed kono aside but i think this was a very natural tag scene cause at least we got to see them go back for her and steve thank her and i like how danny even picked up on her feelings so that made me feel a lot better. thank you SO much for this. it was sort of a painful episode, not just as a steve/kono fan, but really just a fan of the core 4 to see her not there. this at least made it a little better. thank you for easing the pain. :) have a wonderful start to your week!