for A Duty Of Care

9/30 c12 Guest
That was a fun read. A bit too much bashing of the Doc but otherwise excellent use of the other characters popping in to interact with the principal characters.
7/16 c12 TheaMama
I wish the story was longer. I like your writing style very much, I'm sorry the Doc had to take such a bashing but it grabbed you for sure. I wonder if you could be asked to add to the story and share? I hope so.
5/15/2020 c9 3Nerd-Herd-27
This chapter, chapter 9, is just fantastic. I can easily see this happening in an actual episode; the comedic timing of each villager reacting to Martin’s eye is perfect.
3/28/2020 c12 reisova
Nice
3/19/2020 c2 Guest
Wow interesting about doc
3/19/2020 c1 Guest
Good start laughed
5/26/2016 c12 Catservant
Aaaw, found out that besides "The Third Time" (read that earlier today) you've only written one more Doc Martin story, this one here. What a shame, as I enjoyed this one very much as well. Again, a great mix of H/C, humour (can you see through that eye? can you see? bloody eye! can you see?...), drama, etc. Love the doc's dedication, even though he "is just doing his job"... yeah, risking his life, ignoring his on health by going out again in the night after being beaten up and getting ready for surgery the day after. It's nice to see people appreciating it, which makes the poor Doc suffer even more LOL. Good, fitting story title btw. Wished there were more Doc Martin stories by you. Thanks for sharing those two :)
12/13/2014 c12 bee.zippy
Great story! Love the scene with the red eye and everyone coming and going from Martin's house. I could just imagine each of the characters reacting exactly the way you wrote them. Thank you for sharing your time and talent!
8/1/2014 c12 Guest
Really enjoyed this story, wish you had ended it with them getting together though.
Thanks
6/28/2013 c1 Guest
I don't think that an ST elevation could change in asystole and, even if it switched in ventricular fibrillation, the outcomes are very low (the people that survive after hospitalization are 2% of the total).
In hospitals after asystole very few patients obtain return of spontaneous circulation (after a 15-20 minutes resuscitation effort) and then they enter a coma that last at least a few hours.
I don't think the scene is medically possible, but I enjoyed equally your writing, very in character, I think.
1/27/2013 c12 2clevergirl
Excellent story here; spot on with the characters and I loved all the snappy humor juxtaposed with the drama; all totally in keeping with the tone of the show. Also enjoyed the scenes with Chris Parsons - really nice to see DM's long-suffering old friend get some more 'camera time'!
10/11/2012 c4 Limaccia
Two lines caught my eye:

1. "Proper use of a cane entails holding it on the contralateral side of the injury."

OK, is this a dig at Hugh Laurie in House? (Because I love BOTH Hugh Laurie & Martin Clunes; they are both incredibly multi-talented and, by all accounts, really nice guys)

could she love Martin so intensely, and so often be hurt by him?

That kinda seems like a no-brainer. In my experience, loving someone so intensely pretty much guarantees you are going to be often hurt by them!
10/11/2012 c3 Limaccia
In my first 2 reviews, I didn't mention how I loved the bit about the nurse who had the affair with Martin which understandably fascinated Louisa. If I'd been Louisa, I'd have said, No, I haven't had dinner, I'm not very hungry, but I'd love a little bit of your lovely chicken!
2/9/2012 c2 Limaccia
Oh crud!, just went to check out your other stories only to find out that you'd only done one Doc Martin story. Bummer. Your medical background certainly helps with writing him and you obviously have a good grasp of the characters. I hope you write another.
2/9/2012 c1 Limaccia
I'm a recent Doc Martin convert/addict. So happy to have run across your story by searching for "Doc Martin" "tailored suits" - because I'd gradually come to realize & pay more attention to those beautiful suits he wears! Do you think they are really Saville Row suits? Not that I know any specifics about them, but I just got curiouser and curiouser about them.
55 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »