for Redemption

12/15/2013 c1 36Demod20
This really captured the epitome of Bleach. Though it may not be a perfect story, an intelligent one, or the most Epic, it tugs at those heartstrings so well because of the given atmosphere.

This One-Shot is no different.

Starting off from when Rukia humbled Ichigo with Kidou, we are mostly taking the backseat from Rukia's perspective. She really helps define what the situation entails, what her thoughts are, and what she feels about what's going on.

The fact that her mind kept flashing back to the night she slayed Kaien, and the night that he also fell under the Hollow's influence, goes to show how much she sympathized with the boy due to the similarity of both circumstances and the boy's resemblance to the man she loved and admired.

She yearned for redemption, and hoped by giving her power to the boy, enabling him to fight his own battle on terms of his choosing, that she would do something she couldn't have done for Kaien.

The little add-ons involving Isshin and Ichigo talking to his sister helped further immerse us into the situation he was in, and there really was no one else but himself to stop the Hollow. I appreciated that, and I'm glad it was mentioned here

All-in-all, its a great One-Shot. Poetic and Embodied to what aspects I believe make Bleach a good story. Not the best, not the worst, but a good story none-the-less :)
11/24/2012 c1 13creativesm75
Nice
1/4/2012 c1 1Ichigo's FAV Twin
Heeeellloooo! Hahaha wat can I say...This was great. You did a really good job with this. You protrayed Rukia's thoughts very well. But...I read your Beta's oneshot and...I picked hers hehehe. Dont get me wrong I love your but idk I liked hers better. You are a great writer keep this up bud! Laters. (^_^)
12/26/2011 c1 40JustGrace13
I enjoyed this :) I think you could've gone a little more in depth with both of their thoughts and I noticed a couple types but I liked the idea and the emotions a lot. You mentioned that you thought lots of people have written stories like this but this is actually the first on I've read centered around their first meeting. Overall, lovely job!
12/7/2011 c1 2metsfan101