for A Broken Promise

10/20/2014 c1 NotJustAShadow
Wow, this was really great. So sweet but also so them. You literally included everything that defines them, the banter, the care, the love, the fact that they're always ending up in dangerous situations and just the general idea. Brilliant, just like all the others and it makes me so mad that they never made these things happen on the show.
9/17/2013 c1 5Advazzz
They are so cute in your story! I can actually see the scene below... She loves him so much... Yes yes until now...

:D
7/16/2013 c1 6Daisy1966
What I love most in this is the way you described Stella's vulnerable side behind her usual tough exterior. It's so nice to see her care about Mac so much. That's very sweet. You captured her fear that she could have lost Mac delicately and beautifully.

My favorite line is this:
For a moment she remembers those they have lost as well as time they have spent apart and thankful then, more than she can say, to have Mac at her side, she leans forward and kisses him.

"I love you," she murmurs to the accompaniment of the faint sound of bells ringing somewhere in the city, the sound a clarion call above the traffic noise. Lost in each other, when she draws back, he stares at her and she smiles, tracing the line of his jaw.

"I know it's not exactly what we had planned for our first Christmas together," she says and he grips her hand tighter, about to speak until she hushes him. "It doesn't matter. We're here, both of us together." Her smile softens as her fingertips smooth away the lines on his face. "We've got each other. What more do we need?"

When he captures her lips in another kiss, they both know they have everything they could ever want."

I loved this one shot very much! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful story! :)
3/20/2012 c1 j7jack
I love how vulnerable the two are in this oneshot. We love Stella and Mac for being such strong characters but it's so sweet to see how their care for each other can uncover their tough exteriors. Just saying: I really love how you executed this line - "It took so little to leave him in a hospital bed; just a patch of ice, a careless driver, a skidding wheel." Awesome oneshot! ^^
1/25/2012 c1 171Crowded Angels
New phone! One that actually lets me log in and review!

This was lovely. i had read when first posted however was still previous phone. i love how relieved Stella is and yet how heartbroken she is about losing out on their perfect christmas. the 'what could have been' scenes were lovely. It's so Mac to have thrown himself into the path of trouble for the pedestrian.

lovely!
1/8/2012 c1 24Curleyswife3
Sweet and delicate this fanfiction! it's true: sometimes we waste our lives chasing things unimportant and we neglect those that could really make us happy. And when we find them, a fatality can snatch them out of our arms in an instant. Congratulations and sorry for mistakes.
1/7/2012 c1 14Ballettmaus
Thanks for the mentioning.

I still wish you had posted that as part of the Candlelight for reasons already mentioned :-)

The beginning is still my favorite part; Mac's answer to her question, I just love that :-D

It's a nice little scene altogether, an easy, cute read :-)
1/7/2012 c1 106DNAisUnique
I'm glad that, even though they won't exactly have the Christmas they planned, they'll be together. But it wouldn't be a lily moonlight Christmas without a little peril. :D

I love how they both know what to say and how "them" they are.

Whoa. I review as I read, and what I said at the beginning was what you had written at the end!

Love this.
1/5/2012 c1 28Blue Shadowdancer
Blue totally doesn't deserve stories written for her, she's such a terrible reviewer. *hangs head in shame*

I loved what you did with the prompt! Poor Mac, all hurt at Christmas. But Stella is there to take care of him :) This is really lovely, and I adored how you showed how deeply they care for each other.

And I especially loved how you wrote Stella dealing with her fear of what could have happened. It's just so exactly her.

Also, the line "she sees the first lightening of dawn in shades of ice and silver" is an absolutely gorgeous image. Perfect.
12/30/2011 c1 6Lost in New York
As much as I enjoy reading angst, I really love happy endings!:) What a lovely story indeed! Very Christmas (I don't know any better adjective). This story got me thinking life, how fragile it is and how everything can be gone in seconds.. Very touching story but it got me smiling because I love Mac and Stella together!:) Thank you for posting this:)
12/26/2011 c1 From Behind the Red Door
This was a really sweet short story. I enjoyed it a lot. Stella's worry was wonderfully displayed and very believable. Stories like these make me miss Stella on the show even more. Great job.

Red
12/26/2011 c1 36webdlfan
Sweet story ... love te mix of humor in ... ""What happened to the promise that you'd be home before I even missed you?"

"It got broken, along with a couple of ribs..." he says,

Sorry it took so long to get to this! And I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well :)
12/26/2011 c1 MSFanGirl
Awesome!
12/26/2011 c1 29afrozenheart412
Oh this was so them! Mac rushing out toward catching one call to promise Stella that he'd be right back to hurrying home to keep it when a car accident stops him. He is lucky for having a few busted ribs, it could have been much worse. Thankfully your muse is in a nice mood, LOL! Seriously, this was somber but full of an intense love that binds them together. The holidays only bring out how happy it is that they have each other, they don't need anything else but love.

Favorite moment

"Shock and fright catch her out at last, her self-control fracturing, the smallest sob breaking from her as Mac brings her closer to him, strokes the back of her head, hushing her fears. The possibility of losing each other is a lurking dread that never quite goes away, and some days bring it closer than others. But breathing deeply, holding onto him, face buried in his neck, she calms. After exhaling, a long and quivering breath, she gives a self-conscious laugh and wipes a finger beneath her eyes as she sits up.

"It didn't happen though," he says, quietly. "There's no need to even think about it. I'll be fine." His hand runs up and down her arm and he sighs, "I'm just sorry this isn't the Christmas we'd planned."

As he says that, she thinks of what they had planned: how they won't now work side by side in their small kitchen, bumping into one another, laughing; how his arm will not now creep round her waist and kisses won't be given, taken...

With a sigh, she catches sight of her watch and realises that it is Christmas Day already. And glancing up and through the windows, she sees the first lightening of dawn in shades of ice and silver.

Marvelous job, my friend! I hope that you got everything you want and need this Christmas! :) *huge hugs*
12/25/2011 c1 115ChibiDawn23
Love. Lovelove. I just got Season 6 for Christmas :) So I'm enjoying SMacked on TV as I read it here!
22 Page 1 2 Next »