for The Dragon King's Temple

1/16 c8 Kricket2
OMG, I remember that “physics of hell” joke. I like how firmly you set this in the late 90’s; the tech, the culture, and all.
1/15 c6 Kricket2
I really do like seeing Sokka’s strategic mind at work!
1/14 c1 Kricket2
It’s so great to see Janet’s viewpoint - I always like seeing her in fic. And the way she and Sam are watching the benders (seeing combat stress, etc)... *chef’s kiss*
11/19/2020 c12 4Monster King
Awesome
11/15/2020 c12 6Cybergades
I honestly don't have words. Wow. this has been a trip from start to finish and it's kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The way you portrayed the characters... bang on. I honestly can't think of a single thing to point at that i'd have a problem with, and that's rare for a fan fiction. The story was riviting, and at the same time lighthearted in places, while being heartstopping in others.

Honestly, the only thing i can think of to complain about is that it doesn't continue, and even there, i agree, however much i wish i didn't, with your reasoning for that as well.

So great job. you really nailed it.
11/12/2020 c7 3cengland
Your definition of mineral is wrong. From Wikipedia:

"In geology and mineralogy, a mineral or mineral species is, broadly speaking, a solid chemical compound with a fairly well-defined chemical composition and a specific crystal structure, that occurs naturally in pure form."

And it has this:

"Moreover, living beings often synthesize inorganic minerals (such as hydroxylapatite) that also occur in rocks."
11/3/2020 c12 Alphros
OK, this was enjoyable, even if I am going to bitch about not being able to read about Jack's reaction to discovering Zuko's title.
10/31/2020 c12 Lakitra
Hi

I just reread this story -again-. It must be at least the fifth time, and I remember first reading it when you were still updating it. Not many stories keep drawing me back so many years later, or hold up to so many rereads - I really like your writing style. Furthermore, I’m impressed by this every time I read it. You did a great job mixing two very different universes that were never intended to mix, with many great and insightful little details and fun reveals. I still want to see the SG-1 explore the avatar world, and finding out that Zuko is the fire lord. But beyond that, I want to see Djehuty finally get some quality time with some nicely activated Ancient ruins and a little translation support from Zuko. Closure doesn’t realistically seem to be anywhere in sight for him, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting it. I really enjoyed his inclusion into the story, and you made me care for him and Heather. Thanks for writing this, and I hope you’re doing well and writing awesome original fiction. Hopefully you’ll drop a note if you get anything published, but either way I hope you’re happy.
10/8/2020 c12 Guest
AnonAMouse here. That bit about Oma and Shu and their AtLA canon could actually dovetail neatly with your headcanon about the Ancients. If one was always was one of the Renegades and the other originally part of the bigger "collective" I suppose it would be big if he/she decided to switch sides.
7/7/2020 c12 Guest
That was amazing! Your characterization of everyone was spot-on, your plot was great, your world building was original and believable (and I really like your headcanons and explanations)! Kudos!
7/6/2020 c12 19Kamen Rider Raika
Okay, that was a great read. For as strange (and maybe conflicted) as a crossover between SG-1 and Avatar can be, it is done very nicely here. Admittedly, this fanfic can be criticized for being more of a thesis than a story, but it's a nicely-done thesis, going into the history/culture of the Goa'uld and Ancients as well as how the latter ties in with the Avatar world (and I'm surprised how this story's idea of the Avatar spirit matches with an idea I had back when I was a young teen). The banter was pretty nice, especially with how the SG-1 characters tried to relate to Toph and Zuko and how everyone from both franchises immediately got along before the final battle began (which was when I really felt the story was going great because it has the sides working together very well against a common threat that felt very in line with the tones of the respected series). A lot of the interest, I think, comes from more of the speculation and subtext of how the Avatar world is connected to the Stargates and whatnot, but it also provides tons of action that make it feel like an SG-1 episodes which is what the story was going for.

At the same time, I couldn't help but feel some things was a bit off (and you can see these as nitpicks). First, the language barrier: I understand that the SGC couldn't understand Toph and Zuko, but the weeabo in me noticed the slightly Japanese phrases and wondered why was it difficult if the language was so close to actual Japanese and/or East asian languages when they could have just gotten someone of East Asian heritage and/or who spoke something close to it-culture barriers not withstanding-than having Daniel just translate (although, I do understand we need Daniel involved in the story, and you can think they're speaking dialects so different from any established Earth language that it is its own, if you suspend you disbelief enough). Second, I've always liked the Anubis episodes of SG-1 because of the discoveries of the ancients and ascension the team had while fighting him, so reading this story (which takes place a bit before then) almost makes me feel like those surprises are being spoiled before they learn about in their series proper. Finally, going back into the thesis statement I made, it does feel like that at times with the heavy amount of expository dialogue (I know that's nothing new to SG-1, but it felt MORE than usual, if you get what I mean) to the point I tried not to skim over the long extensive paragraphs going into depth on it. There might be more, but that's all I have for now.

Overall, the story was pretty good. I don't know know if you'll ever write that sequel you mentioned, but I do hope for the best. Until then, take care.

Raika out.
6/21/2020 c12 1crayontesla
I'm glad I decided top read this, though I would love top see sg1's faces
6/20/2020 c1 Someone
I'm about to embark on a third read-through in approximately a month. One of my favourites. The ideal crossover. I know nothing of Stargate beyond what I've picked up from other various crossovers, but this makes me interested to learn more. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
6/18/2020 c12 1Zampersand
Loved it!
6/13/2020 c1 CalenderGirl90
Really enjoyed this story. Have read 6 times now. Love the chapter sizes and the content! Go Toph! So cool. Can't wait for more. Thanks for sharing a great story
1,404 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »