for Dearly Dismayed Debra

8/7/2013 c2 15BrokenDoll13
I like this. It's interesting. It seemed to beg the question: Would Dexter kidnap Debra at the church? I have my own story where Dexter kidnaps Debra. This story deals with a lot of the same issues as mine. Like Dexter facing Harry's disapproval verses getting caught. How much privacy does Dexter give her? Her using that privacy as a means of escape. Dexter dealing with his co-workers in the presence of her absence.

I'm writing this review while watching Dexter midway through season eight. Of course while reading this I get flashes of the big reveal to Debra. And Debra finding out more and more about Dexter's history and his past kills.
You also think about Dexter kidnapping Doakes, kidnapping Lumen. A lot issues come into play when Dexter has innocents he needs to "take care of" to keep his life style going.
8/7/2013 c3 BrokenDoll13
I like the joke, "You can watch... whatever's after Homeland." Cute.
2/15/2013 c3 1The L. MMonster
You really could write a sequel. I would read it, it's deliciously sick, great!

Well written too, :)
9/19/2012 c3 Nicole
Awesome story :D
3/10/2012 c2 Dany Morgan
mooree pleasee, its perfect
2/6/2012 c1 DogInASlipper
Nice, liking the story so far, although I could have sworn it's psychopaths who are actually more careful than sociopaths, but yeah, very well written so far.
2/4/2012 c2 Destinee
please keep writing! I'm in love with this and I need to know what happens next!(:
1/30/2012 c2 thankyou
interesting. where is it going? please write more
1/7/2012 c1 Akward Alex
Dexter giving deb the sleeper hold made me laugh. It's just very rash dexterish
1/4/2012 c2 7Kifu
And here I am, having read another chapter. It's quite an odd appearance to see me comment on more than one chapter of a story. There will be more, I presume?

Chatter aside, you remain consistent with the first part of the story. You tend to load detail in the beginning to add conversation at the end. It works, I suppose, and I won't complain. You have an entertaining story here.

The way you take some hints from the books (which I really should reread) and apply them to the show's characters is well done. I suppose it's just the short references, later explained at the author's note that does this. Your title certainly gives a heads up to the reader about this, though.

Dexter appears a little too open and chatty about the predicament, though I suppose it's common for him to be at his most social when he's about to kill someone - that is, after they've learned his identity as a serial killer. I don't know if this is out of character or not, because he isn't often thrown into this situation (or is, if you believe his secret identity is blown wide open too often throughout the seasons), and especially not with Debra. The mix between known identity and familiar presence could very possibly do this to him.

Overall, I still applaud your work, and I'll be watching for more? This isn't a very good ending, if that's that, after all.
1/4/2012 c1 Kifu
I believe you're a little too hard on yourself. The characters' personalities don't deviate far from their canon counterparts hardly at all. You keep Debora's voice intact - although I'm on the fence over how she will actually react within the next season - and Dexter's cold and calculating detachment from his whole life. Harry's reasoning appears a little too attached and emotional than what is normal (he is a part of Dexter's imagination, after all), but it wouldn't be too noticeable to many, I'm sure.

Your initial description was very acute and informative. However, as the chapter went on, I felt that it fell apart a little. I don't have anything to back up this wild accusation, but it is a feeling after all. Emotions are meant to be fuzzy and uncertain.

Overall, very well done; you'll have me as a reader for at least another chapter.
1/3/2012 c1 yuiop
Nice
1/3/2012 c2 yuiop
Nice, hope to read more soon!
1/3/2012 c2 37Laylinka
*orgasm* sorry if that's too much information. *shivers*

I like the way he just lays on the bed and talks to her. Their conversation is excellent. His plan for her disappearance is genius. When he asked why he should trust her and her telling him she loved him was sweet, at the same time though I'm glad that that wasn't the end of it. Dexter is a mastermind and you've tapped into that. I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat to know what happens next.
1/3/2012 c1 Laylinka
Holy f*ck. :D I love him reacting in that manner. I wrote something similar to this but you wrote it much BETTER. Definitely fun, but not so much for Debra. *Evil laugh*
23 Page 1 2 Next »