for Thing Vs Exotroopers

5/4/2016 c13 95Razell
Excellent story!

So humanity was just too much for them, in a sense? Too conflicted, too violent and selfish. I liked Irene's remarks about it being 'better' for all beings to be united peacefully under one mind. I had a similar idea in my own story 'Cold', with a Thing expressing how they could end poverty, injustice, racism, war. All would be united. But Paradise without free will can be a Hell to humanity, as we value individuality and the ability to choose. Of course, if it was true about 'the missionaries' being attacked by their own kind, then they aren't so united either. I have to agree with Flea, it's sad. The only one who was really violent and unstable was the only human left. Would it have been so bad, to let them live?

I especially liked how you used the original Thing, from 'Who Goes There?' by John W. Campbell. With it's three blazing eyes and tentacles and rubbery blue skin. I doubt most people have ever even read the story, but you incorporate it well. You even noted that they had cattle! I've never read another fanfic that remembered the cattle.

As for Exotroopers, I am utterly unfamiliar with them. This is the first I've even heard heard of them, so I can't comment on that besides the fact that they seem interesting. Zed's visions of prehistoric Antarctica were fascinating, a lot of people probably don't know that it was once a vibrant continent, filled with life. Setting the crash during that period, instead of a mere 100,000 years ago, gave it a whole new perspective and a wide variety of forms to choose from.

As I said, excellent story.
10/5/2013 c13 5Perfect Carnage
Okay I finally took the time to read this good and proper and I understand what you meant. I also liked Irene, and if she agreed not to assimilate anyone else would have been a nice character in the sequel (There's always a sequel).

-Perfect Carnage
9/2/2013 c4 Perfect Carnage
I can swallow the other details well enough (Big fan of bacteria remaining untouched by the way). And It not bothering with the smaller creatures but you'll have to walk me through this:

"was either to consume them and take their shape, or to make them symbionts with itself"

-Perfect Carnage
4/20/2012 c5 4Rocketfist
Why is it so hard to say "Let's purge these mother f*****'s" or "Burn em!"
2/13/2012 c1 1axel100
Interesting premise, setting Carpenters thing back in the original story of Who goes There Perhaps?

Desktop/Tablet Mode . Blog . Twitter . Help . Sign Up  Top