for Conversations with Ozai

3/29/2012 c15 1jmac1220
A grat finish to a great story! Thanks for sharing.
3/29/2012 c15 6Jason9000
You did an excellent job on this. I always looked forward to this updating. Thanks for posting this.
3/29/2012 c14 Meggan B
I still say it would've been more ironic if Ozai got killed by a supporter who didn't recognize him, but I'm not really complaining, because it's also really fitting that he got stabbed in the back by someone he'd just betrayed. -waves- Hi, Karma! Took you long enough to get here...

(Karma, indignantly) Excuse me? I came by earlier, to oversee Ozai's punishment for showing disrespect to the prison guards! Is it my fault that lesson wasn't enough for him?

So Ming's preggers with Ozai's last legacy. I'm betting Toph has figured it out, which is why she offered Ming a job far, far away from the capital; so there's much less chance of people noticing any resemblance to the royal family as the kid grows up.

An epilogue coming up, eh? Set 70 years in the future maybe, to show us that Amon looks a lot like Ozai under his mask? -considers- Nahhh, too easy. And besides, by 69 years of age, most people have already either acquired plenty of power and prestige from their life's work and/or networking, or resigned themselves to lives of mediocrity and stopped plotting for more; that's kind-of late in the day to put on a mask and overthrow a government.

Hey, Toph never really had a conversation with Ozai, did she? Maybe in the epilogue she'll be gleefully telling Ozai's departed spirit about what a nice but wimpy kid he spawned! He's a gardener, and his flower arrangements are SO pretty... ;-)
3/28/2012 c14 81JackieStarSister
Wow.

I'm just a little confused as to whether or not Zuko and Ozai really know who the baby's father is. And I can't help wondering - as I'm sure Ming does - whether Ozai would have tried to kill Ming, and she in turn tried to kill him, if she had told him that she was pregnant.

I think this was a good way to end it - sad, but optimistic. Thank you for such a good story.
3/28/2012 c14 7snarkhunter
Hah! Brilliant! I did not see Ming's survival coming, and I *really* didn't see the baby coming. That's awesome.

For a second, I really thought you'd kill them all. :D
3/28/2012 c14 11Thomas Drovin
Hey there! So your story comes to an end with Ozai being killed by Ming huh? I have no doubt WHY she resigned at the end of this revolt...Zuko now has a half brother or sister right? THAT little bit will come back and bite everyone in the ass one day! *Chuckles*

You did a good job with this story I'm sorry to see it end but as they say "All good things must come to and end." I look forward to your epilouge see you then!
3/28/2012 c14 121Kimberly T
Wow, frying himself from the inside out; that's the first time I've ever read that fate for Ozai! Fitting, though; very fitting.

But here I'd thought Ozai had thrown Ming into that wall hard enough to crack open her skull and kill her. But then, his plans didn't include 'leave no witnesses', like they would have if he'd actually been thinking of escape; he just needed her unconscious, and unable to stop him. And since he was in a hurry to join the mob, he didn't make sure she was truly down for the count.

Wow, you glossed over a lot in six months! Would have like to have read some of that, at least a few little flashbacks in Zuko's thoughts to get your spin on how "The Promise" plays out. At least would have liked to get Aang's shamefaced reaction when he came back and realized just how much trouble he'd left all his friends in!

Here's hoping that Ming plays it smart and never, ever tells her child who his/her father really is; that she enlists Toph's help in creating a nice believable lie. Chances are good that Toph has figured out who the father is (she's got a big bump of curiosity, and her lie-detecting ability means she can play 20 Questions really, really well), and agrees that it's for the best all around if nobody else ever finds out.
3/27/2012 c14 ArrayePL
Wow great fight, unexpected way to end Ozai and Ming... it's Ozais child, yes? Amon maybe? :) Thanks for sharing this great chapter.
3/27/2012 c14 Dakota96
Great chapter overall but my only questions is why nobody talked about Azula at all.Because in you're fanfiction you showed that Zuko cared about Azula at least a little bit.
3/27/2012 c14 11darkdaysofsummer
Great chapter. A little sad this story is drawing to a close; it's been good. I'm glad Ozai got what he did; it's no less than what he deserved. I wonder how Ming will be able to handle Ozai's child and if Zuko will ever know about his half-sibling. Just a couple of question hopefully you will anwser. What was Aang off doing during the attack and why wasn't he "keeping the peace"? Also, what was Zuko's reaction to Azula's death?
3/26/2012 c13 iron aegis
well I myself have never written a fight scene know that it is inporton to take into account the character fighting style Ozais is extremely liberal and stressing overbearing, infernal force so Ozai in short is always on the attack never giving his enemy a chance to regroup i don't know how much help this will be but i do hope it gave you some idea on how to write an Ozai fight
3/24/2012 c13 Meggan B
-winces- poor Azula. Though I wonder if she might have ultimately preferred a quick death to spendign the rest of her life that way...

And poor Ming. See, that's the problem with falling for 'bad boys'; most of the time, they really are bad and your love does NOT redeem them; it only hurts you in the end.

-reads author's note-

So you're taking suggestions as to how this will end? Okay:

Ozai's all outraged about losing his royal hairdo but he can probably already see the advantages in looking so different; the long it takes for palace guards to recognize him, the closer he can get and the better chances he has of getting to the throne room and killing Zuko with his own hands. But wouldn't it be delightfully ironic if some of the rioters storming the palace are Ozai supporters who are planning to restore him to the throne-but one of them doesn't recognize him, and kills him by mistake!
3/24/2012 c12 Meggan B
Oh dear. A storm is coming indeed.
3/24/2012 c11 Meggan B
Call me callous, but I was happy to read that Iroh beat the crap out of Ozai. Even if he hadn't been leading Zuko on about her, he really had that coming.
3/24/2012 c10 Meggan B
Waitaminnit, his bending's back? Lion-turtle, you didn't tell Aang that energybending has an expiration date!
138 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »