for Archive Rejects

2/27/2014 c55 29SulliMike23
Interesting idea.
2/11/2014 c54 SomeGuyFawkes
I like the idea, the setup and the middle; this could be great!

The stuff back at Konoha is kinda ho-hum though. Maybe Menma slowly comes to realize (mistakenly) that he was an agent of Orochimaru and/or Akatsuki. He then goes on a revenge, reverse assassination crusade against his former "friends"/bosses.

Maybe the Kyuubi even takes advantage of the situation (he has his own axes to grind) and encourages Menma to think he was a betrayed agent. Between the Kyuubi and the vagaries of the sharingan, Menma might have knowledge, and false memories, of the bad guys that Naruto couldn't otherwise know.
12/26/2013 c52 19M2J MandalorianJedi
I remember this scene. One that I planned and still plan on using when I get to that point. My biggest obstacle right now is getting to that point.

Every bit as good as I remember it.
12/25/2013 c52 tyog56
Awesome chapter!
12/10/2013 c42 XRaiderV1
interesting concept here.
12/10/2013 c51 1Faraway-R
I guess my criticism would be - how would Harry even know about Hogwarts, in particular, and that he was supposed to go there, if he was controlled for about five years by that time?

My point is, to be resentful for missing opportunities, one has to be aware of them. Harry has to be aware of possibility of having a childhood (Dudley had one), so him being deprived of it after being taken from Dursleys is believable. Resentment for being taken from home, if hated? I can see that, because he can see and possibly understand his new living arrangements are clearly not an ounce better than before. But Hogwarts? That one needs a little explanation.

Next, I guess, would be that in order to execute the escape-from-attack the way you described, there are two points that need to happen. First, is that Harry is attacked practically the moment he recovers his conciousness, by someone who is not an Auror, and who attacked Aurors. And that Tonks is to be in clear vicinity. Were I to stage the scene, it would be "Silencer blasts both Aurors who held Harry captive, and kills one; losing no time he launches another spell Harry's way; Harry blasts him back". And given everything, it ought to happen in a temporary base/staging ground for this particular Auror regiment (one that Tonks knows her way around, as a reason not to dump her).
12/10/2013 c51 Oh I am Slain
Such a fun premise. Seems like you're taking Bourne Legacy as the base and making it more awesome.
11/14/2013 c46 Oh I am Slain
In continuation of this story, a saner version of Voldemort is angered by Palpatine brainwashing and ordering around wizards, thus segueing into Voldemort becoming the Defender of Earth. Can be played for both the drama and the laughs. :D
11/14/2013 c17 Oh I am Slain
Ooh, this plot is delicious.
10/18/2013 c23 facelesssausetrc
Type your review for this chapter here...
10/17/2013 c49 Ranmaleopard
I this idea I would love to see it as a full fanfic please continue!
10/8/2013 c49 29SulliMike23
Ranma and SAO, that's just chaos waiting to happen.
10/8/2013 c49 ArmorOfGeddon
If anything, the real focus of the story is demonstrating how it's only because of the massive discrepancy in skills between Ranma and everyone else that the story of Ranma 1/2 didn't end in a bloodbath, and how, if you put them all in a place where the law can't reach them (not that the law was worth much in Nerima) and where Ranma can't OHKO them (their HP gauges and better equipment would go a long ways towards making them credible threats), things end a lot messier.

Also, surprised Kuno could lead a Guild worth a darn. Not everybody is as stupid as the boys in Furinkan and Kuno is pretty blatantly insane to anyone with an ounce of common sense (unless his Guild is some Laughing Coffin wannabes using him as a figurehead/HATE-tank and hiding from retaliation behind his strength). You'd think they'd have ditched him the first time he got his crew wiped during a Boss Raid (cuz' as good as Kuno is personally, I can't see him successfully leading others when he doesn't think anyone really dies).

Kind of surprised by the mindless Akane hate too. This is girl who follows Ranma into situations where she is blatantly outclassed in RL, and has risked her life multiple times just to try and help him out during fights (including one time where she gives him the only antidote to what she thought was a fatal poison, fully expecting to die herself). Yet in a game where she's finally on roughly equal footing with him and where she is easily one of the top ten best players (her reflexes and natural speed probably put Kirito and Asuna combined to shame), she leaves him after everything they've been through because she can't handle the danger?

Maybe there's a better storyline reason you didn't mention or maybe I am misunderstanding how you phrased it, but the description comes off as mere character-bashing, and this is from someone who despises Akane, and would lulz if she was killed off (not because she wasn't good enough but because her and Ranma underestimated some game mechanic, not being hardcore gamers themselves).

And everyone being able to get NerveGears and a copy of SAO is more than a little ridiculous. Kodachi makes sense since she has access to the Kuno fortune, and maybe Ukyo has the insane amount of money required to splurge on what is likely one of the most expensive and rare games and piece of gaming equipment ever (remember, only 10,000 copies were sold nationwide), but Ryouga, aka Mr. "I am always lost and functionally, if not technically, homeless"? Mousse, who likely isn't paid beyond minimum wage and room-and-board for working at the Nekohanten (and Cologne wouldn't want him interefering anyway)?

It sounds like the plot for every badly written Ranma Dark Fic ever (minus the ones with rape, though Mousse keeping Shampoo paralyzed, "for her own safety", comes pretty close on the creepy-meter), only set in SAO. I can see why this one is a reject. It's grimdork for the sake of grimdark.
10/8/2013 c49 1Faraway-R
And the resulting kill count includes the Kuno siblings, Ukyo, and Mousse.

Talk about Murder the Hypotenuse. This is what happens when slapstick characters end up in dramatic works (and now I'm having flashbacks to Sleeping with the Girls).

Wait what? Ryoga as a TRACKER? With his negative direction sense?! I wonder if it will ever be healed. Perhaps he needed Augmented Reality...
10/6/2013 c48 Miner603
Is this a One Piece crossover?
157 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »