for The Cask

6/30 c1 K
I always felt that Ron was a prat myself. Walking him up might just be a touch rash, but I would shed no tears over it. Dark, but entertaining.
9/3/2019 c1 Latarra
Cool story.
11/12/2016 c1 15senawario
enjoyed the horror; thanks
9/30/2016 c1 noreenklose
You were too kind.
I (apparently, much meaner than you) would NOT have revived moRon. The stupefy would wear off by itself. I wouldn't have given him ANY light. AND then, after I finished the brick wall, I would have transfigured the brick and mortar into SOLID rock. The transfiguration would have worn off sooner or later, and changed back to a brick wall with a dead moRon still trapped inside.
I hope Hermione tells the Weasleys that moRon FINALLY ran off with some cute young chick who remains unknown...
Good revision of a GREAT story!
Thanks for writing.
6/17/2015 c1 3Virgil's Inferno
Good job. I'm a big fan of Poe, actually this gives me an idea or rather mor reason to write a parody of Dante's Divine Comedy to the Tune of Harry Potter, i figured...Harry got off a bit easy going to kings cross. What if he went to Hell instead?
1/2/2015 c1 1Lionasha No Bruja
quite well done, and oddly fitting.
11/27/2014 c1 I Judicator
Very dark but I agree with your note on the most vengeful character.
11/26/2014 c1 1Arinor
As that story is apt to do. Short, and all the more horrific for it. As good adaptation on the whole.
10/31/2013 c1 anotherboarduser
I like this story so much.

Hermione, being bullied so much by Ron, should have her revenge on Ron.

With Hermione's mind, power and skills, why could she make Ron pay.
11/28/2012 c1 rekrula
Freaked me out too...but I loved it! Thanks for sharing.
11/22/2012 c1 1Sleep Patterned
Interesting, if you're a Stephen King fan you should check out one of his short stories "Dolan's Cadillac". It has a similar tone, but is executed differently.
11/19/2012 c1 2PotterThinker
Good work on the interpretation into Harry Potter. The Cask of Amontillado is one of my favorite stories by Edgar Allen Poe, Native New Jerseyan whom was put into a mental institution. The New Jersey government at the time was stealing credit for his work until his family found out, then sued the state of New Jersey in federal court for the money that the state had gotten from the sale of Mr. Poe's short stories and poems.
11/19/2012 c1 2Fibinaci
I agree that Hermione would be the most likely to be so vengeful, given what she did to Marietta, who as far as we know, never got fixed. There have been several good stories exploring just how little of a push she would need to to these lengths.

Good use of the original story, in making Hermione Montresor's descendant and their last exchange at the end.
11/19/2012 c1 Confer
Interesting.
11/19/2012 c1 19Meteoricshipyards
Did Hermione forget to clean the spiders out of the hole first? Maybe when she stuck the light in, Ron saw them and died of fright.

Well done. Not that I approve of Hermione's actions, but written well.

Tom A.