for Meeting Eleanor

11/3/2012 c5 35Shadowfax
I love Eleanor, and I thoroughly enjoyed your story! I was just rereading Hawksong, wondering along these lines, and here I found this story. Excellent! XD
8/27/2012 c1 1Musia888
I'd wondered before too how Eleanor and Zane met, but haven't seen any other fanfics based on that idea before. I really enjoyed this first chapter :)
6/6/2012 c3 tygon
I like how you illustrated Eleanor's conflict with telling Zane about the attack. She is finally seeing the difficulties in their friendship, but yet she does not shy away because of it and this is why Zane knows he can trust her, good job.
6/6/2012 c2 tygon
Eleanor is so snarky here I love it! She is usually nice and understanding, but here we see her beginning to develop into a wiser more influential woman, someone that Zane can really rely on to bring peace to both lands. Eleanor is the light that leads the way.
6/6/2012 c3 M3mnoch7
You make Ailbhe sound much more human, good job. I feel like we only got a glimpse in the book. Perhaps you should give him more face time. Also you make it seem like Eleanor made all the hard decisions. She reminds me of Snape, in the sense that they are double agents and in Eleanor's case no one side is truly bad.
6/6/2012 c2 M3mnoch7
I feel like they might fall in love and I kinda want to root for them, even though I know that's not going to happen. I delight in how Eleanor refused to be understanding, but instead made Zane understand that neither side was right and that each has its faults. This scene illustrates Eleanor's influence on Zane, essential without Eleanor there wouldn't have been a chance for peace. Does Eleanor ever get married? If your story goes far enough maybe you should provide her with a love interest.
5/16/2012 c4 5victorianchic105
you know, exploring their relationship like this almost makes me want to ship Zane/Eleanor... :)

is this the end of it then? with it so close to the story in Hawksong?
5/12/2012 c1 tygon
I like how bold Eleanor is and how confident she is that a friendship between Zane and herself will end the war. Eleanor doesn't back down and take no for an answer. There are no is, and, or, buts about it very true to her character. I like that we get to see the more emotional side of Zane at the beginning. In the book it takes awhile. Good story, I look forward to more.
2/4/2012 c2 victorianchic105
yay! another chapter :)

oooo, interesting. not as light hearted as the first and yet very good still. I like it.
2/4/2012 c2 19tenneyshoes
I really like how you portray their reationship. I've always thought they would be best friends, but I was worried you would make it just spy and master. But you did good. I love that Elanore doesn't take any crap he gives her. Great job! and as always please update as soon as possible! But only at your convenience ;D
2/3/2012 c1 tenneyshoes
This is really good! I'm glad someone has finally decided to do this because it always interested me, but I'm not creative enough to write. Great job and please update soon!
1/26/2012 c1 5victorianchic105
this is really interesting. I've never thought about that before: how Zane and Eleanor met.

are you going to continue?

it's really well done. I like it :)
1/24/2012 c1 Entertained Reader
Nice story. I've always wondered too how Zane came to know Eleanor. It was never really explained in the books. Well, I guess now your theory is out there.

Keep up the good work.