for If Not For Isis

You write like a pro
7/29/2013 c1 26Rachel Smith Cobleigh
Love it!
6/15/2013 c1 jmu
I somehow missed this story when you originally posted it, and only became aware of it today when Patsan recommended it on her Tumblr page. I see why she did so; it's very tender and beautiful. Thank you!
6/15/2013 c1 luvgoround
Really good story and well written. Love Matthew's heart struggle - so glad things turned out the way they supposed to all along - the little dog that kept his heart and mind on Mary...the love of his life.
7/21/2012 c1 96Cath1
I heart this. The writing is excellent and I can actually see most of the scenes (and I'm really not so good with imagining things...) And so glad to see that it wasn't your only Downton fic.
7/8/2012 c1 wistful
Read your fiction for the first time today. It's now one of my favorites. Fills in lots of blanks in the story in a way that is Canon compliant, fitting the storyline and the characters. The stuffed dog charm is a wonderful way to explore Matthew's thoughts and experiences. It's great you included his time during the war and the conversation with William. Also loved the reference to Lavinia's offer for him to lean on, but he chooses to lean on Mary instead. I hadn't made that connection myself until you highlighted it. Please write more.
3/27/2012 c1 hillevi
You are a fantastic writer, I hope you do it as a profession, otherwise it would be a waste of talent.

As to this story, lovely heart breaking stuff, so please! Do continue writing Mary/Matthew fiction, please.
3/2/2012 c1 17radical-rebel
Oh, this is lovely! Your writing is clear and bittersweet and draws the reader in very well. I also believe you managed Matthew's point of view skillfully. It was nice to get to read this part of the story from his perspective, and I only wish this piece could have been longer! Thank you for sharing it!
2/21/2012 c1 darkblueyank
A beautiful and moving story, so well written. I can't express how much I like your vision of what was going on in Matthew's head, and his interaction with Mary, and the moving back and forth in time, and... Please write more Downton!
1/25/2012 c1 flamedash
Good stuff! I like the part where William is talking about Mary; I think you got his voice exactly right. But for some reason my favourite part is the image of Matthew "pummelling his pillow with both hands".

Please write more!
1/24/2012 c1 Dina C
This was very well done, and original, too, which is difficult when there are so many M&M writers out there writing stories. I particularly liked the way you used the jumping backward and forward in the timeline - it made the short story more active since it didn't contain a lot of dialogue. For a reflective piece, it still contained a lot of "movement." The original conversation between M and William about Mary (while in the trenches)was very well done. Strong work!
1/24/2012 c1 7TrapperII
My only complaint about this story is the fact that it will likely be your only Downton fic! I seriously think you should reconsider your position there :)

This was beautifully done. I loved the structure of it: the non-linear jumps back in time. I think my favorite part was the conversation between William and Matthew in the dugout. It revealed so much about Matthew's emotional dilemma and confusion. This line made my heart do a little gymnastics as I thought of what it meant (knowing that Mary would be at Matthew's bedside when he woke up in the hospital): "I just know," says William, simply. "I don't know if – if it's for keeps, like. But I know that, if I was ever wounded, say – well, I just know that Daisy would be there waitng for me when I woke up."

So I was subsequently so THRILLED when you included the scene of Matthew waking in the hospital.

Matthew's characterization, confusion, frustration, etc., etc., were done so very well throughout.

I loved how you used this line: "It is November 11th, 1918."

Well, this is a random and poorly expressed review. Suffice it to say that I loved it.
1/24/2012 c1 15Serena89
Oh my God, I loved it! It's a beautiful piece of writing. Insightful, dark-humored, heartbreaking, romantic, tragic, a whirlwind of memories and emotions.

I loved the fact that the events narrated where in no chronological order whatsoever - pure stream of consciousness.

And the fact that Isis, the stuffed dog, was its file rouge was original and sweet. It's a perfect guide in this particular journey.

Simply beautiful. You should write more!
1/24/2012 c1 MistressBlack523
Ugh I absolutely love this. They way its written is so brilliant and you captured the emotions so well. Definitely one of my favourites