for Through the Haze

2/14/2012 c1 81Kuruk
This was rather perfect, really. It is especially so when set against the backdrop of the nightmarish Tanetane hallucination sequence and the party's first real encounter with the Masked Man.

Your writing is incredibly immersive; I can feel Lucas's reluctance and sorrow as if they were my own. Your style also lends a certain delicacy to the situation, and it's beautiful. The way you never name the figure in the dream while making it so clear just who he is with those vivid descriptions feeds into the impression Lucas seems to be teetering on the precipice of something he can't quite bring his conscious mind to accept yet.

In a way, it mirrors the feeling that I was experiencing throughout the game. The uncertainty surrounding the certainty of a foregone conclusion, as it were.

I also loved the way you described Lucas's relationship with Claus. The feeling of belonging, of comfort and wholeness. Mother 3 is poignant despite the fact that Lucas is a silent protagonist for most of the game and the GBA sprite doesn't give the player much room for gauging his nonverbal reactions and expressions, but you've given voice to a struggle we all know he was experiencing. I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't overtly sexual. It was intimate, and that, compounded with the delicacy of your writing, made me all the more devastated by this game.

So thank you very much for writing and sharing this. It's truly beautiful.
2/6/2012 c1 5CarnileN
Very good fic. I really enjoy your writing, it is so immersive. Everything was well done, so I don'thave any critics.Just an opinion, more than an horror/spiritual fic is more like a spiritual only one. Anyway, I hope to see more from you soon :)

P.s Hmm, there are not a lot of fics with Tanetane, is a good decision for a lot of genres.