for Pieces

10/18/2017 c5 18Poodie
This was just perfect. I loved it and it made me cry really XD Poor Itachi. That last sentence really got me though. Loved it!

10/14/2017 c4 Poodie
This gave such a different insight on the relationship between Gaara and his father Rasa. Most stories make it seem as though Gaara and Rasa have little to no interaction, but I like this version. It was really different and good :3

10/14/2017 c3 Poodie
And now you have done Sai! Perfect in essence (I actually believe that this may make a few people hate Danzo less. I don't hate him, primarily because I appreciate his role), it really captures what I believe would have been Sai.

I seriously like this XD

P.s In my favourites!
10/14/2017 c2 Poodie
I was literally on the verge of tears here. That last part where he thought of how he could always close a book if things got too hard, but he couldn't do it with life (that killed me)

10/14/2017 c1 Poodie
Kankuro is actually my favourite male character (Sai as well) and I simply adored this because it was about him. Also because it was really good and emotional in the way I truly believe he woul have been.

Unfortunate for the great, Kishimoto couldn't split his attention and give some of the characters their much needed lime light (I don't blame him though). Kankuro, Temari and Gaara all had a traumatic past; but nobody ever seems to want to express that.

11/14/2012 c2 4annoyingsister
Oh, Poor Little Kakashi Sensei! (I know he's not a sensei yet, but still...)
Escaping into his books.

Well done Himeflye. Well done.
11/11/2012 c5 42AuthorSwimmerPoet
Excellent! I love stories that look into the minds of the darker characters, it's always fascinating to humanize them and to think of what they might be thinking instead of just what the hero of our story is for once. I like Itachi's little dream too. I like that even if he's a coward, in an ironic sort of way, he does seem to love his brother and wishes that things could have turned out differently. Such an interesting character, strong enough to destroy an entire village, but not nearly strong enough to face up to raising his little brother. Fascinating! :D
11/11/2012 c5 8Mommy Bear
I am impressed. The first person approach worked wonderful. The three lines at the top are incredible when you stop and think about what it really says. The whole story is outstanding, you have a gift. Love it.
11/11/2012 c5 111Yui
Beautiful. Itachi is the most tragic character in all of Naruto but at the same time one of the strongest, and I don't mean physically. Only the strong can make that kind of sacrifice. But when he spoke of weakness here, it was very like him to look at himself that way. You wrote it in a most touching way. Good job!
11/11/2012 c5 18AnneLea
Only a couple errors. Try to catch simple typos such as the mey in "and he will see mey weakness."

"...his love would give him will" should probably be "his love may give him will" instead, seeing as you're writing this in present tense.

Another thing, try to remember that THEN answers WHEN. You're making the opposite mistake of most people and using then instead of than. Than answers the question of how much. "If I have eaten all my pudding first, then it means I like the pudding more than the carrots." Make sense?
11/4/2012 c4 8HimekoUchia
Aha bratty Gaara is rather sweet :)
And the ending is so... Adorable. Everyone knows that under gaaras four hundred tons of crappy attitudes he's just a little boy. You portrayed that very well!
9/9/2012 c4 42AuthorSwimmerPoet
I think this is one of my favorite pieces I have ever read about Gaara, it explains so much of his character without just telling the reader what bits of him it's explaining. I love that it's all implied. Very well done.

One tiny, tiny thing, after Gaara tells the Kazekage he's only keeping him alive because he's useful, it should read "The Kazekage nodded once" instead of "one" otherwise excellent job. :)
8/15/2012 c3 8Mommy Bear
Nicely done. Brings out some reasoning why Danzo does what he does - erasing the memory after the mission. However, sometimes I wonder really just how much Sai remembers especially hating the feel of blood on his clothers. Good story But I still don't like Danzo
7/31/2012 c3 111Yui
Impressive introspection on these one-shots. Well it could be canon, who knows, right? There's practically nothing on Sai's background except for his time with Shin. And now I understand why you said it was funny we released darkish Sai one-shots almost the same time. Eerie, actually (the connection). Very logical reasoning behind the midriff too.

I also like the first two. There's hardly anyone who writes about Kankuro as a kid without centering on Gaara. Nice take on his attempt to get out of his father's shadow.

Kakashi was insecure about being ANBU, who knew? But quite believable. He didn't become the best by being smug. And excellent point on the books, their contrast with real life. Wow you logically explained a lot here. Great job!
7/25/2012 c3 42AuthorSwimmerPoet
This was really good. :) I liked how it turned out. Sai is such a fascinating character, and I like the way this explores the depth of that.

A couple little grammar issues like at the beginning it should be "each piece" not "each pieces" and it would probably make more sense to call the Anbu dress "standard" rather than "slandered" but really this was quite well done.

I really like the idea of him not completely forgetting even though his memory has basically been wiped. :)
23 Page 1 2 Next »