for The Dinner Hour

4/21/2013 c1 2Carameldynr
Amazing! Your story is really amazing! It's so realistic, definitely what would happened to the shitennou. I really hope you'll make sequel and finish this story until crystal tokyo. I love the senshi-general pairing. The manga & anime lack of it so much!
4/10/2013 c1 Lady Mischief
This story was amazing. I am so glad you decided to have Rei forgive and understand the past instead of holding it against Jadeite and be resentful. It was very refreshing. I also like your explanation of the shitennou betrayal, it was well explained and thought out.
3/3/2013 c1 2Sakuar
Wow, this was great. I loved both stories, specially this one, and I'm wondering if you are still going to write the third part. I'm feeling kind of sorry for Makoto.
12/26/2012 c1 Angelically Scarred
This was a rather refreshing take on Jade and Rei meeting and I enjoyed it immensely. I also liked how you didn't make Rei as bitter as other authors do (I love that side of Rei as well, but as stated previously it was refreshing to see a new take) and not have want to immediately set Jade on fire or hurt him in anyway. Very nice job! I hope you continue contributing to this fandom.
12/20/2012 c1 ELinkA
So, are you still writing the third part?
12/17/2012 c1 5chickay
I Love this story; with a capital L and everything.

This and its sequel are among my favorite fanfics dealing with the Shittenou/Senshi relationships and, in my opinion, both are severely under-reviewed. The sheer length of this story would usually deter me from reading past two paragraphs, but you have managed to create a believable, witty, and profound world that I genuinely enjoy rereading every time. Even without Makoto and Nephrite's story, I walk away from reading your stories feeling satisfied, happy for our protagonists finding their happy endings. Most fics dealing with the characters' past lives are usually either prolonged sagas or sadly-abrupt one-shots that don't tell -enough-. You've managed to tell such sweet, full-circled stories without falling into either category and for that, I adore you.

I hope you keep writing; it's a joy to read what you come up with.
12/15/2012 c1 Guest
This was written really well. I loved how you explained what happened during the war with the generals. It makes things fit so well. Seriously great job. I have been reading sailor moon fanfiction for years and this is the first story I felt told a story of the past that fits with the plot of the series.
10/11/2012 c1 23feedthegrimmjows
Such an amazing fic. I think you've done a great job with this. Keep up the wonderful work!
4/14/2012 c1 1RubyLin
Beautiful work! I have to say I admire your writing style. The smooth flow of thought. The command you have of the language in general. And characterization is also worthy of praise with how you portray Rei and Jadeite and how you’ve captured their personalities.

I really enjoyed this. Now I am anxious to read the next part!
4/8/2012 c1 24SailorCopperOwl
I saw all the great reviews to this and it being a Rei/Jadeite story, of course I had to read it. And then I realized I've read it before. Remembered the details quite clearly, actually. And I was wondering, why didn't I review earlier? The revealing of the past builds up slowly and is very captivating, the explanation of the past events is brilliant. It's well-written, clearly a good story. And the characters seem to be very close to their manga versions. But I was close to not reviewing again. I can't really pinpoint it, but something about those perfect, polished characters makes me indifferent to them. They're scaring me a bit.

And now excuse me because I can't wait to read the sequel ;)
3/31/2012 c1 6Nadia26
Well...It's a great story! I loved every line of it! :D Well-done!
3/19/2012 c1 12Adins
Good lord, but did I enjoy this!

I read this at work which I really shouldn't be doing, but damn if it didn't make the hour breeze by. Firstly, because your characterization of Rei's father was so good I had no trouble envisioning him, but having the mental image of the actor who played him in PGSM really made him pop. I love his assertiveness and the underlying current of respect that he demands. "You will oblige me." and all that. I love it.

Honestly I thought everyone's character was portrayed well. I enjoyed that Minako tended to drift between her casual "goddess of love and beauty" side and her more stern, cautious Venus side. I did appreciate that the whole thing came about in a very Rei-like fashion with her father forcing a potential husband on her. Jade himself was just the right amount of confident, humble, and "lost" when it came to his memories. I really like that Rei and Jade sort of put the pieces together, well... together. Also, the sense that they were both looking for each other was well played out. I really liked the "It's you!" bits. It was a nice change of pace for them to start out excited to find each other instead of how most fics potray them as bitter about the past when they start out.

My absolute favorite part of this fic was the interaction between Mamoru and Jade. Seeing Mamoru go off the rails in his apartment was a nice little jolt. He's not the one you usually expect to exclaim "We have to kill him!" That whole role-reversal played out here again; generally mamoru would be the one happy to see his Shitennou return and Rei would be the wary one. The Silver Millennium flashbacks were also excellent. They were just vague enough to make draw your own mental picture, but with specific instances that brought it to life, such as "The walls will make each of our men count as ten." Authentic. And of course Mamoru would be the self-sacrificing, last-stand type of Prince.

I thought the Shitennou's "betrayal" as it was explained here was a fantastic if not letter-perfect telling. I always thought for their about-face to have any lasting impact that they had to give themselves over to Beryl freely, but of course from everyone else's point of view, that's exactly what happened.

Jade's moment of revelation and despair before Mamoru was great. I am glad that he took the high road and decided to re-dedicate his life to his king instead of wallowing in despair for a few hundred years. I thought Rei would need more time to process the truth about Jadeite, but considering the way the whole story was revealed in bits and pieces I suppose it wasn't that big of a shock as everything coming back at once would be.

Anyway, I should probably get back to work now. Here's hoping you decide to do a few more of these vingettes!

-A
3/13/2012 c1 wow
i don't frequent this site often... except to read about my favorite couple. your story was fantastic. the back story, the angst, the imagery... i hope that you get a chance and do the other shitennou as well.

if not, that's a ok. i adore rei and jadeite and i am so grateful to have read such a fantastic piece of writing.
3/6/2012 c1 chrissyann344
I really enjoyed reading this story and hope to one day read more chapters in this story for each of the Shitennou being found.
3/6/2012 c1 Malevolent Dark Reflection
This was such a great story. It broke my heart to read about the motives of the Shitennou's betrayal. It makes alot of sense and at the same time its so sad. Mamoru may have been indirectly responsible for the destruction of the Silver Alliance because he was so stubborn, and that realization hurt him dearly. I love the romance between Rei and Jadeite. Love at first sight!
38 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »