for Adventures of a Lad at Sea

1/17/2016 c3 Larkspur57
I really enjoy prequel stories and was happy to see one about Ben. Great job with such a familiar character. Thank you!
8/5/2014 c3 Missy
Loved the story...enjoy hearing about a young Ben and hope there's more to come.
6/5/2014 c3 1OrangeSunset1701
Nice! I like reading about Ben as a sailor.
10/29/2012 c3 Guest
nice to see this one continue
10/21/2012 c2 11NorthStar65
Great stories, great concept. Really enjoy hearing stories of Ben's early life. Can't wait for more of the saga! Thanks.
3/23/2012 c2 wandamarie
thanks it was a good one
3/7/2012 c1 LBF
Good story. I have always wished the show had shown us some of Ben's history beyond his marraiges. This was enjoyable.
2/27/2012 c1 wandamarie
loved it thanks
2/27/2012 c1 158Tauna Petit-Strawn
I love the beginning!
2/26/2012 c1 30TSOSF site
I don't think I've seen a story written for Ben's youth, so I was very interested to read this. Well done!

The historical context has potential too...I'm not sure the year span, but certain it's well advance of the series canon. Early 1820's perhaps?

Looking forward to the next installment.
2/25/2012 c1 JenGord
Looks like the start of a very good story,and although I don't usually go for prequel stories much, this one has caught my notice and I enjoyed reading what I hope will be a very interesting saga.

Somehow the thought of Ben being small and vulnerable is appealing. I hope we will see the developement from the troubled boy to the confident and sincere man we know and love so well, as the story progresses. I'm looking forward to more.
2/25/2012 c1 cma1
Excellent start to a good story. I have but one little complaint.

In the following sentences, the word "thought" was over-used.

"It was there at the dinner table nearly an hour later that Captain Stoddard sat deep in thought. His pipe had long ago run out of tobacco but he still held it between his teeth in thought."

The two sentences say the same thing?
2/24/2012 c1 MGM
Excellent! I love young Ben stories, though they are few and far between. Looking forward to more.