for Saint Potter?

1/14 c10 12excessivelyperky
Delightful update, do wish there were more.

And my headcanon is that the camel belongs to a lineal descendant of that nice Aircraftman Shaw, the one who had that unfortunate motorcycle accident and was so very helpful to Robert Graves back in the day. I'm sure Hagrid is having a lovely time with the beast as well.
6/21/2017 c9 excessivelyperky
Another delightful chapter-I really enjoyed the dragon hunt dodge. It does have some originality going for it, and if Hagrid is going to pick up Norbert's egg somewhere along the line, it could become real.

Yes, Hufflepuff is solidarity itself-to the rest of the school. I suspect that this is not the first disagreement the house has had, but just the one that was large enough to be noticed. Hurrah for Tonks!

What a quaint little custom they have in France of assuring full employment on behalf of the Squibs (enough to make the Weasley cousin who became an accountant begin counting his blessings).
3/22/2017 c10 7Tsamoka
Wow. Over 107k words and we're just barely starting the first week of school. I am greatly impressed by the amount of thought and foresight and the sheer volume of work you've put into this story. Outstanding job so far, keep up the good work! :)
8/16/2016 c8 5arisflame
I think I can explain your capitalization issues: you are comparing individuals to groups. Remember they live in a world of racing brooms (each with their own make & model number), & any herbalist can tell you that there is more than one "mandrake" species (which by the way isn't even its real name).
6/28/2016 c10 pedrokotii
Another one? Wow, I really am lucky lately. And the creative authors were supposed to be rare...
Anyway!
Honourable reader of this review!
In the name of, well, myself, I would like to express most sincere gratitude to the Author of the fanfiction masterpiece "Saint Potter?", for creating a fandom universe that may very well fit into the 'Better Than Original' cathegory. This one has taken a great delight in reading above mentioned work and considers the experience to be most satisfying, with the guest appearances of notable historical or literature-based characters particularily deserving of a honorable mention.
This one wishes the Author all the best and hopes that many more chapters of high quality fanfiction are yet to come.
Sincerily,
a good fanfiction addict,
PK
6/13/2016 c10 49Jaenera Targaryen
Magic lantern...? Frozen...?
6/12/2016 c10 39IWantColouredRain
Very good chapter, update soon.
6/3/2016 c10 7moon so bright
I liked her introduction. I like the bit about rationalization in the case of Helen, especially.
6/3/2016 c10 Eldersprig
Luna would have a camel.
6/2/2016 c10 hwyla
I'm hoping there will be some sort of short diversion along the way for Suliman to interact with Jenkins and his camel - perhaps something as simple as questions of how the camel came to be owned by Jenkins and how it fares thru a Hogwarts winter. It just seems to call out to be a small side discussion somewhere akin to Draco & Justin & the Missouri. Kudos to you, however for the fact that Jenkins does not seem to be middle-eastern. That makes it all seem even more quirky.

I also want to express my appreciation for an update. I just love this story and I'm happy to see it continue! And just packed with lovely little details!

LOVE the idea that 'Colonel Sally' is more a title than a name, altho' it does make me wonder just what her real elf name might be. I will admit that I had to return further up the page to assure myself that the colonel was a female elf and that I had not automatically assumed such based on the name.

I rather like the image of the army helmet and 'big stick' with the image of a Hogwarts tea towel clad elf. It fits so well with that image of the elves marching while whistling. I suppose I ought to go reread bits to be sure that your elves don't have a different 'uniform' from the canon tea towel. I don't quite recall anything, but it could have slipped my mind. Colonel Sally sounds like she'll be a good drill sergeant. I'm picturing her positioning herself as a cross between MacArthur and Teddy Roosevelt.

I did get a teeny snicker at the mention of the battleship poster. Nice tie in to the games on the train.

Lastly, Slughorn's slide show reminder of extinction was a wonderful metaphor and beautifully subtle and so Slytherin. Especially loved the mammoth skeleton warning at the end of the show. Your Slughorn is a vast improvement upon canonSluggy.
3/27/2016 c9 4tkepner
Any chance of an update soon?
7/10/2015 c8 22CrimsonDomi
It's nothing particularly big, but I've noticed a bit of an odd name amongst the Gryffindor first years, a "von Stauffenberg, Friederich". Whilst I am familiar with von Stauffenberg, I'm not sure Friederich actually exists as a name - I've heard of Friedrich, Frederik, and Friederike (female variante), but never, ever of Friederich. In fact, this variant seems like either a typo or parents trying to give a pretentious sounding variant of an old-fashioned and traditional name that ended up sounding slighty silly.
4/11/2015 c8 12excessivelyperky
Oh, splendid chapter! I love the nickname Ja'far. I feel sorry for Ron, who is still not going to get as much attention at home as his sister does-he's still at the bottom of the pecking order for the family, and is likely going to stay there. Then again, we won't miss the rat.

Sophie knows a great deal, having done her research, but then again, her resources are greater than most in the Muggle world. Hermione will do well in Ravenclaw-at least she won't be looked down on for loving books and study.

Obviously, there are far greater safety precautions than in canon (which means that someone is taking threats a lot more seriously, and I suspect it's the castellan). Dumbledore continues to be tone-deaf on color (the combination mentioned sounds eye-clawing awful, frankly).

I look forward to the staff duels. Snicker.
1/4/2015 c7 excessivelyperky
Lovely chapter; Sophie continues to denigrate Hermione (she does have a few Queen Bee tendencies due to her superior education), but the Muggleborn is learning rather quickly, and I enjoyed the discussion between Hermione and Draco quite a bit. The trip on the Hogwarts Express was quite eventful and educational.

But one can imagine a Wizarding version of Battleship pretty easily (at least I can).

I also like the Trevor immensely, and glad it was dispatched so handily.

Apparently the Weasleys and the Snapes will end up dominating the Wizarding World in the next generation or so, if only through sheer numbers.

Good chapter.
11/8/2014 c6 excessivelyperky
Excellent chapter. I feel for Hermione Granger; she will learn a lot about the magical world, but with a lot of bruises in the process. Fortunately for Sophie, her way seems to be a lot easier, and her preparation far more thorough. The symbol of the contrast between them is that Hermione has a trunk that her father has locked, but failed to give her the key, while Sophie has a trunk on wheels and she's learned to pick locks.

What a good way to symbolize their different entrances into the Wizarding World!
72 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »