for Nothing Is Harder Than Love

3/22/2012 c10 5Erratus Enigma
Uhm.

I feel quite ashamed for not reviewing this earlier. When I first read this, I vowed to review every single chapter thoroughly.

Heh, look how well *that* went.

I believe I haven't reviewed any of your stories in the past, but worry not, I'll be appearing quite frequently in the future. I hope.

I'll try to review the whole ten chapters, instead of just this last one, yes? The earlier ones will consist mostly on lasting opinions, since my mind isn't all that good to remember details.

The beginning was unexpected. Finding a story that begins the way yours did is not as easily done as I would've thought in the past, and, to be perfectly honest, it pleases me. I believe it must be both easy and hard to create a story in such a way, because, for one, you're giving the reader a taste of what's happening in the future, and that's good, 'cause if one was not to like that, he could've just stopped in the first chapter. On the other hand, you're building up some heavy expectations from chapter one, and that can never be easy.

Their 'first' encounter was very, very sweet. How Jinx moved valiantly to Raven's side, unknowing to the weight of her actions, and how Raven took solace in Jinx's words. It was just marvelous. From the beginning you're showing a soft side to Jinx's charade, one that apparently didn't surface much. And it was, luck to be had, exactly the side Raven needed most.

Witty banter, similar hobbies, similar clothing styles be damned. Raven needed a friend, one who, as Jinx herself said, wouldn't Judge her. No matter how hard the Titans tried, that's exactly what they were doing. Even unconsciously.

The build-up of their relationship was very, very believable. Ah, how sweet friendship started to move, quite steadily, in fact, towards flushed feelings. Jinx learned quite quickly how to caress Raven's keys, and oh, was she good at doing exactly that. The way they interacted with each other, and the way the world interacted with them was very good, as well. The Titans took to her relationship quite healthily, must I add. A very welcome and refreshing change of settings.

But, alas, there is danger lingering ahead. Everywhere, in fact. I must say it didn't take long to figure out it was Trigon behind it all, but I wasn't expecting Blood to be the minion. The pawn. And now that I think of it, there could really be no man better than himself to push Raven over the edge. And he could've done it in so, so many ways! He could've threatened Jinx instead of Raven herself. It would have, in the end, the very same effect. Only our merry mercenary would be even more scarred. And we don't want that, do we?

Perhaps. Perhaps indeed.

I particularly liked how Raven started to push everyone away from herself, in a futile attempt to protect her. That action just screams Raven. Isolating the Problem inside herself, she not only didn't allow any exterior help to come, but chastised it as well. Kept pushing Jinx so further away from her emotions, from her Love, that even the pink-haired girl's started to fade as well. And, really, it was only a matter of time for Trigon to, uhm, ghost Love.

He always acts towards the more powerful emotions, and Love and Anger? Yeah. Very nice way to do so.

Of course, Trigon's influence wouldn't work very well with Love. I fathom that if he really wanted, and invested a good amount of both time and power, he could've corrupted Love. Turned it so black and Red that it would've joined forces with Anger to create Hatred. THAT would've been bad. Can you imagine Raven being controlled by Hatred?

Jegus. Such destruction.

Raven's breakdowns were very satisfactory to read. Especially her breakdown with Blood, that was, heh, a delicacy. A nice way to push the story forward too, eh?

I must say, however, that I was a bit disappointed in this last chapter. Don't take me wrong, it was very, very good, but I was expecting do be a participant in the action. To see Raven tearing Blood's body asunder with my eyes, to feel her burning hatred consume Trigon in his very own game. Yes, I didn't quite liked the way you treated these parts, but I also understand that writing those must be very, very hard. It comes to mind that showing Raven brutally murdering things is also not the point of this story.

Oh well.

Speaking of Trigon, or, well, Scath, what happened in your story?

Did Raven consume his essence-all of his being, his powers, and became Scath herself?

'cause there always must be a Scath.

I hope, for the better, that it is Raven. Can you imagine an even crazier Being taking Trigon's Mantle?

Yeah.

Wait, Raven fits that description as well.

Damn.

All in all, this is a fantastic fanfiction, one that I will follow closely 'til the very end, and then some afterwards. I'm awaiting anxiously for the next update, as well as the ones after it.

Favorited.
3/22/2012 c10 Aslan Leon
O...m...g that was epic I cannot say how epic the was. It it it was dooomungously epic!

Btw you left the word "care" out at the end when raven talked bout family issues
3/22/2012 c10 2Echo of an Idiot
Wait for it

Wait for it

-pauses for dramatic effect

-pauses for not so dramatic effect

-pauses cause I can't find the play button

HOLY HELL! Raven just f*cking killed Trigon! The f*ck! I thought the first chapter was heavy on the murder, but just d*mn. F*cking d*mn man. And Blood, over confident prick, got what was coming to him.

But Jinx, I'm not sure who was worse off Raven or our favorite hex caster. Both maybe, and then the prologue comes around and Jinx strikes back ten f*cking fold. Well that's bout all I got right now.

Echo of an Idiot.
3/22/2012 c10 7RosettaStone123
EPIC! please bring on the next chapter quickly! please please please!
3/21/2012 c10 Aslan Leon

3/20/2012 c9 Aslan Leon
lol cybork. love tiny typos. but ya im loving this story please please please keep updating like everyday twice a day once an hour doesnt matter! lol. really loving how this is going its like im actually there or watching it on tv ( TOONAMI OF COURSE)
3/19/2012 c9 RosettaStone123
Dude excellent you must put up the next chapter asap i cant wait to see what happens next.
3/18/2012 c8 2Echo of an Idiot
Really liked the segment with Anger. So often is she portrayed as the demon but I like to think of her more as was seen here. And with that warning you know something's gonna be going down. Well I suppose I'll wrap it up here.

Echo of an Idiot.
3/14/2012 c7 Echo of an Idiot
You weren't lying, that was a long chapter, but more there to enjoy so no complaints from me. So many changes so little time, Teen Titans growing up, finally changing clothes. And a little sexy time between the two little lovebirds, nice. All said and done, great addition.

Echo of an Idiot
3/13/2012 c6 Shepard590
sorry I haven't reviewed I've been busy the story is going great so far I love it I can't wiat till we find out what raven did keep it up
3/11/2012 c6 Aslan Leon
ok i did not expect robin to react that way very nice! and to answer your question i like this story because it feels so real and the personalities of everyone is believeable and man plan upload the next chapter soon!
3/11/2012 c5 Aslan Leon
love the story so far keep up the good work and update often please!
3/9/2012 c5 Echo of an Idiot
Yes I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I've been wondering what the hell she did? Everything just seemed so… perfect between the two here, hard to imagine Raven could much less would do anything to screw up that bad... Wait a damn minute, She'll forget their anniversary. Yep, called it… that or Raven kills everyone she ever knew or cared about. Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Echo of an Idiot
3/6/2012 c4 Echo of an Idiot
Did she really? Damn. Well its a nice chapter in all. Raven AND Jinx both prepping for their "first date." Cute. And Raven coming out of her shell as well, I think she nearly gave Cyborg a heart attack with the complement.
3/5/2012 c3 3JDT Productions
What? No more? It was good though.
51 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »