for An Ancient Destiny

8/20/2020 c45 ksandra62
Not good at reviewing so I will just say how much I enjoyed this story. Thank you, I spent many enjoyable hours reading it.
8/20/2020 c12 ksandra62
Jon Bon Jovi eh? Love it!
8/20/2020 c1 ksandra62
Interesting! Looking forward to enjoying the rest. I love really long stories...so thank you!
5/5/2018 c45 MiaRose 156
A great story. Loved the little historical facts t-shirt.
4/25/2017 c1 Miconis
I just found this story and am wondering what your name was on the old Highlander board. I was a member of it for many years too
2/25/2017 c45 geekymom
What a wonderfully written story! I was enthralled all the way through! Thanks!
6/17/2016 c45 Guest
Great story!
3/27/2016 c45 gatebeliever
I have to tell you. I love your story. Highlander and Stargate SG-1 are a natural mix that creates great stories. You wrote a great story.

I read An Ancient Destiny as you posted. I'm glad you edited and reposted. We see so much more in our writing after time passes and our memory fogs.

Keep up the good work!
3/18/2016 c45 ggf1
Thanks. A great story. I like the twists, points of view, the postcards and the end.
8/5/2015 c45 Moi
First of all, I liked your story. In case you ever decided to rework it though, there are a few things you could do to improve it. I am no lector, but this is something they'd probably tell you if asked.
Your story contains a lot of detail, however its weakness lies in exactly that department. You chose to go through the whole plot chronologically which makes it a bit long winded, as you added a lot of information that is not relevant to the main plot and not all that necessary to flesh out the characters. In case of the journal entries you added on top of the tales of Nyssa you enhanced that effect. Going for either/or in some of your chapters with more detailed diary entries thus foregoing repetition or not writing a diary entry at all solved that problem quite nicely.
As a general rule, if you bear in mind that the best pieces of information are those that help your plot along, you should be fine.
Another snag that comes along with sticking too closely to chronology is that you rob yourself of quite the number of chances to add little twists and turns. You need not necessarily use flashbacks, but you can add information on the past by using dialogue and other plot devices (e.g. like interrogating Siler aka Liam how he met Nyssa and have mostly him relate that part of Nyssa's life OR have someone give information on Siler's chronicle after they find out just whose student Liam used to be) to deliver them.
Believe me, I am a fan of stories that don't jump back and forth in time, as I find frequent switches a lot more confusing than helpful as you have to sort out the chronology in your own mind. Hence why I was proposing you use other means to incorporate pertinent information from the past into the more present plot. It also forces the writer to be succinct (which helps keep up the suspense within a story) while still demanding you keep up with creating the right kind of atmosphere to get your point and your characters across.
Anyway, I very much appreciate the time and work you put into this story! Keep it up! :)
Cheers,
Moi
1/31/2015 c6 4TheLaughingMan1
This isn't a bad story, but there are several glaring flaws which render me unable to read more. First off, Methos' was a cold and cruel killer who murdered because he enjoyed doing so. Later, he changed, but at his heart, he showed himself to be a survivor above all else who was capable of astonishing treachery and manipulation. He did what he did because he liked it, still does on many levels.

Second, you don't seem to really understand love. It's almost a madness, really, and jealousy/possessiveness is inevitable. Once you have someone you love, you don't 'let them go' to 'experience life': you experience life with them and grow together. Also, you don't switch from fatherly to lover at will. It gets messy. There's hatred, resentment, pain, suspicion, and a whole host of emotions connected with love.

Third, well, I could go on, but I have a headache and it's late, so I won't. Good try, but far too naive to be excellent. Try again, perhaps a rewrite.
11/28/2014 c45 Katja
Thank you so much for this story!
You did a great job and have enjoyed it very. It is heartbreaking, brethtaking and funny all in once!
THANKS!
11/23/2014 c45 Paula
Lovely story. Thank you for sharing it.
4/21/2014 c45 anja.quickert.9
:-) thx
4/21/2014 c45 7Kansas Scout
Nice conclusion to this tale.
171 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »