for Hermione Dreams

10/12/2020 c1 Mvelez91
Interesting.
Think it would be nice if it was expanded and added to.
3/1/2020 c1 kimjo2
Beautifully written. Thanks so much
1/7/2016 c1 Cateagle
*gentle laughter* I daresay some others are not going to appreciate how these matters have turned out. The reactions should be both entertaining and educational.
10/29/2013 c1 2shadewatcher
XD Cute cute cute! LOVE IT!
3/9/2013 c1 happylady
Wonderful one shot
Until next time
Gloria
1/28/2013 c1 computer5450
very good and thank you
8/17/2012 c1 17beege
Clever and excellent with some very nice imagery.
7/17/2012 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
Yikes! I wouldn't want to get dragon flu and have those kinds of dreams.
4/19/2012 c1 8MoonyandProngs
Oooh! Hermione in the forest was so creepy! I love that Harry kept coming to see Hermione and he blows her a kiss the second time. That is so sweet! Hermione had an encounter with a basilisk? *shudders* and continues shuddering as Hermione is chased by the dead. I like that Madam Pomfrey asked Harry to stay with Hermione and he agreed. The ending was incredible!
3/21/2012 c1 16Bloodfire87
Wow...wasn't quite expecting that ending..I mean I figured that the Knight might have been harry being as he never appeared in the dead bodies. Wonderful job!

Bloodfire87
3/21/2012 c1 142Smithback
nice
3/21/2012 c1 157Qoheleth
Dear Polydicta:

Actually, in Old English, "wight" just means "person". Hiareswortha himself is a wight; so is Hermione. If you specifically mean "barrow-wight", you have to say that.

And now, having made that rather pedantic comment, surely I ought to say something about the story as a whole. But the question is, what do you say about something like that? The conception, the imagery, the rhythm, are all exquisite; one feels that it would take only a slight exertion on your part to turn the whole thing into a narrative poem, on the order of "The Faerie Queene". (Which I might just like to see, actually, if you think you have it in you.) But, at the end of it all, I'm left not so much with a feeling of uncomplicated admiration as with a nagging sense that this story isn't quite what I came here to see. It's magnificent, yes, but it isn't really fanfiction, any more than "The Faerie Queene" was. The essential parts of it are all your own invention; the parts that aren’t, such as the names of the characters, seem frankly arbitrary. Change them around, and this story could be put in just about any fandom – or none, if you were to make the characters original, as well. In short, “Hermione Dreams” is exactly the wrong title for this story; it’s not about Hermione, as such, dreaming, but about the archetypal Beloved lost in the realms of delirium, and the archetypal Lover coming to her aid.

So my verdict is: a brilliant original story, severely weakened by its author’s insistence on making it into a Harry Potter fanfiction. And the sentence? Well, that’s up to you.

Sincerely,