FanFiction.Net
for Kiss In the Rain

6/15/2014 c1 DeletedAccount3498
Omg, this is perfect! *squeals*

Usually I don't like reading Annie/Finnick, because it's so cliche and Annie has been given such a two dimensional personality. But in this story, you really fleshed Annie out.

I like how you narrated her thoughts, I can imagine this happening in the series, and I like the district four references, some of the explanations to things happening in D4, how Annie and Finnick met, how the beginning of their relationship started, etc, her thoughts to the Games, it all felt very real and Annie seemed her own person, she was a very realistic character I could relate to as a reader in this story.

I especially like the gentle teasing, and the in jokes (if that's what you call them) between Finnick and Annie about her swimming, it gave their relationship a nice touch, and made it poigent. This is actually the best Annie/Finnick story I've read.

The paragraph about the Games changing Annie in a way that Finnick was never changed was very beautiful, I could love to read a sequel to this one where it has Finnick's view. The only issue I have with this is their first kiss, before Finnick's reaping. Annie was only 9 in that scene, and Finnick 14. At that age, their mental development should've been plenty different. Or at least I think so. I can't imagine a 9 year old thinking the same as a 14 year old, so it seems quite strange to me that Finnick would kiss her. Nine is essentially still a kid, you know.

I would suggest cutting it off just after Annie gives Finnick the bracelet, maybe have a paragraph on how Finnick's always Annie's mentor, or teacher and that's all he'll ever be. Then make them kiss in the later scenes, maybe when Annie's 14 and Finnick's 16, or when they're at least in their teens, and have Annie reflect on their relationship and how it's finally become more than just teacher/student.

That's all the constructive critic I have for this story. Please keep writing!

xx
HybridsRose
5/6/2014 c1 quackingturtles
I may be dying of cuteness.
3/23/2014 c1 fedoratricks
THIS IS AMAZING!
12/28/2013 c1 40Jaycie Victory
Oh man... So sad! Beautifully written. You nicely fleshed out Annie who seemed a little two-dimensional, gave substance to the theory of Finnick's love for her. And you made me near tears all over again at his dying! I miss Finnick :-( He was one of the worst losses. Great job.
2/15/2013 c1 4Mairi317
I loved this story!
1/7/2013 c1 Katie
This is a very cute story about finnick and Annie!:)
12/24/2012 c1 Guest
this is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read on this page.
Seriously, it's wonderful! It seems to fit, how Annie respects Finnick and how they support each other and in the end, how she thinks of him and what he gave her...
It's honestly very touching and beautiful and awesome and aaaah :D
great job :)
10/29/2012 c1 9lifechiaroscuro
Great fic!

Caity :)
9/3/2012 c1 2Forever.Finnick111
Awwwwwww this was beautiful :')
-Meg ;)
7/22/2012 c1 4Katniss451
This story was so sweet and wonderfully written. I love your take of the careers in district four. Very original. And the ending was amazing! I love Annie and Finnick!
7/18/2012 c1 Guest
I love that story. Love it. Now I'm gonna cry in a corner at it's beautifulness and wonder why Suzanne Collins had to kill Finnick off.
7/18/2012 c1 49TheOtherMaidOfTarth
That ending was so sad. Still love this though. It's bittersweet.
4/20/2012 c1 21broken halleluiah
Beautiful! Love the characterization, and the ending is so touching! :)
4/6/2012 c1 ruru-la
The ending made me cry. :( Really beautiful story!
4/1/2012 c1 CJuneK
I just feel so many emotions from your story! I also love the whole protector idea!
19 Page 1 2 Next »