FanFiction.Net
for Getting into the Holiday Spirit

11/27/2023 c5 1Nathem
this is such a good series I really hope u come back. I love how u relate the Jewish stuff to their life and how it somehow affected them even indirectly
10/7/2023 c1 149rebecca-in-blue
I usually love seeing Jewish holidays in fanfiction, but this read like really one long presentation of "Jews doing Jew stuff," and putting the religion on display like this has always rubbed me the wrong way. Danny's questions and the family's explanations felt pretty repetitive. I also have to take exception to the aunt screaming at the sight of bagels as if they're "a severed head." Yes, it was a faux-pas on Danny's part, but most Jews I know would be a good host by smoothing it over, not acting like it's the end of the world.
3/29/2023 c5 1Nathem
I've always been curious about Jewish traditions. I can't absorb the things I've read on google and I never actually met one. I doubt there's any where I live. anw thank u this has been informative to me
1/6/2020 c5 12BGuate224
Interesting take on Vlad. You had him saved but stripped of everything that made him. Which is a worse fate?
1/6/2020 c1 BGuate224
Wow! I learned a lot and it was really enlightening. Thank you. I also love how realistic and professional Phantom’s affairs became!
3/17/2019 c5 32Alexa Piper
OOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOODNESS
I clicked on this collection on a whim because I still had a while before I needed to go to bed and I'm so glad that I did! I adore the religious references! I'm an incredibly religious person myself and I've tried to learn a bit more about different religions of the world lately so I really enjoyed this. The first chapter especially was super interesting to me because of the inside view of the Passover. I like how you portrayed Danny as someone willing to try something unfamiliar to him to show his willingness to make things work. I love how you describe the little details in a way that any reader could understand. It's also nice to find some fanfiction that doesn't skim around the notion of religious people but treats religion as a normal thing (which it really is). So yeah, a bit tired now so I'm not sure how much this makes sense, but I really loved this!
11/9/2015 c5 28DannyFenton123
Vlad's alive... I probably should have figured that out on Chapter 2, right? .

But he's in a pretty bad position. I wonder what he'd do if that bracelet got taken off... Anyway, I loved the chapters, keep up the awesome work! :D
11/9/2015 c4 DannyFenton123
Haha! Oh wow, the ironic twist at the end made me laugh out loud! Loved it! :D
11/9/2015 c3 DannyFenton123
A little shorter, but tense. What about the ghost attack on the first chapter though?

Anyway, loving the chapters! :D
11/9/2015 c2 DannyFenton123
Awesome. It's unclear whether Vlad is alive or not at this point, but I enjoyed Jack's thoughts on the matter, after discovering the truth. Pretty awesome how you've still kept in tune with the Jewish theme! :D
11/9/2015 c1 DannyFenton123
Wow. Really entertaining and engaging; I loved Sam's family and though I've never been to a Seder it kept me absorbed the entire time!

Thanks for writing such an awesome chapter! :D
9/25/2015 c5 16truephan
Wonderful dribble! I enjoyed it but not half as much as still LOVING the title "Yam Kipper Surprise"! Very clever word play. Then again, I think you have great word play. Hope to read more of your stuff in the future.

truephan
9/18/2015 c5 103FallingNarwhals
I'm glad to see that you're getting back into writing!
I believe whole-heartedly that Vlad wouldn't have become a Frootloop if he had support from his friends, so I'm glad this chapter could go either way. Jack has regrets for leaving his friend in space AND not staying in contact with him for twenty years, and I'm sure Vlad has regrets for the crimes he's done.
I am very satisfied with this chapter.
9/18/2015 c5 7Goeno
I like this.
6/19/2014 c1 89Kiwi Lee Scipio
Finally, I find someone who remembers Sam's Jewish. If I knew more about the Jewish religion I'd have more stories (or at least ideas I could get somewhere) with that. Thank you!
30 Page 1 2 Next »