for ROG on Vacation

10/17/2020 c4 Guest
It's been 18 years. I gather that's all that will be coming?
1/1/2019 c1 ksecc1
Methos and Aragorn. They’re my two favorite characters ever! I love the concept of them sparring. Thanks for writing this.
11/4/2015 c4 Guest
Great story!
7/24/2014 c4 DeepBlueJoy
Quite an unusual story. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Blue
7/23/2014 c2 DeepBlueJoy
Interesting... Death rides... but he rides a phantom... scary anyway.

:-)
7/23/2014 c1 DeepBlueJoy
interesting beginning. You've captured the essence of both characters without using any cliche 'tics' that I noticed.

thanks.

blue
1/1/2014 c4 Guest
Fantastic story!
10/18/2013 c3 Baow
I'm so glad I found this fic. I was always hoping to find a good Methos In M.E. fic and I have. I really enjoyed it and look forward to checking out the sequel.
8/8/2013 c2 Vorpal
*** "The one name I've carried longer than any of the others is Methos. It's from the Greek word for myth, and I have the majority of Immortals convinced that is exactly what he, or rather, I am-a myth."

They the show pronounces "Methos" is almost identical to modern/post-Medieval Greek for "myth", yes, but having it actually "come from" there doesn't make any sense at all in-universe. Firstly, because the name "Methos" predates his mythical status-among the Four Horseman, he wouldn't be singled out in this way compared to his brothers-in-arms. Secondly, because Methos is older than even the very ancient Ionic or Doric dialects of Greek. Heck, he's at least as old, and perhaps even older, than the presence of the Proto-Greek tribes in the southern Balkans. Methos is literally too old for his origins to have much to do with Greek.

So in-universe, the most plausible explanation is that his name had a different origin and meaning, but when it was later Hellenized, the result happened to be a homonym to "myth"/μῦθος. The os part is probably due to Hellenization (one of standard classical Greek endings for male names); the rest is up in the air.

Methos is definitely BSing his audience about the origin of his name. But I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's not like they can check or would care to do so even if they could.
6/7/2013 c1 1Huginn the Raven
it always astounds me how perceptive fictional people are. a totally innocuous meeting, no wordy innuendo of any sort, no strange inflection or tone, etc etc and yet somehow those not in the know can always "sense" when something hasn't immediately been revealed to them.
4/7/2013 c4 Guest
Great story!
7/9/2012 c4 14Countess Millarca
It's one of the best crossovers I have ever read! Very well written and a really interesting plot! Thanks for sharing this! I can't wait to read the sequel:)
6/8/2011 c1 11FanLass
this very good and i am enjoying the concept of this crossover. Being a fan of Lord of the rings and Highlander it is a natural. I can not wait to find out what happens! good Job writing.
1/6/2011 c3 2Fantasy's Reflection
I admit, I was a bit skeptical to start, but this is a great story! It has a nice pacing, with a good blend of humor and drama. The mystery aspect is well done, too. Best by far, however, is that it is NOT overdone, something sadly common in many crossover fictions. My thanks!
7/28/2009 c4 31FireChildSlytherin5