for Her Heart of Darkness

4/26/2012 c1 8tukct81
It's funny that I was just listening to this song today and thinking about DE. I think your analysis of Elena is spot on and insightful. My favorite line was "They lay the blame on the strongest among them, coddle the weak, and pretend they are blameless because that is the only way they know how to survive in a world that has gone crazy." Perfect summary of how Damon is always made out to be the bad guy. Great story.
4/26/2012 c1 11VeraDeDiamant
I really love it! The experiment with song was great:)

And I agree with what you wrote. I really do. Now Elena makes me angry every single time I see her. There was a time when I thought that she is smarter than Bella Swan, but I'm really beginning to see that I was wrong...

I especially love this beautiful interpretation of Damon's feelings:

"Somewhere along in the bitterness

Before anyone ever got to know him, his brother set him up as the one everyone should love to hate. Set him up as the bad guy, even while his brother forgot to mention all his own horrible sins. No matter what has happened since, they have held this image because they need someone to strike out at. And he made himself an easy target. First by not caring enough, then by caring more than he is cared for. They say they forgive him while still holding his sins against him. He is still the outsider, the one that came last. The easiest target for the bitterness the three girls feel a need to direct anywhere but at themselves. They lay the blame on the strongest among them, coddle the weak, and pretend they are blameless because that is the only way they know how to survive in a world that has gone crazy."

:):):)

It was great! I want more!:):):)
4/25/2012 c1 Crimson-Kiss17
EXACTLY.

I was pissed with her commenting that she "didn't know" if she had feelings for Damon. Make up your mind and stop manipulating his feelings!
4/25/2012 c1 1Mr. Phenomenal
In my opinion it was more like a rant then a story, an exceptional rant no doubt but still a rant. Elena hasn't really done anything to warrant such a dislike, but to each their own.
4/25/2012 c1 19wsm021
That was so strategically done, so smart. I almost wish Damon had said all of that, but I understand why he didn't. Elena is emotionally challenged in a way that is probably detrimental to her health. It's enough that he put the success and/or failure of their relationship on her shoulders. I don't have much faith in her (none really) but at least if Damon walks she won't have anyone to blame but her damn self. Hopefully cannon Damon will channel this and actually follow through.