for Dust Devils

3/31/2016 c10 Shazza85
Oh Dean your always just so " fine" until damned if your not fine at all. A harrowing chapter!
3/31/2016 c8 Shazza85
You have created a creepy, unstable bad guy with old Slaid! I'm sure not pleased that he can move through time on the wind. Looking toward reading more even though I know more bad is coming for Pally, Old Jeb and the girls!
3/31/2016 c5 Shazza85
Loved the whole chapter, but after watching Dean for the last 11 years, my favorite line was " it tasted like ass with a hint of cinnamon". Perfect!
3/30/2016 c2 Shazza85
I'm so glad this story is so long. It starts out as a case, but then suddenly its The Grapes of Wrath. I'm excited for the boys to eventually wake and find they are in 2 different milliniums! Strong start, really looking forward to reading!
2/22/2016 c21 Cornish Girl
I am re-reviewing this story, because I simply didn't say enough last time. I have now read this fic for the fifth time, and I always marvel at the glory of it. Superb writing and plotting, outstanding characterization, an emotional roller-coaster that just doesn't quit. Time travel stories can be very tricky, especially as so much depends on OCs that are total strangers to the reader, yet must quickly be established as viable characters the reader cares about. Here, Florabel just *sings* as a character, and as I in general don't care to read about OCs who are children, I was blown away (no pun intended!) by her immense personality. We see Dean through the eyes of a child who can't judge him the way an adult does, and yet she sees into his soul. Emma, too, is very engaging both as a mother and a caregiver. It would have been too easy to turn this into a romance, and I'm glad you didn't. It was fascinating, also, to see the outer trappings Dean has tacked on completely stripped away, so the core loyalty and protective drive he feels for his brother is laid bare in new ways. And while the bulk of the story was Dean in 1935, there was enough of Ellen, Sam, and Bobby trying to find answers and a way to rescue Dean that the balance felt true. At any rate, just wanted to leave a more detailed review. This is a massively impressive accomplishment, and I have serious writer envy. 8-)
2/16/2016 c21 7NoilyPrat
Yeah, Dean doesn't do the whole emotional thing. Although he tries, now, at full moons.

Glad Ellen's putting on the tats. And yeah, Sam, being Sam, would push to help. Which wouldn't.

Again, I have to say I really enjoyed the way you captured the scene, and the characters. Very impressed. Love it. Thanks for your hard work.
2/16/2016 c20 NoilyPrat
My daughter wants you to know that this chapter's ending is "So Sad!"
I really enjoy the way you've got Bobby and Ellen, Sam and Dean. Ellen telling Bobby not to give her mouth to mouth without a breathmint - perfect!

And glad the Emma was able to exact her revenge on Slaid, and her goodbye to Dean (and explain) and her baby girl. Thank you.
2/16/2016 c19 NoilyPrat
How awful Florabel's life turned out ...

but I love that last line "Welcome back, big brother."
2/16/2016 c18 NoilyPrat
WOW - don't know that I can say anything else... but really like the return trip spell, and everything happening. You draw pictures with your words - so well, it's like *I* have to duck the wind and the backlash!
2/16/2016 c17 NoilyPrat
OK, loving Florabel grown up. Just like Ellen. hehehehehe...

Feeling really bad for Dean.
2/16/2016 c16 NoilyPrat
I'll bet seeing Sam for Florabel was a shock - probably greater than Sam seeing Dean in 1935! When he gets Dean back, he'll laugh at the overalls, cause that isn't Dean.

It's a special scene - very sad - both for Dean to explain to Emma he can't stay, and the scene with Florabel. You handled it very well - wonderful moments for Dean, who hates emotional moments.

And that cruel Slaid - he must've planned well, although he didn't know Dean could try to bring Emma back. And it LOOKS like he's killing her, doesn't it?! ARGH!
2/16/2016 c15 NoilyPrat
Love that grown up Doc! Interesting nickname ya gave her - I could see that happening.

SOOO happy when Ellen saw the picture, and the truth came out! SOOOO happy that Florabel knows the truth about Sam!

Feel for Dean, tied up. Understandable - with him being so sick. But that makes him helpless against Slaid! LOVE what he told the man - I know what you look like as a ghost. You ain't getting any older!
And now Dean's drugged to death... no, oh please, no!
2/15/2016 c14 NoilyPrat
Wanted to say - keep forgetting when I get to the bottom all of the things I want to say - that I really got a kick out of how Dean reacted when his memories came back, and thoughts and words he'd said - get the camera away, living in the 30's, union jacks - long underwear! (wondered what they were)

Yikes, cleaning Dean up - I ain't heard nothin' 'bout that in my entire life. Great job. *shiver*

Laughing - yeah, I thought it might be Florabel, right about the time Dean gave her the doctor's stuff.
2/15/2016 c13 NoilyPrat
oh wow oh wow OH WOW! Great spell - wonderful effect - love the fact Sam grabbed Dean... and Dean got his memories!
But now he's more screwed than ever.
2/15/2016 c12 NoilyPrat
Perfect birthday day.

Oops, Sam, you've been caught! Drats... bet that will bite you in the butt.

Noooooo... oh Dean... like Emma says, you're only seeing the corner! Emma's a smart lady. And now there's another black blizzard ... oh no!
376 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »