for Dust Devils

4/5/2014 c21 152Marcus S. Lazarus
Interesting bit of work, I’ll give you that.
The opening created an intriguing hunt for the Winchesters- particularly when the time-travel angle was introduced, considering that this is set at the point BEFORE Dean and Sam had access to the guy who could do that for them with relative ease if they needed it- as well as presenting some interesting associates for Dean in particular (The people at Sam’s end seemed to just be the guys who found him where he fell, particularly when Bobby and Ellen showed up to help).
Your exploration of Dean’s current time period was well-handled, as was your gradual introduction of Slaid as the ‘villain’ of the piece (He might think that he controlled the elemental, but we’ve seen enough rituals to know that they can backfire), to say nothing of the temporal possibilities introduced when Sam stated that the spirit that attacked them seemed to recognise Dean (foreshadowing Dean being attacked for things that he hasn’t done yet, perchance?).
Dean’s relationship with Florabel in the past is particularly well-handled, neatly exploring Dean’s sometimes-difficult but always-effective ability to take on the role of a father figure when the situation demands it, combined with the ever-present subtle threat posed by Slaid’s resentment of his own situation even as it’s presented in a manner that ensures we can never sympathise with him (Wanting respect is fine; wanting OBEDIENCE is something else entirely) even before we learn what he did to Florabel.
Dean’s initial misinterpretation of his flashbacks is also handled well, giving him a plausible reason for his desire for ignorance before Sam, Ellen and Bobby make contact, and Ellen’s meeting with the present Florabel adds a perfect twist to the storyline, giving them the perfect opportunity to learn what happened back then when they don’t even know that time travel’s possible yet, and twists in the past were also chillingly effective, putting Dean in an awkward position that he can’t defend on his own even as his family race against time to get him back (Albeit in a very complicated manner).
Still, in the end, the resolution is as satisfactory as one could expect, given the complexity of the situation; the villain dies twice, a final farewell is exchanged, and Dean gets to see that someone he saved and cared a great deal about went on to live a long and happy life, even if he might wish he could have seen her live that life with him…
3/10/2014 c21 lynnstar
This was an incredible story, I couldn't stop reading. The details were so well drawn, it just pulled you into both sides of the story. I rarely like outside characters, but you wrote them so well and it made Dean's path so interesting. I definitely will have to look up your other stories fi they're even half as well written as this.
2/28/2014 c21 marshala
Just finished story for second time. This one of the best stories I've read on this site. I absolutely loved it! You have a great talent for writing. You nailed the characters & the story line was riveting from start to finish. I have read all of your other stories as well, they are all great but this one's my favorite so far. Looking forward to your next story so please keep writing!
2/26/2014 c21 Angel
Awesome ! terrific WoW !
11/30/2013 c21 chick feed
So, scroll through all the Destiel, Samstiel and every other stiel shorty "romance" now totally overloading this site, and finally you'll stumble across some really great writing and genuine stories; the best of which is this. Beautifully done, really, beautifully done and I very much appreciate the work you put into it. Every single word. There was even tears when I read some parts! Emotive, heart rendering, superb. Thank you.
Chick
10/18/2013 c21 Guest
I want to congratulate you on a well written, entertaining story. I discovered it as I have been reading one of your WIP's. The characters are intriguing and Sam and Dean are so in character. Appreciate you taking the time to share this story with us. Hurt Dean is a favorite of mine and of course this delivered plenty of that.
10/18/2013 c21 laily.spenstar
I read your other story, Jai Guru Deva Om, and I really like it!So I thought,maybe you have other interesting I started to read this piece.I couldn't stop reading it until the last IS THE BEST STORY EVER! I love the characters Florabel, Emma and Old relationship between Dean and Florabel and Emma is just beautiful. I couldn't stop crying during the last few chapters, what happened to Emma, and Florabel. It was very emotional, beautifully written. I can literally feel what Florabel felt. You capture their emotions very well. Well done! I'll be sticking to your stories from now on. You're such an amazing writer! Keep it up!
7/13/2013 c21 19MoonClaimed
This is a great story. Absolutely astounding pacing and plot, and I just love the OCs you created. Amazing job!
5/20/2013 c1 LittleLurker
I'm happy to have found you outside ffdotnet...
I've read all your stories outside and I'm really ashamed to admit that I only left a looong comment for the last one I read: "Dust Devils". Anyway, reading through some of the comments at the end of this fabulous story also brought me to your ffdotnet profile. :-) ...which I will check for new fic periodically from now on.

Thanks so much for writing such beautiful stories and for sharing them on LJ and here.

My best wishes to you and yours!
D.
3/26/2013 c21 Guest
Best story on the site! Thanks so much for witting this, you tore at my heart so many times.
1/30/2013 c14 92jojospn
Dah dah daaah! Somehow I should not have been surprised! :D
1/30/2013 c9 jojospn
So far I am really liking this! Great story, and Dean's bond with Florabel is beyond cute!
1/17/2013 c21 Audoo
Just wanted to let you know that I was at a conference today supposedly learning about Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplants and really I was wishing I could go home and finish this! I made myself stop last night just before Sam and Florabel were going to meet otherwise I knew I wouldn't get ANY sleep. I love love LOVE your work :). Thanks and please keep it up! You are wonderful.
12/29/2012 c21 Wowzah
To be honest, I came across this story by accident. But lem'me say this, I am so glad that I did. You almost had me reading this at work.
11/25/2012 c21 Celodie
Hello there!

I discovered this story a few days ago and just couldn’t stop reading it! It is amazing! I fell in love with Florabel, Emma, Old Jeb, Pally…

So I really wanted to thank you for this wonderful work! You got talent, no doubt about it, and I’ll be reading anything you’ll write with great pleasure.

Take care,