for The Raven

7/3/2014 c31 23Byakugan789
Mmk. So not quite the same as last time.

I give the story 8/10 over all. Well written, good characterization. It was a good novelization of Raven /w alternate background. My big complaint is that I'd expected it to change a lot more than that given the cross overs. There was quite a bit of great original content, but there was also quite a bit of weird stuff where you did everything you could to reinforce the entire plotline of the Teen Titans cartoon in spite of everything you'd already set up that would have openly, easily and logically changed it.

Still, given the quality I'll probably look at and even review on some of your other works. Cheers!
7/3/2014 c27 Byakugan789
Mother is the name of god on the lips and hearts of children. William Makepeace Thackeray
7/3/2014 c26 Byakugan789
It's a beautiful novelization, but for all the effort you put into writing an alternate backstory...you've changed absolutely nothing...? While i can't say i didn't somewhat enjoy the story up to this point... I have to ask what was the point? If youre not going to change ANYTHING that happened in canon, instead only making a backstory that specifically reinforces canon... Why? Why go to all the effort, the time, the rewarching of episodes for form justifications and plot lines?

Well, I'll go on and finish it, but one does hope something new will happen. You did after say you were making a cross over and despite what the lower caliber of FFdotNet seem to thing, that involves changing things other than swapping out the names of characters.
7/2/2014 c23 Byakugan789
The DCU's R.A.G.N.A.R.O.C. Protocol. Yup. End of the world where heroes don't swarm in to help are either spur of the moment or simultaneous worldwide siege events.
7/2/2014 c20 Byakugan789
Reading your descriptions of the 'new kids' Sounds again, disturbingly like the senshi.
7/2/2014 c19 Byakugan789
GOD lied to little raven? ...WOW! Talk about a dick move. Now he's either just sacrificed the entire dimension to Trigon, because raven will be able to think, oh, well, i did my best, gramps can just reset the world again later... Or, he's holding out and it'll be just that much greater a betrayal when he finally gives her the truth, robbing her of whatever control she's gained up to that point. GOOD JOB! Idiot...
7/1/2014 c16 Byakugan789
Not so funny anymore is he little raven?

I guess this is your alternate for why Raven's voice is permanently throaty? In the comics it happen when she was 8? 9? The High priest Zinthos had died at her father's hands and despite all that living in Metrion and being tutored by the high priest himself had taught her she was still unable to save him. Cried for nine days straight and leveled a mountain range. In the cartoon i believe it was something to do with her mother and finding out why everyone was scared of her and the angst and shock that gave her.
In both cases it prompted her to run away from the city of ascended demigod monks and travel back to earth, the planet she was to doom so that she could explore it and get a feel for what she was going to be responsible for destroying.
7/1/2014 c14 Byakugan789
Well... that was... odd. I don't suppose the new kid is going to show up in the titans? Rofl, be hilarious to see Akane end up as beastboy or robin. Both were the canon love interests for raven in the titans comic and teen titans cartoon. Not so much robin in the cartoon though till that final arc, but considering you're changing the souls that might not happen to begin with...
Curiouser and curiouser...
I'll be looking forward to seeing where this goes. Great and terrible things appear to be in this stories future.
7/1/2014 c8 Byakugan789
Raven's mom and the church of blood?
7/1/2014 c5 Byakugan789
Aww... No roasting him over an open fire? Live pig roast would have been such a good death for him! Ahwell, at least he dies a pig and by your rules will be a pig in soul.
6/6/2014 c31 3Crensler
Okay, this was just plain awesome. No lie. Thanks for the great read w
5/4/2014 c31 cned14
Cannot wait for the sequel I like the fusion it was awesome
2/23/2014 c2 3frytrix
Ah right, didnt notice the ranma permanent female notice before now, backtracked after i finished Chapter Reading Chapter 2.
Permanent female Ranma rings a strong dislike in it for me, as Authors always find it fun to pair him With male making it slash. Born male allways male, that is my opinion either way. A sorry i am starting to rant will stop here.

I will stop Reading here as i dont want to read further to see what kind of pairing you have for him. I wish you good Luck With the story either way.
2/19/2014 c29 1Cor Strike FX
Keep up the nice work.

Incidentally, I suppose you had to change things a little from the cartoon version of this arc - I recall you had Raven give the Teen Titans the Ring(s) of Azeroth. While in the cartoon, Slade gave handed them the rings.
2/10/2014 c31 JanusGodOfPossibilities
Excellent chapter/fic. 4,000/10

Now that Raven isn't connect to Trig', and had all that Light/Holy energy running/channeled through her, how is that going to effect the source of her powers? Did it have a cleansing effect? For some reason I have a thought of Raven thinking aloud at some point and a plant answering back, like a Lighter more pure connection to Nature than Poison Ivy does, now that she isn't connected to such a Dark tainted source of power having that energy that Bell, Odin(?) and Frigg channeled through/into her Ravens source/pool of power might have connnected her to a purer source/pool of power than her original darker tainted one.

You also mentioned the Sailor Senshi in the groups who were fighting in the earlier Nabiki scene, what's going to happen with their Crystal Tokyo dream after the Great Freeze now that there are all these other heroes around to possibly prevent it, especially with the revelation of what would have happened to everyone's souls if Raven had failed.
296 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »