for Blood brothers

11/6/2012 c1 13Numpty
Heeeyyyy you!

This is me finally catching up with all the people on my 'to read' list! :)

his little brothers mouth flapping like a tarp in the wind - Love it!

"Anyway, we have our hands full, now tell me you figured out the rest of that Word of God mumbo jumbo, cause I'm ready for a healthy serving of Dick on a stick." - Ah Dean, you have such a poetic way with words!

"Yeah," he yells, leaping from his seat. "And what good has that done any of us huh? I did the best I could and brought you back from the dead, you did the best you could and let Lucifer free, Bobby did the best he could and now he is one step away from being Casper the vengeful ghost! Cas did the best he could and fell from heaven, for me! Because of me!" He slams the chair into the table, watching as the vial of blood tilts to the side. - This is brilliant. So insightful, and so Dean. It really highlights how hopeless and defeated he seemed during S7

Dean resists the urge to throw the words back in his face, remembering so many times when he needed to hear that and all he got was grief. - Oh boys!

He longs to feel his baby roar to life, to feel her rumble in contentment as he eats up miles of road, to feel like he has a home. - So sad, but gorgeously written!

Sorrow hits him like a wrecking ball in the chest - Awesome. Just...Bravo!

It's too much. No one can be expected to take this much on and not crack apart from the pressure, no body can possibly watch everyone they love be broken and twisted and still find some sort of reason to get out of bed. - Yes! Exactly! This is what I wanted to tell all those who were so dismissive of Dean's depression in S7. I mean, give the guy a break!

He closes the chasm with determination - Oh I like that!

Saving people. Hunting things. The family business.

He's never wanted out so badly in his life. - Ah jeez, what an ending! Love how you contrast the two sentiments, it really shows just how much things have changed for Dean.

This was a wonderful one-shot hun! You've really done a great job of getting inside Dean's head - ever considered a career in psychology?! Also loved Sam in this, his concern was so lovely to read and was perfectly in character.

LOVED it!
5/14/2012 c1 39IrishNun
'Broken... just like everything else.'

oooh, very good. poor deanie. you're right he is getting very cold and angry but i still love him!
5/11/2012 c1 ccase13
Dean really is in a very hard place. Castiel is in not so bad a place. Castiel did fix Sam and is on his way to helping fix the leviathan problem he let out, even if he is changed.
5/10/2012 c1 sylia91
Dean is so close to breaking that when it happens he will just shatter into tiny fragments. Sam at least feels redeemed and no longer insane has hope but Dean is sinking fast with no life preserver. I'm not sure how he still functioning at this point. When the breakdown happens I do hope they give Jensen the chance to really explore and run it to it's full end. It likely would be Emmy worthy I'm sure.
5/9/2012 c1 2Shinobu yami
I loved it!

I see Dean as well, carrying all the guilt of the world, too tired, knowing that no matter what he does, he will never be enough. Dean knows he can not save anyone.

The coolness of Dean is nothing but a desperate act to avoid being hurt even more and finally break. I wanted to see Dean break, get to the collapse that Jensen said that Dean had to come sooner or later, because it's impossible to have so much on his shoulders, being so alone and find a way to cure completely without getting lost before.

But, unfortunately, I think Dean's suffering will never be treated as the care that must be by the writers of the series. The pain of Dean was never important to them before and never will be.

Your text is amazing!
5/9/2012 c1 8Sharlot
This is so tense and sad. I can literally feel Dean's rod about to snap in two. After everything, I think I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet. This was agonizingly lovely, Puddin'! Well done!
5/9/2012 c1 21My2BrownEyes
This was cathartic. Dean has seemed especially lost without Cas. I understand why the writers have been stripping away everything the Winchesters have come to rely on, but then bringing those things back so changed, as much as I love seeing Bobby &Cas again, seems extra cruel. Still, your story gives Dean a chance to reflect and somewhat process it. Thanks.
5/9/2012 c1 365SupernaturallyEgocentric
Love this, especially the last line.
5/9/2012 c1 Hundley
I agree with your comments in this chapter. Dean is not functioning well at all. Your story was very well written. It's just that I have no sympathy for Cas at all, so I didn't like the focus of Dean's condition being focused on Cas. Cas, as far as I am concerned, has too much focus as it is. Cas, as far as I am concerned, woke up, marveling at the mysteries of life, while not accepting any responsibility for his actions. Be happy, don't worry Cas doesn't work with me.

This, of course, does not reflect on your story in any way, except that the very mention of Cas drives me up the wall :)
5/9/2012 c1 HeavensDemonicAngel
I feel so sorry for Dean esp in s7, he's my fave character, but the poor guy really is at the end of his rope, and heading for a meltdown. In a way, I'm kinda hoping that he does cos you just know Jensen will be even more amazing. But we all know, they'll build it up, and then it'll never happen... or someone else (Sam) will probably have one out of nowhere and Dean will have to be all worried as per usual.

I just wish someone would take care of Dean for once, instead of him always taking care of everyone else. The poor guy needs a break... and a hug. :o(

Anyway, good job. :o)

BTW, the Impala is supposed to back in the finale. But i'll most likely be skipping that ep cos I've hated the past 3 finales.
5/9/2012 c1 16What You See in the Shadows
Awesome. You write for Dean really well. A great look into his mind and emotions.