for Life, in Shades of Purple

6/5/2020 c6 thebestbooks
This is a lovely story, I read it through in a night. It reads beautifully, and carries just the right mix of nostalgia and joy, sadness and the want for a diffrent time. overall a wonderful read.
6/4/2017 c6 4LapisAlba
That's such a well written and slightly devastating story. I confess that I cried at times because the wording is so thought provoking and contradictory that it mesmerised me. It was truly heartbreaking yet you managed to convey the "okay-ness" that they talked about throughout the story and I can see how you made it "okay" in the end.
Well done
7/16/2016 c6 Guest
I. Loved. Your. Story. Inspired me
2/2/2016 c6 Guest
This was soooooo good.
11/18/2015 c6 Heksie
9/20/2015 c6 191minibugandkittynoir
This was amazing. I'm speechless.
9/10/2014 c6 Guest
You'll probably never read this, but, in case you do, I wanted you to know that I found your story a few hours ago, & read it all at once, cuz I couldn't put it down. Phenomenal story; I was completely hooked...& I agree w whoever said your story is like 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. I feel like I read a movie, & I wish it didn't have to end. Thanks.
10/27/2013 c6 2Tigerlily02
I absolutely love this story, and I truly hope that you will continue it! Splendid work!
4/27/2013 c6 85shywr1ter
I was so happy to see this update, and though I hated to see this tale end, I was so glad to see it come to the place you ended it to go.

This story is so beautifully poignant and elegant, with a thread of the magical through it between the lines, somehow. I saw the comment left by a reader who was reminded of To Kill a Mockingbird, and so strongly agree - it's THAT sort of magical glimmer, like a childhood memory, that haunts this story; there's so much to like in every chapter, but it's that overall tone-painting here that makes this so hauntingly lovely.

I have never read another "team as children" fic and never planned to read one, until I found this, and am so glad I dove in. I'm rambling and I'm sorry, but this leaves me too mushy to be articulate. Thank you so much for this story - it's now one of my favorites.
4/26/2013 c6 48mon-petit-pois
I don't even know how to describe to you how much I love this story. I don't know how to begin. I told you that this reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird, right? And to be honest it's even more well-written. Your use of metaphors and the motif of gray/purple and eberything in between is flawless. I can't... I can't even tell you how much I love it. I wish I could write more about it but dammit I'm so tired (I just reread the whole thing and it's late). But you should know that I laughed out loud at "McTimberlake."

You made all of the emotions of the characters come to life in such an eloquent and personal and realistic way. It's just... Perfect. I can only hope that eventually I will be able to write as poetically and artistically as you do.

This being said- you mentioned at the end of chapter five that you are considering writing a ziva one shot. After this chapter especially, I'm really eager to read it (if you are up to writing it of course). The mentions of her past (Eli's harsh upbringing, the scars, the crying) all make me want to know so much more. I'm hoping the idea's still on the table for you. I will go back and review every single chapter in detail if that's what it takes.

Your writing is fantastic. Your storytelling abilities are unparalleled. Your creativity and raw, unashamed HUMANITY that you incorporate into this never fails to astound me. Please never doubt your writing abilities. To paraphrase Toy Story, you've got a fan in me.

-Allison
4/25/2013 c6 11DeltaDawn37
YOU'RE BACK! YESYEYES I WAS AFRAID YOU WERE DEAD! :D :D :D

Um, amazing chapter, just like the rest of them. You think far too lowly of your work. Really, it was great. I almost cried at the end.

I'm so glad you're writing again...but what have you thought of, well, pretty much the entire storyline since January? It's been my emotional undoing. Kudos if you're coping better.

Well, hope you write more soon...i'm glad your writers' block's gone away.

Cheers (all things considered, I guess it's more like not-so-cheers),
-Jenny
4/25/2013 c6 24Belker
Wonderful! Thank you for this.
4/25/2013 c6 84TapesAndRecords
I'm so so sad this is over
I mean
it's over
and it's so wonderful
And guess which over-emotional idiot teared up at the end? *points to self* This, this over-emotional idiot
I absolutely adore this story. I don't know what it is about it, but it hooked me in right away and when I saw there was an update this morning, I genuinely cheered. Like, aloud, with a "yay" and everything. It may just be your amazing writing- I love your style, you do inner monologues astoundingly well but still stay in third person, which is a feat in and of itself- or maybe it's the whole idea of this, but it's utterly brilliant and I know I'm gonna remember this fic for a long time. AUs are always touch and go for me, but this one is just something else and I love it.
Of course I'm still here and of course I'm still reading and of course I'll review. You got something good, here.
-Kiera.
4/25/2013 c6 allyjayrunaway
I'mmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaccckkk! Hey it's me the gusher. It's been awhile hasn't it? I'm so disappointed that you would ever doubt yourself! Remember I told you that you were the next James Patterson? I stand by that still. You are amazing, your stories are incredible, and I believe in you. I really do. Mattie (it's purple )
4/25/2013 c6 ncis-1001
it's definitely ended on a successful note, thanks for sticking with it :)
132 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »