for Body Bending

9/9/2020 c13 Guest
visser 3's already seen a dead andalite...uhhh remember elfangor?
10/16/2019 c22 LittleWolf
You misspelled tiercel.
9/9/2019 c31 TrenJurgen
It has been six years. Please continue the story.
7/14/2018 c31 thahadths
Hopefully, you see this and continue the fic! It works weirdly well!
2/3/2017 c30 TacticianLyra
Hoping to see this continued one day.
10/13/2016 c31 1ILikeReading1
This story is a brilliant piece of work. Well done! Can't wait to see what happens next, or the kind of mayhem Toph is gonna wreak on the Yeerks!
9/16/2016 c31 31Mace sheperd
I hope you update soon because I'm really looking forward to seeing Toph and Marco's date! This is an awesome animorphs crossover, you've portrayed the animorphs personalities perfectly! Please update soon!
9/16/2016 c30 Mace sheperd
So toph is getting some morphs from the world of Avatar the last airbender, AWESOME!

I'm really hoping you'll continue this story as I'm hooked to it, and your story is a really great crossover! ( according to the description you haven't updated in three years)

I mean in this crossover you portray Aximili so accurately and I love the yeerk's reaction to toph's bending ability!
9/16/2016 c27 Mace sheperd
Awesome fight scene, this creature is obviously very powerful if it can do that much damage to a pitbull, poor toph!'

Also I myself own a pitbull his name is Rocky! And he's very friendly and hyper active and he loves everyone!
9/3/2016 c31 46Maran Zelde
I like how Toph bested the ape creature with teamwork and planning. But yeah, she really should have told the others first.

Chapter 30 raises an interesting question: will Toph be able to “body bend” after she returns to her world permanently?

Also, I understand that Toph is the main character, but I think it would have been more interesting to take one of the other Animorphs to the Avatar-verse instead to acquire the mix-and-match animals. That way we'd get to see them react to the strangeness. Plus, if the Elimist took Rachel there, she'd acquire new morphs that would give her a much-needed advantage and would help save her life (maybe – I still haven't read that part of the series yet). I don't know if Rachel would have trusted the Elimist, but perhaps he wouldn't have given her a choice. Oh, well.

It's a shame you didn't finish this. I would've liked to read about Toph and Marco's blossoming relationship, and it would've been fun to see the other Animorphs react to the animal morphs from Toph's world. I hope you're still writing even if it's not fanfiction.
9/1/2016 c28 Maran Zelde
I'm glad chapter 25 made it clear that Toph did regret having to kill the human-Controller and the Hork-Bajir.

Speaking from personal experience, force-feeding birds is the worst. That's why their medications are usually injected, although are some oral medications that are more like tiny dissolving tablets than pills. But I'm sure wildlife medical treatments have improved since the nineties.

The look into the mind of the pit bull is intriguing, and it would make a lot of sense if it's true. And I think it's good that Toph lost the fight with the ape creature, because she was starting to seem overpowered. It's good that you introduced an enemy that's a match for her.
8/22/2016 c24 Maran Zelde
“I just hope like anything that someone never figures out a way to go one step further with it and take someone's bending away permanently.”

Doesn't this story take place after Aang took away Ozai's firebending? Other than that little inconsistency, though, you did a good job writing Toph's POV.

It makes sense that Toph would be an exceptionally good “body bender” since she is already good at bending one natural element. At the same time, you could run the risk of making her too overpowered compared to the rest of the group.

Since I haven't read the entire Animorphs series yet, I'm not sure how much of the Andalite ceremony is canon and how much is your own invention. I think that's a credit to your ability to world-build.

And in this chapter, Toph finally got to kick Yeerk butt! She saved a lot of people just by draining that Yeerk pool. I did think it was strange that she only had to steel herself to kill when she did that, but not when she shot human-Controller. I mean, I know she's killed people before, when she helped Sokka destroy Ozai's fleet of airships, but I'd think that even Toph would be shaken about taking lives even though she knew she made the right decision. She's not Aang, but she's not Avatar Kyoshi either. She's still just a 14 year old girl.
8/14/2016 c18 Maran Zelde
I'm with Toph on the hair salon smells. They make my throat and eyes sting if I'm in there for more than half an hour (which you usually have to be to get a haircut). I can't imagine working there.

This chapter made me realize why the Animorphs wouldn't morph into other humans all the time. There is something unsettling about acquiring another human's DNA without asking for their permission or explaining what you are doing. I remember in one of the early books, Cassie felt weird about acquiring the whale's DNA because he was so intelligent and majestic. Still, there's no denying that it's useful, and if they could spare other people from becoming Controllers, I say they should do whatever it takes. Becoming a Controller sounds like a fate worse than death for most people.
8/10/2016 c14 Maran Zelde
It felt weird that Toph so emotional with Jake, but then again she's never been able to see before, so it's hard to know how she'd react. I also didn't expect Toph to pick up on Jake's and Cassie's attraction so soon, since it seemed more downplayed than Rachel and Tobias, at least in the books I read.

Toph's comparison of Marco and Sokka makes sense, since they're both sarcastic and smart with a goofy side. But Sokka seems a bit better at thinking on his feet, from what I can tell so far.
I like reading about food in novels, so I enjoyed Toph's first time eating french fries and a hot dog with ketchup.

While I was reading the books, I was wondering if they could acquire and morph into other humans. And if so, why wouldn't they do that all the time? They could trick the Controllers that way. Or maybe they do that eventually and I just haven't read that far yet.

The pace of this story slows down drastically after Toph meets the Animorphs. I feel a bit torn about this. On one hand, part of the appeal of this type of crossover is to see how a character from one world would react to a completely different world, so I don't fault you for exploring that to the fullest. On the other hand, the Elimist did give Toph a mission, and the Animorphs typically don't seem to have this much time to simply relax and be normal teens.

Since this chapter talks a lot about different bird species, I felt the need to weigh in on ravens and crows since they often get a bad rap. I have a lot more hands-on experience with the American Crow than its larger relative, but they seem very similar. And I actually like crows a lot. It's true that they are thieves, but I prefer the less judgmental term “opportunists” when describing this behavior in animals. Crows are very social and intelligent, and can recognize and remember human faces, and if a human mistreats them, they will warn their flock about them. And of course, they can learn to talk!
8/6/2016 c10 Maran Zelde
I don't know if you'll read this, but I thought I'd leave a review.

First off, I finally read about ten of the Animorphs books, and I wish I had read them as a teen, since I would have appreciated them a lot more. They're still enjoyable even if the narration is a bit simplistic and the descriptions of settings are somewhat sparse (although when it comes to the descriptions of Earth settings, I'm guessing the author wanted it to seem like anytown, USA, but apparently the Animorphs live within a couple of hours' driving distance from the ocean – my best guess is they live in northern California). Anyway, there's still a lot to like about the books even as an adult. The protagonists are likable enough, the concepts of morphing and parasitic aliens are creative, and there is some surprisingly dark subject matter with the Controllers and the canabalistic Taxxons – heck, Ax's older brother gets eaten alive in the first book, as this fanfic mentions. I haven't gotten to Rachel's death yet in the series, but that sounds dark as well.

But on to the crossover. The characters are all IC and I actually think you wrote their dialog a bit more realistically than Applegate did – although that may be partly because you don't feel the need to censor profanity as much as she did. I love Toph's nicknames and the different characters' reactions to each others' powers. I also didn't realize that Yeerks in their natural state are blind, so they want hosts that can see. Though having arms and legs probably feels really good to them, too.

I was a bit surprised that Toph didn't understand what a handshake was, since Water Tribe people greet each other in a similar way – although they grab the arm closer to the elbow, IIRC.

I loved the moment when Toph first saw as a bat. And I figured that if anyone would be okay with eating bugs, it would be Toph.
138 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »