for Silent Explosions

9/14/2014 c1 23SaraiEsq
This was lovely, just lovely.
6/19/2012 c1 14Marie1964
First reaction: What did I just read?

Second reaction: WHAT did I just read?

Third reaction: More, please!
5/22/2012 c1 31Goldleaf83
Okay, that was one point of view I NEVER expected to see! But it really works terrifically! Daphne's pre-war life and ambitions set a great stage for her arrival at Stalag 13. Her affinity for Carter was magnificently detailed in these lines: "I dreamily sighed as Andrew Carter, his face lit by a nearby lamp, smiled cheerfully at my round 'body'. Unlike the others, his boyish features were quite attractive to my invisible eyes. Moreover, there seemed to be a hidden energy beneath the surface; a power, almost, that could erupt at any moment given the right circumstances. - Someone much like me." Snerk! And then the disappointment over how she's treated - though that gives her more time with the object over her affections, of course. And I just about choked when I read the, uh, "climactic" line about the detonator! Utterly brilliant! And a sweet end as well, with affection returned. You've outdone yourself on this one! I'll join the chorus for you to switch the rating: I understand your choice, but I think it's fine as a T.
5/22/2012 c1 25Canadian Hogan's Fan
Oh my. Well, you've got LOLing at any rate. Who knew an explosive could be so, well, emotive? Anyway, this was definitely outside the box and well worth the read. Who would've thought, a love story with an explosive.

Great job as usual, 80s. I think you could write anything you set your mind to really well, as you've proven here.
5/21/2012 c1 73dust on the wind
Very imaginative, and beautifully written. What could have been an implausible concept is transformed by the sheer skill with which Daphne's thoughts and feelings are expressed.

Very clever, quite funny, but with a wistful edge that gives it an extra depth. Nice work.

dust...
5/21/2012 c1 76snooky-9093
Someone once sent me a review for one of my comedy chapters from "On the cutting room floor." To paraphrase, I believe they said something like, "I'd like to get inside your brain and see how it works." Well, I certainly think that sentiment fits the bill for this. How do you come up with these things. And does your family know? LOL.

Anyway, change the rating. It doesn't need the M, and it deserves to be on the main page.
5/21/2012 c1 9mmwaveprincess
OMG THIS WAS SO FREAKING HILARIOUS AND FUNNY! ROFLMAO with this one seriously. Well I'd like to reveiw more(really!) but uhh its past 7:20AM for me and I have to go to school(stupid stupid stupid school). Parting is such sweet sorrow!
5/21/2012 c1 66Sgt. Moffitt
Holy smoke! Who knew that a man could write with such tenderness, such sensitivity, and such absolute insanity? Poor Daphne! I suspect "the big O" had a very unique meaning for her.

Like the others, I was kinda wondering why the M rating. And now we know! I think maybe you've found yourself a new career, 80s.

My favorite part? The fact that Carter returns Daphne's affections. Truly a love story.
5/21/2012 c1 25Bits And Pieces
Ha, very clever! Who would've thought an explosive had feelings? LOL Great story! Very unique, and so well written - you certainly have the talent to make things come alive! Loved it!
5/21/2012 c1 66Belphegor
Do you realise you've sort of made me fall in love with a plastic explosive? Good God, I would never have expected that in a million years when I started reading HH fanfiction :D You're definitely quite talented at thinking outside the box in terms of creating characters (forget the box - your thinking knows no boxes :D), and you really have a knack for creating original, compelling characters. I really love Daphne and how she views her world - even forgiving Carter for sculpting her into a rabbit (that's the second time you've used Binky as a rabbit's name... Is it some kind of tradition, do your children have/have had a rabbit named Binky, or do you just like the [admittedly inherently funny] name?), which is a dreadful thing to do to someone/something :P

I must admit I wondered why you posted this under the "M" rating... And then I reached the end and stopped wondering :o) I still can't believe you wrote a steamy love scene (or at least a very suggestive one!) *with a plastic explosive*. I really really love you as a writer, you know that? You're completely unique!

Great story :o]
5/21/2012 c1 12Jinzle
This was so sweet. I loved Blinky being in love with Carter.
5/21/2012 c1 87konarciq
Just when I thought I was through reading them all (and missing your input!), I come across this one!

Oh boy, this was priceless. I was grinning all the way through. Binky... or Daphne, as she preferred. Who'd ever pause to see such passion in a piece of explosive? And then those final moments when he put in the detonator LOL Only then did I realize *why* you had rated this M. A pity otherwise, since far more people would be likely to see this if it was out on the "ordinary" page.

Favourite line (among many many others):

"Of course I understand the need for a good luck charm. With all the work these men do, they certainly need it! But does it have to be me?"

Glad to see that Newkirk isn't right about *everything* concerning women!
5/20/2012 c1 35ColHogan
I was ROTFLMAO at this one shot. How unique and just what I would expect from the crazy recesses of your mind.A story told from the POV of an explosive admitting her 'love' for our Carter. I also enjoyed 'Binky's' opinions on Hogan, Kinch, Newkirk and LeBeau. Very good st