for HW Beware of what you wish for

5/18/2020 c1 25Miriam1
That is an entertaining concept. Of course, these two places have no reason NOT to exist at the same place, at the same time.

A daughter of Somebody, who may just as well have been a wizard as not, would still need a magical education.

Nicely done.

Sincerely,
Miriam
3/5/2018 c1 ruth hammond
What fun!
6/28/2012 c1 20theredrobin
It was impossible for me not to check out this crossover. As always, your premise is interesting and well-executed.

I'm a little surprised that a Malfoy would even allow a half-blood (related or not) to touch their wand, but I suppose that was the most efficient way to find out if Miss Jones's abilities had true potential.
6/27/2012 c1 18FallenStar22
It was really nice to read a crossover like this and you write really well!
6/4/2012 c1 9Clio1792
Ah, as We met Miss Lucilla and Hwr crony Marianne, this reviewer brought to mind the immortal closing line of Henry James's "What Masie Knew," when the nurse finds she "still has room for wonder" at what a bright ten-year old can figure out about what adults are up to...

I wasn't exactly sure where the fandom stopped and the crossover began in this piece, but what struck me was the juxtaposition between power and powerlessness...Lucilla can literally set the world on fire, and yet she's at the mercy of her school's instructional staff; her annoying half-brother (what a name, Tarquin!) and his stuffy sense of discretion and family honor...

still I was rooting for her and her success...

Nice story,

Clio1792
5/28/2012 c1 anne
Sarah, I know it was supposed to be a diversion, but can't she be fleshed out as, say, Albus D's aunt by marriage? Well, if the time frame is right. Assume this is regency, and that albus would be born ca 1860, though I never looked it up in hp lexicon.

anne
5/25/2012 c1 Gardengirl6
Cute! I'm left confused, though - Tarquin seems to use mudblood and muggle interchangeably. Left me wondering which Lucilla's mother was...
5/22/2012 c1 6Queen of the Jungle
I'm going to read this one even if it does crossover with Emma, which I do confess that I have never read. hopefully I won't be too confused.

I was rather certain that this was a Malfoy just by the blonde hair, the snakes and the sneering demeanour!
5/22/2012 c1 2Artemis Acorn
What a fun crossover! I imagine that there is more than one child who has fantasized such an event as you have written here. Your description of Tarquin was so spot-on that I had him pegged as a Malfoy before you even got to the name. Did you name him after one of the kings of Rome, or was some other source your inspiration for the name?

Either way, I enjoyed the way you cast light on a moment of self discovery and the revelation of possibilities related to that discovery, as well as the problems that it presents. Well done!