for Love Story

1/6 c12 reisova
Shame story isn't finished it's very good
1/6 c2 reisova
Fantastic story
5/18/2020 c12 Clare
A fab fic! Hope you continue someday soon :)
6/2/2018 c12 2soundofsonder
Oh, I do hope you eventually finish this story! I’m enjoying it so much!
5/7/2018 c12 10bloomandgrow
Lisle's views on Maria were really well done as she tried to explain things to her sisters.
How adorable that the girls wanted to spend their pocket money on Maria.

I know that this story is not complete and I do hope you will come back to it because it is so wonderful.
I have enjoyed reading it many times over the last few years and now I am finally leaving some reviews to express my thanks for weaving this gorgeous tale.
5/7/2018 c11 bloomandgrow
Haha the incident with the mouse was a great way to play out more of the chemistry between Georg and Maria, with Max as the intrigued observer. And Elsa really is feeling like a fish out of water. I am almost starting to feel sorry for her.
5/7/2018 c10 bloomandgrow
Another great chapter with Elsa making spectacular clangers with regard to the children.
The dream was so deliciously steamy, and Georg trying to convince himself it meant nothing.
Only Max seems to be aware of how much the tide is turning.
Wonderful chapter.
5/7/2018 c9 bloomandgrow
Great chapter, with Elsa rapidly losing ground to an oblivious Maria on the picnic. I love how Maria's guileless and naturally charming Maria is, and how much she loves the children, which Georg is noticing more and more. Poor Elsa, she has no idea the writing is already on the wall, but Max is perceptive enough to see all the undercurrents.
I loved all the interactions with the children.
5/6/2018 c8 bloomandgrow
It was lovely the way Maria talked the children out of playing any more tricks on the Baroness. And I adored the way you re-visited the pine-cone scene, with the Captain teasing Maria. What a gorgeous scene, their own private little moment.
And how delightful that Max is on to Georg, about how his vivacious young governess is getting under his skin.
So many wonderful new scenes in this. Just delightful.
5/6/2018 c7 bloomandgrow
I enjoyed the Captain's POV in all those pivotal scenes: the return from Vienna, the rowboat and the Captain's epiphany as he realises how much he loves his children and misses them. Wonderfully done. The telling last line was cute - confirming that she would stay with him, rather than with them.
5/6/2018 c6 bloomandgrow
Great chapter, with Georg reflecting on the past, and the man he had been, the man he could not find. What a wonderful, poignant line.
I also enjoyed Maria's curiosity about Agathe and her confusion over her employer.
5/6/2018 c5 bloomandgrow
I enjoyed the discussion between Max and Georg, and Georg's shiftiness about his new governess.
I adored that Maria organised a proper party for Marta with the full works. And how wonderful that the Captain had enough love in him to have bought her a pink parasol for Marta's birthday. Great chapter.
5/5/2018 c4 bloomandgrow
That dream sequence at the beginning was just gorgeous: sensual, playful, erotic. It was a little heartbreaking though that he always had nightmare of chasing after Agathe and never reaching her.
Maria is already getting under his skin, and invading his dreams, and it is only the first day. I love it.
5/5/2018 c2 bloomandgrow
Ho ho ho, this was an adorable chapter. Those unruly children locking Maria in and then throwing her belongings around the garden; but Maria is undaunted: she manages to jimmy the lock like MacGyver, and she does it with good humour.

It was so cute when she was covering of the children while trying to hide her own mortification at having her unmentionables spread all over the grounds.

I loved the Captain at his most sarcastic, grumpy best. You've given us some wonderful new scenes which are so in keeping with the tone and characterisation of the early part of the film. It's hilarious and brilliant.
5/5/2018 c1 bloomandgrow
I am going back and reading some of the wonderful stories that first drew me into this fandom. I am embarrassed to say I enjoyed this story many times but never left a review. So here I am, back to rectify that, and to say a heartfelt thanks for this gorgeous story.

I loved this first chapter. The Captain's thoughts in those first scenes are brilliant - so surly and bad tempered and cynical. It is so perfect for the scene as he is gob smacked at this new governess who has arrived and does not fit the bill of what he hoped or expected. So many parts made me giggle. Wonderful.
106 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »