for The Sanctuary

1/18 c1 TheTamrielian
That last part makes me want to know how this ends, wishing for a happy ending.

I can practically hear the Halo Infinite OST piece: "Set a Fire in Your Heart" playing over this. And it's very fitting, in my opinion.
8/18/2020 c1 11stevem1
Good ending and beginning.
4/30/2019 c1 14The Ghostly Minion
Help will be given . . . Indeed.

The power he knows not . . . Indeed.

A final battle awaits, still the die is cast. They shall not fail.

Five stars.

TGM
1/25/2017 c1 Guest
Very nice a different story line
Really enjoyable
4/25/2016 c1 2Bad Wolf Jen
Such a sweet ending on a cute little chapter
6/11/2013 c1 1Righteousham
In a review I left for one of your other stories I believe I said that Harry and Hermione falling in love during or after the last book was not something I felt was believable, given the rather heavy-handed way Rowling pushed the (and I use this term loosely) romances in the sixth book. Having read this, I now must concede that I was wrong as you've done quite a good job showing a situation wherein they would fall in love.

Now in most cases such as this I would invoke the "Smurfette Principle", but I feel that doesn't wholly apply here as Harry and Hermione have a strong bond of friendship to work from, and certainly in the earlier books it looked as if something could have developed between them.

I liked the idea of the cave as well as the history and geography of the area. It added a touch of realism that helped to ground the story. That played well into making the desperation of the couples situation feel that much more intense and real.

This is in direct contrast to Deathly Hollows, which felt mostly artificial to me, at least insofar as emotional resonance is concerned. As most of the characters' plight is brought on by their own ineptitude driven by a forced, poorly plotted and hollow narrative. That may sound overly harsh, but I will stand by it.

I see you used the Idea that love is the power "he knew not" , as it were. I've come across many stories that use this and as cheesy as it is, at least it's thematically consistent. I do think you should consider adding a second chapter to define just how love will beat him.

The only bit of criticism I have for you is concerning Hermione giggling. I feel that giggling was inappropriate for the scene and mood in question, as well as Hermione's character. It happens just the once, but it still managed to drag me completely from the story.

I liked this piece overall. Very well done.

Keep writing.
7/3/2012 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
Very moving.
5/27/2012 c1 44dennisud
Nice one-shot though I'd like to see a 2nd chapter as I think they'd either die with him or maybe use the 'Ancient' magic to down him!

dennisud

Course you want us to imagine this too!

;-)
5/27/2012 c1 8Starman800
Really good story. Sad to hear about all the others, but gives a good ideal that the evil on the world after this day at the end of the story is going go down.
5/27/2012 c1 Cassandra30