for The Third Time

5/26/2016 c41 Catservant
Wow, your story had about everything in it that I love to read :-). Action, hurt/comfort, suspense, romance,... LOVE it! First I didn't do the chores I had on my list this afternoon because I was kept on the edge with Martin thinking they'd go to London and Louisa postponing her decision all the time... Then my family had to wait half an hour longer for their dinner today because I couldn't put my ebook reader down with Martin out on the sea! Thanks a lot for sharing, it's a keeper!
5/1/2016 c10 Guest
This is fantastic writing, very credible insight into what the two characters are feeling. Series has alwas suffered from both M&L not having any confidants to discuss . Thank you so much.

You might be interested in my video condensation of just the early Martin and Louisa story at
5/1/2016 c2 3doc38
5/1/2016 c1 doc38
I can only wish that series 6 followed your plot which is a million times better than the dreadful one they did. Your plot is spell-binding and I have to read it again more slowly to savour it and fully appreciate it. Yor creativity and effort is amazing.

My own weak response to the disastrous turn the series took in 6 with a very weak recovery in 7 was to rewrite the closing narrative of 7 as below
and to condense the videos of the earlier series just following Louisa (and Martin). The playlist is
playlist/x4czok_ut038_between-martin-and-louisa/1#videox422s9w

The only criticism I might venture is that you went overboard from no sex in the actual series (L&M make love twice in series 3 and that's it with no details) and Martin unable to even ask her to stay the night) to incongruous explicit (kinky) sexploits that are hardly essential to your otherwise beautifully romantic plot.

L: “ Well done, you saved his life”. I have seen you save so, so many , including mine. You are the most brilliant doctor of the highest integrity so dedicated to help the ill and injured despite being sick at the sight of blood.
It was so noble of you to move out of the surgery for me and to undertake therapy for me. You may have trouble expressing your love for me but I know deep down you will always be there for me and you never have deliberately hurt me. I am ashamed I have abandoned you in my confusion and tried to change you even by hurting you rather than love the very special person you are. Please forgive and let me give you all the love you deserve. Martin Ellingham, I love you so so much, so much it hurts.
M: I have a remedy for that….Thank God. I will always be absolutely hopelessly in love with you

Instead she separates herself from him after insisting all along she was staying with him. Later the dialogue becomes ambiguous…
M: I’m never going to change the way I feel about you.
L: I don’t want that
M: I’ve tried, I’ve really tried (what? To change the way he feels about her? ) I’ve really tried. But it just makes things worse. (whot?)
L; Can we go home now? (ambiguous as not sharing a home) M: I love you Louisa L: I love you too (note even I Love you too Martin) and never in the whole 50 episodes a definite unsolicited "Martin, I love you"
11/9/2015 c41 1Richard Ross
Enjoy your writing and your ability to capture Louisa's perspective. Very nice!
11/8/2015 c38 docmartinfan
Liked the way Louisa responded to Edith. Glad Louisa realized she had acted horrdly in not believing Martin as he never lied to her before. It was great of Louisa to tell Edith that Martin did not have any intimacy problems with her.
7/28/2015 c1 Guest
Just found and read this wonderful and emotional story, loved it! Hope you'll return with more stories, certainly got the talent :)
4/11/2015 c41 6White Russian
Oh gosh. Where to begin?

I loved every moment of this story. The characterization, the pacing, the plot, the romance - you simply nailed it. My hat's off to you. This was so great. One of my absolute favorites. Thank you so much for writing it!
12/15/2014 c41 bee.zippy
Oh my - whan emotionally charged, one the edge of your seat story! I enjoyed it immensely! I hope you will write more because your stories are wonderful.
4/1/2014 c41 KathyFG
Your story is wonderful. Very moving. Believable insight into Martin and Louisa's love and commitment to each other, and to being better for each other. Loved the sex scenes- very believable considering their obvious passion for each other.
3/18/2014 c1 Sherri
I think that it very good. martin and Louisa need to be together. I know that they are only characters. You should send this to the writers. Martin and Louisa need this sort of passion.
2/26/2014 c41 Linda
A wonderful story.
2/2/2014 c8 Guest
Good job Isobel ! Food for thought for Louisa.
2/2/2014 c7 Guest
Glad that Aunt Ruth is playing a role in this situation, seems she truly cares.
8/1/2013 c41 andithomas1
I absolutely love this story of Doc Martin and Louisa. I just recently watched Doc Martin on Netflix and I love their story. I was pleasantly surprised to see fan fiction for the show and I think this is the 4th time I've read this story. Wonderful job!
82 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »