for Embrace

10/23/2014 c1 40Concolor44
Yes ... as long as you can embrace it with HER. That should work just fine.
4/23/2014 c1 1Alec33
Really nice one shot. it's hard to accept change and having someone with you can definitely ease the process
3/27/2014 c1 11Terraform
This is just heart-achingly beautiful, Novus. I just don't know what to say. I had been feeling the pangs of the past and this has just made them hurt even more. I am truly astounded...and even though I am only slightly familiar with BB and Raven, I feel like I know them so intimately now. I have lived their lives and walked in their shoes, felt every regret and triumph in just a handful of words. This is brilliant. Every moment perfect.
You need to start charging for handkerchiefs. - TF
11/29/2012 c1 Guest
That was so nice. I liked that a lot. :)
8/1/2012 c1 29Rosalind2013
Beautiful! Simply beautiful!

It's been a while since I've read something so well written, and it's a nice refresher! I love the lesson you put in there, it's something I've had to learn over and over again haha. seems I never learn!

Keep up the good work!
Rose
7/9/2012 c1 63BiblioMatsuri
Not the leader type, BB? The guy who gathered the auxiliary Titans and took down the League of Evil? Yeah, he can be rather dense at times.
6/17/2012 c1 6ViLaVi
This is a great way to start a comeback, methinks. I liked to reaslistic aspect of it. The Titans splitting up is canon in the comics, and I liked reading this take on it. As always, your stories have top notch atmosphere, flow, and characterization. Also, it's a very relatable story. Who hasn't had to say good-bye to someone they care about?

It seemed like Raven was just as sad and scared as BB, but she would definitely be the one doing the comforting in this situation.

And yes, it is very easy to fall out of touch.
6/17/2012 c1 Super Girl
This is such a good but sad story! You put the characters perfectly. It's sad to think about good bye, it's probebly the saddest word in the world. What you wrote is so true. In order to say hello to one thing, you have to say goodbye to something else.
6/17/2012 c1 6fei.fie.fo.fum
i'm shocked, i read this yesterday and didn't review? well, that just has to be fixed. give me a moment to re-read this so i can give a more comprehensive review. such a chore, oh well, such is life. :D

and no, i'm not grinning because i have to read over again. really.

...

still can't believe i didn't review yesterday, but here goes.

i usually don't like first person, after all, that sort of implies that a fanfic writer could crawl into the head of someone else's character and tell me what they're thinking. largely, i say authors don't get it right.

you're the exception. kudos.

this bb feels very genuine to me. i especially like the 'scolded child' part. i get the feeling that bb's especially familiar with that feeling.

and bb can so lead if he wanted to. i believe that he's a lot like me in that respect- leading's too much work, let someone else do it instead! i'll be in the background unless i feel it's necessary for me to intervene.
6/17/2012 c1 5Eternal Author
Heart-warming. I know how he feels. Moar!
6/17/2012 c1 The Cretin
ALL HAIL SECLORUM!...HAIL HIM!...Novus, so far this is my oneshot of the week. I like how you address this issue in first-person POV. Gets one more attached to characters. You're one of the best first-person writers I know of. Its funny this is alot like the comics. As Force said, BB got very mixed results. I do got to say that I think BB underestimates himself. He was a pretty good leader, in fact, Raven compared him to Nightwing. He CAN do it. I like how you address his emotional ties to the changes. Someone once told me that "Childhood must die so a man can be born". Your story made me think of that. Its a great piece of work. I've come to expect nothing less from you. Hope all is well with you and your writing. Best of luck and keep rockin.
6/17/2012 c1 50acosta perez jose ramiro
Great one shot here.

Keep the good writing.
6/16/2012 c1 Long time reader
Wow, it's been quite a while since I last saw something here from you. This was really quite touching. I've lived through this kind of separation so many times now that really it resonated with me. No matter how far you go, people eventually grow apart. It's one of those bittersweet necessities of life.

Thanks.

BTW: Will this have future installments? If not will you be submitting more in the future?
6/16/2012 c1 1Renting
Excellent, as to be expected from you. Welcome back. :)
6/16/2012 c1 67TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne
"Nobody wants to be the creepy old guy who hangs around with teenagers"

And yet, that is what he does in the comics, with VERY mixed results.

I liked the angst portrayed in this story. It's nice and subtle, which is the way it is in the real world, where sometimes even your closest friends are utterly unaware of how you are feeling, or even worse, they don't really care as they have their own fish to fry.

BTW, I owe you an apology, I didn't include you in a list of cameos in my one shot "Her Guilty Pleasure.
17 Page 1 2 Next »