for Prohibition

1/30/2016 c4 499TheYmp
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards- Short Story/ Complete AU-Jan 2016

An inventive interpretation to the events of Purgatory. I enjoyed the Lovecraftian references and I liked how you addressed the issues that the show seemed to keep building up to, but somehow always shied away from.

All good writing, although for me the first chapter was the strongest (I felt a little cheated at the brevity of the last one).
1/15/2016 c4 2Catasauqua
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards: Short Story/Complete AU January 2006

I very much liked Dean and Castiel having no option other than clear the air if they were to survive. I also felt both were dealing with addiction - one going cold turkey and the other trying to control his use to the minimum needed to keep them both alive.

However, it seemed Dean was doing nothing for three chapters. Just...waiting. I understand he trusted Castiel, but Dean is a Hunter and, as such, I can't help but feel he would have been making whatever weapons he could from the material available while Castiel was scouting. Also, a little more description phrasing of Purgatory would have benefited this story.

The "Bridge" chapter was excellent. From Dean's doubts and worries about Castiel to his quest to find him and, finally, his meeting with Benny.

Cat
1/4/2016 c1 SPNReadingManiac
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Award Review : January 2016

Fantastic visualisation of Dean and Cas' first day in Purgatory. The dialogue was excellent, perfectly reflecting both characters-Castiel's stiff formality and uncertainty and Dean's irritability, as much with himself as with the angel. Blending the dialogue with a little more descriptive detail would have enriched the story for the reader, as would delving a little more deeply into the interior characterisation, Castiel's decision-making process in his pretence of ignorance on the betrayals he's responsible for, but even without it was a very good way to allow Dean and Cas to explain at some of the problems between them and a very plausible and easily believed conversation. Great work!
12/11/2012 c4 8Sharlot
Wonderful bridge! You should write a second story that follows some of the adventures of Dean/Cas/Benny in Purgatory. Dean said that Benny had been more of a brother to him in that year than Sam had ever been. I would LOVE to find out what lead to such a statement! Canon can't or won't show me. So...um...git writin'! ;)

Loved this piece. Thanks for your hard work!
12/11/2012 c4 ccase13
I was glad to see another good vampire, finally. Surely some would overcome their cravings sometimes.
12/11/2012 c4 Casismyfavorite
Wonderful ending! I love how it ties in to canon. Thank you for sharing this awesome story- it was very enjoyable to read :)
10/22/2012 c3 ccase13
I just love the idea of Castiel with Dean's help being able to bring home some of the graces that were killed unjustly and maybe they can find Gabriel who did the right thing in the end.
10/19/2012 c3 Sharlot
OooOo! This sounds intriguing. I'd like to see Dean and Cas fight to keep sane on their quest. That's delicious! Lead on!
10/18/2012 c3 Casismyfavorite
I love that Cas is saving the other angels too! I wish the story didn't end yet- I enjoy reading this. I so love the line ""Man, I wasn't worried that you were going to go all bow-to-me-I-am-awesome again"- lol! The way Dean and Cas' friendship was mended in purgatory was very satisfying and made me happy. Wonderful story :)
7/28/2012 c1 5MiracleWhipped
coolio!
7/24/2012 c2 sylia91
I loved Cas and Dean's analogies of their symbiotic relationship and those yogi apothecary monsters sound interesting. Dean's situation would be akin to a police officer being incarcerated with the same criminals he put away.
7/23/2012 c2 Casismyfavorite
I really love that they established their bond and that bond is what will help them survive. My favorite lines were: "That is until he took a really good look at the angel…fallen or falling angel…ex-god. What exactly was Castiel now? He tentatively settled on friend"- it makes me feel hopeful that they will be friends again. Cas glowing because of his connection to other souls is fascinating as is how their influence made Cas evil. It's awesome that Dean is acting like a filter to keep Cas from becoming influenced by them again. Amazing story! Thank you for sharing it :)
7/23/2012 c1 Casismyfavorite
I love the idea of Dean going into alcohol withdrawal in Purgatory- it makes sense since he is constantly drinking. Excellent insight into what he might be feeling and I love Cas trying to help as much as he can.
7/23/2012 c2 8Sharlot
Psychee, this was absolutely GORGEOUS, and utter pleasure to read. Loved Castiel's assertion that:::::"It appears that I am now unavoidably connected to some of the souls of Purgatory as I…embraced…them before. This is a mixed blessing. It is giving me the ability to protect us…you.":::::what a great idea, one that I would adore to see explored!

I also love how you explained the disappearance of the hand-print (and love even more that you brought it back!)

The ending was just brilliant and right and satisfying.

Honestly, Psychee...? One of the best written pieces I've read in quite a while. Absolutely lovely. Thanks much.
7/4/2012 c1 Sharlot
I really, really enjoyed this. Very nice of Cas to do the one small thing he could to ease Dean's suffering. Loved seeing the two interact again. It's been such a sad, dry spell in that regard. Thanks much!
18 Page 1 2 Next »